Your favourite bar at Glastonbury?

ClovenFin

Top 5 Glastonbury bars:

1. Bimble Inn. Near where I camp, nice selection and live music.

2. Spike, preferably at night when it's lit up. Even though it's yards away from the old railway track, glade, etc, it feels like you've stepped out of the madness for a bit.

3. Circus and Theatre fields bar. Sells Brooklyn Lager. Is never really busy.

4. Bar in Pussy Parlure. Good for rum and ginger beer and a sit down on proper tables and chairs. I like to sit down. And live music too.

5. Avalon Inn. Feels almost absurd that it's knocked up for the festival and not there all year round.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jparx said:

Good old (new) Tricketts. Although last festival people seemed to have cottoned on a lot more and it was quite busy. Still, walking up there after getting your tent up for a pint of ale in yer steel cup is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Quick one - Their steel cup, or you took your own? Wondered if they do a deposit thing. My favourite thing to do it go straight up there after the tent is up. Had some bosting cocktails from there last two times iirc.

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Quick one - Their steel cup, or you took your own? Wondered if they do a deposit thing. My favourite thing to do it go straight up there after the tent is up. Had some bosting cocktails from there last two times iirc.

Stop by the Bimble on your way up.... they do the steel cups. £5 returnable deposit, or you can keep it forever. 

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

They sell them. I think it was £5. 

Best damn cup i've ever owned BTW.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Aside from the overall loveliness there is a smugness you can't beat when drinking from it at a fest. Very similar to the additional smug flavour you find in homegrown veg :D

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah those cups are mega. Still use mine every day. I might just stock up next year and replaces all my pint glasses with them ?

It's the bottles I use every day. Cup not so much, like to keep it as my festival / BBQ pot :)

24 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Stop by the Bimble on your way up.... they do the steel cups. £5 returnable deposit, or you can keep it forever. 

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

Excellent! Thanks people.

3 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

I treat myself to some crafty cans to take in too. Normally Magic Rock, Beavertown, Tiny Rebel I had some really nice Swedish stuff from Beerbliotek in 2017 too. A tailgate grapefruit spa would not go amiss either. I then either hit the Cider Bus or the general bars for a top up. I like the Casbah and Chameleon for the lively atmosphere, particularly on weds and thursday.

Where do you tend to buy from I find at the time I always bail on craft because of expense and carrying in is a bit of a ballache. 

So many good bars. But still haven't been to the spike. 

Personal faves are brothers - I will never touch cider all year but the flavoured 6% with something playing on West holts is golden. 

Bimble Inn - last year had prosseco cocktails I pint glasses for something silly like 3 pounds. Not sure if it was because it was Sunday, the staff had got the wrong measurements or it's just that generous. 

Theatre bar - nice beer and always something fun to look at. 

Anyone got any suggestions for late night bars outside of se corner? I know nearer the time there will a load of threads. 

Just now, PorkSoda said:

Where do you tend to buy from I find at the time I always bail on craft because of expense and carrying in is a bit of a ballache. 

So many good bars. But still haven't been to the spike. 

Personal faves are brothers - I will never touch cider all year but the flavoured 6% with something playing on West holts is golden. 

Bimble Inn - last year had prosseco cocktails I pint glasses for something silly like 3 pounds. Not sure if it was because it was Sunday, the staff had got the wrong measurements or it's just that generous. 

Theatre bar - nice beer and always something fun to look at. 

Anyone got any suggestions for late night bars outside of se corner? I know nearer the time there will a load of threads. 

I normally go to a really good local off licence in Brighton to stock specifically for Glastonbury. It is pricey(ish) but I have cool bag storage for around 15 cans and they act as nice punctuation points to the more prosaic everyday drinking I do at Glastonbury. The rest of my group will bring the usual wine box and supermarket booze, but I do find a few select good ones work a treat.

The Spike is a nice bar btw if you can get there when it's not too rammed. A Couple of Mums normally do an excellent cheesy set on weds/thursday afternoon.

As for late bars, The Rum Shack whilst in the SE Corner is normally much more bearable than some of the others down there.

43 minutes ago, jparx said:

Little tip - head to the iron workers to the left of the Park stage, and get them to pop a little hole in the top rim of your cup. This, with a little keyring ring can be attached to belt/bag when not in use.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The Cornish Arms usually has Proper Job, or for your American take on the style there's a place in the Theatre field that does a few different Brooklyn ones. Unconfirmed reports that Tricketts at the top of the Park has some. And of course the real ale place by the Acoustic.

That's great thanks for the recommendations! Roll on next June!

17 hours ago, Memory Man said:

as has been said the theatre bar and real ale places are OK but glastonbury (and festivals in general) havent really caught up with the craft beer trends. Thankfully high quality craft cans have never been easier to buy and I would strongly encourage people to bring their own if they're looking for the very best (magic rock etc) as you almost certainly wont find any to buy on site. 

Theatre bar was stocking 3 or 4 types of brooklyn but of course it was about £6 a pint and isnt really that good if you're honest. if we are talking that type I would rather see sierra nevada or lagunitas. 

Let's hope that following the fallow year craft beers are better represented next year!

31 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Little tip - head to the iron workers to the left of the Park stage, and get them to pop a little hole in the top rim of your cup. This, with a little keyring ring can be attached to belt/bag when not in use.

What a lovely tip! Thanks ?

My favourite has to be Avalon. I got engaged at 2017 Glasto on the ribbon tower, and to celebrate we went to Avalon to meet with friends and shared a few bottles of prosecco. Then we all went off to dance around to Chic on the Pyramid and all the excitement led to an emergency long drop visit for me to have a chunder.

So Avalon for me will always be associated with happy memories (shortly followed by chundering into a long drop)