Your favourite bar at Glastonbury?

ClovenFin

• 1 month later...

I went to an event called Yesterday's Farming at the weekend (I know, old tractors etc, don't judge me...) and found my favourite bar there! I wrote a story about it, as I was so excited to see it - and thought if anyone may share my joy, it would be here! 

The story is here: http:///CiderBusIlminster

But here she is (plus obligatory selfie with a pint...):

SMALLCiderBus7.jpg

SMALL Cider bus.jpg

SMALL Cider bus 2.jpg

SMALL Cider bus 1.jpg

SMALLIMG_1171.jpg

Edited by pogal
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, pogal said:

I went to an event called Yesterday's Farming at the weekend (I know, old tractors etc, don't judge me...) and found my favourite bar there! I wrote a story about it, as I was so excited to see it - and thought if anyone may share my joy, it would be here! 

The story is here: http:///CiderBusIlminster

But here she is (plus obligatory selfie with a pint...):

SMALLIMG_1171.jpg

Hang on, how did you hold the camera to take this?   

2 minutes ago, pogal said:

Rest assured, I took the photo myself, rightly drawing the ire of those around me as to why I would possibly be taking a selfie in front of a bus...

Well then sir, I unreservedly apologise for doubting your mastery of selfie technique and the English language!

Those photos make me very happy.  They give me a warm feeling inside, as if I've just downed a pint of hot'n'spicy!

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Well then sir, I unreservedly apologise for doubting your mastery of selfie technique and the English language!

Those photos make me very happy.  They give me a warm feeling inside, as if I've just downed a pint of hot'n'spicy!

No no, cynicism welcome!

And doesn't it? I was well chuffed when I spotted the cider bus (as was my two-year-old, who screamed 'Glasto!). And I wasn't alone, that's for sure. :D

I wandered into a bar on the Thursday night that was brilliant. I was walking past and it the strains of "Killing In The Name" beckoned me over. I had a little singalong with a small group outside, then lost an hour or so of my evening... 

I didn't find the bar again that weekend! 

• 1 year later...

Ridge and Furrow has become a firm favourite since Neil moved the efest's meet to there a few years ago, Cockmill's and the Avalon Inn. I think these choices are mainly due to the fact that I spend most of my time on that side of the site. If I feel the need for some quiet, chillout time, I head for the Stonemasons Arms.

The Hill of Death open air  'bar' Tuesday evening, dribbling a warm can whilst going wow at the view again

Brothers Bar for the Wednesday lunchtime to meet up with the usual suspects (No, not incl. Kevin Spacey)

Ridge & Furrow later on for the obligatory efestivals meet

Bimble Inn as the first drink on a tour of the festival site on Thursday, clockwise usually from Gate C. Bar crawl more modest these days, end up too long in the Bimble to do much else...

Avalon Inn ideally Friday Saturday & Sunday between bands

Cockmill Inn Saturday noon for catching some unknown singer before anything else is up and running