Glastonbury Festival Wikipedia page

gooner1990

I look at the wikipedia page on occasion for reference and I notice there are a lot of gaps (especially pre-2000) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival_line-ups

Does anyone know how to fill it in (I'm a bit stupid and don't) 

As i notice there is a programme from 1998 on sale on ebay and the seller has posted most of the line up with stage times etc...would love to see the line up pages more full. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glastonbury-Festival-Programme-1998-Pulp-Blur-Bob-Dylan-Robbie-Williams-Primal-/172751343090?hash=item2838c84df2:g:R4wAAOSw8HBZNDPN

7 hours ago, Dave_c said:

I assume 98 was the year the pyramid burned down, since the programme says 'main stage'.

No, that was 1994.

7 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I look at the wikipedia page on occasion for reference and I notice there are a lot of gaps (especially pre-2000) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival_line-ups

Does anyone know how to fill it in (I'm a bit stupid and don't) 

As i notice there is a programme from 1998 on sale on ebay and the seller has posted most of the line up with stage times etc...would love to see the line up pages more full. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glastonbury-Festival-Programme-1998-Pulp-Blur-Bob-Dylan-Robbie-Williams-Primal-/172751343090?hash=item2838c84df2:g:R4wAAOSw8HBZNDPN

I have a programne from 94 onwards.  I'm a bit busy for a few days but if you remind me next week I can scan some pages for you

10 hours ago, Pinhead said:

There was a site some years back that had pretty much all the programmes scanned and available as PDF, but can't for the life of me remember the URL. It might well be in a old thread on here though...

I think you're talking about the UKRockFestivals site. Links to other years at the bottom.

As a little point of interest, if I'm reading that right Andrew Kerr's piece there indicates the Pyramid has never been on a ley line (contrary to popular opinion).

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

So weird thinking of Glastonbury without the Pyramid. Just fuckin wrong like

It was crappy. It was even labelled as "Pyramid" at least one of those years. Look at the Radiohead 97 videos for how shit it was, less impressive than the current W Holts stage.

Imagine how genuinely awesome it was in 2000 when I finally got to see a proper Pyramid Stage on my fourth Glastonbury. We'll worth the wait.

14 hours ago, musky said:

I think you're talking about the UKRockFestivals site. Links to other years at the bottom.

As a little point of interest, if I'm reading that right Andrew Kerr's piece there indicates the Pyramid has never been on a ley line (contrary to popular opinion).

Yeah, that could well be the site I reckon - can't find the programmes page yet though.

Where does Kerr say that about the Pyramid? Bit I just read said, "Under the apex of the Pyramid there was a blind spring which connected to the Stonehenge-Glastonbury ley [line] by way of a spiral geodetic line."

Must show you my wall piece; a collection of sorts.  There are a few other souvenirs mixed in with it, but it is mainly Glastonbury wristbands and mini (Guardian) programmes plus Roskilde wristbands.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 15.42.35.png

Edited by Watergirl

3 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Must show you my wall piece; a collection of sorts.  There are a few other souvenirs mixed in with it, but it is mainly Glastonbury wristbands and mini (Guardian) programmes plus Roskilde wristbands.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 15.42.35.png

Ooh very fancy :) 

Your presentation skills are somewhat more evident than my "spread them out on a cleanish carpet and stand on the stairs" approach.

7 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah, that could well be the site I reckon - can't find the programmes page yet though.

Where does Kerr say that about the Pyramid? Bit I just read said, "Under the apex of the Pyramid there was a blind spring which connected to the Stonehenge-Glastonbury ley [line] by way of a spiral geodetic line."

Makes sense. Blind springs are earth energy nodes for dowsers. Most early (pre-14th century) churches are built over them (the font is often sited directly on top).

8 hours ago, Pinhead said:

The programmes, or at least assorted pages of them, are on each page under each individual year. They start in the early 80s, so either they don't have any examples or the festival didn't produce them before then.

That bit about the blind sprig is what I was referring to. It doesn't say that the location of the Pyramid was on a ley line, just that it connected to one via a spiral geodesic line. I would have thought you could probably connect anywhere with everywhere else via a geodesic line, spiral or not! :)

16 minutes ago, musky said:

The programmes, or at least assorted pages of them, are on each page under each individual year. They start in the early 80s, so either they don't have any examples or the festival didn't produce them before then.

That bit about the blind sprig is what I was referring to. It doesn't say that the location of the Pyramid was on a ley line, just that it connected to one via a spiral geodesic line. I would have thought you could probably connect anywhere with everywhere else via a geodesic line, spiral or not! :)

Therein lies the rub with ley lines.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:51 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Therein lies the rub with ley lines.

That's the issue, yes. There are two types, often mistakenly described as interchangeable when they are not. There are the Alfred Watkins 'type' if you like which are physical leys of alignments across the landscape of natural and / or manmade features. Then there are the dowseable geodetic 'energy' leys of the Hamish Miller / T C Lethbridge 'type' which often begin / end with blind spings, follow underground watercourses (sometimes), and link ancient sites, monuments and natural features together. Often the former follow the latter, allegedly as a consequence of one another. The Pyramid Stage siting was supposed to have been recommended to Kerr at the time by John Mitchell who was the go to man at the time for such 'New Age' information after his The View over Atlantis publication on such matters. I believe it encompasses both physical and energy leys (the latter being the Michael line).

Yes, the theories involved have been explored scientifically and found to be almost impossible to substantiate. For geographical leys, for the ones that can be identified through accurate cartography are likely more a result of statistical definitions of chance that of any deliberate effort to align monuments with natural features. Some are certainly conditioned by landscape elements as simple as valleys and geology, but there is certainly likely to be no intentional alignment.

For 'energy leys' there have been attempts to scientifically identify any form of energy that dowsers might be claiming to be able to detect, but as yet this 'energy' remains elusive....