Thursday addition?

jkb1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, cincoveces05 said:

Slightly annoyed as it's too late for me to get the Thursday off work, seen them 7 or 8 times before and always been brilliantly shambolic.  People there will have a blast

To be honest your voice sounds v creaky. Are you sure you're not coming down with something? Will only get worse in the next 14 days or so!

9 minutes ago, cincoveces05 said:

Definitely check them out, be very surprised if you don't recognise Step On or Kinky Afro when you hear them

I recognise step on but not kinky Afro. Again, if there's nothing else I fancy then I'll watch these, but I'm quite liking the main stage for Thursday so unless they're opening it earlier, I'm guessing HM won't be on the main?

I can't remember being let down by the Thursday line up before so I make a point of getting the tickets as soon as they come out. James, ash, charlatans, Franz, happy Mondays are all the right sort of bookings for Thursday night entertainment 

Just now, Curlygirl said:

I recognise step on but not kinky Afro. Again, if there's nothing else I fancy then I'll watch these, but I'm quite liking the main stage for Thursday so unless they're opening it earlier, I'm guessing HM won't be on the main?

Theyre using the happy mondays as main support to franz. Looks like theyre opening the stage at 3pm this year

29 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Theyre using the happy mondays as main support to franz. Looks like theyre opening the stage at 3pm this year

Really? 3pm? They best have the gates/ traffic working smooth then otherwise there will be a lot of people not even set up camp by then

37 minutes ago, ramragon said:

There won't be anyone major on stage until around 5pm unless you're interested in the lower down line up

I actually misread your earlier messages and thought that the Mondays were on at 3! I only be mildly pissed by then!

Probably not going to match the general feeling on here, but always felt that the Happy mondays were one of the most over rated bands of a generation. Listening to their music now and it sounds very dated, but even in their prime they weren't great and more famous for Sean's behaviour and having a halfwit lunatic shaking maracas. 

Still a good addition, but not sure they warrant the levels of excitement being thrown at them. 

On 7/14/2017 at 0:42 PM, Rob D said:

Probably not going to match the general feeling on here, but always felt that the Happy mondays were one of the most over rated bands of a generation. Listening to their music now and it sounds very dated, but even in their prime they weren't great and more famous for Sean's behaviour and having a halfwit lunatic shaking maracas. 

Still a good addition, but not sure they warrant the levels of excitement being thrown at them. 

Sacrilege of the highest level.

They made the 90s.

Open your ears..