Boomtown?

Neville Street

7 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Really, you should go. My first time this year (always had to work Boardmasters previously) and after a lifetime of going to festivals I can only describe it as jaw dropping.

See you there :)

How is it in terms of age? Our group runs from 19 up to me (north of 50). Would I feel like a gate crasher?

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

My problem too. Festival itself sounds amazing but there's very little in any of the lineups that could convince me to fork out for it.

I think I only saw 4 or 5 bands, but there is so much else to do it didn't matter! We wandered about loads, looking at all the different places, and stopping off for a dance here and there when you hear music you like! It was worth it even though I'd only heard of about 7 bands on the line up! 

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

My problem too. Festival itself sounds amazing but there's very little in any of the lineups that could convince me to fork out for it.

This is a blessing - the place can be a nightmare when you've actually got a full line-up to see and rush around! There are too many crazy distractions to actually manage it and you'll miss loads

There are people who go just for the games....

Has anyone actually finished the whole quest that started with "Do I know you friend" in Old Town? I got up to the Job Centre but couldn't continue the quest as I had a bit of a crazy trip. What did you have to do and where did it lead to?
--

A cyborg mafia boss followed by a waiting room, then a visit to a doctor to hack the machine in vr followed by some hypnotism. It was worth the wait
--
we started at the post office in oldtown, the gave us a letter to take to the jail in the town centre. Who in turn gave us a usb stick to take to the town hall. Once in the town hall we had to try and hack the bang hai system. They sent us down to speak to a guy in a kiosk in china town, who sent us to the complaints department to try and find a secret code. This failed and we were sent to a brain doctor in bario loco, who after making us drink odd liquid sent us to the place in distrikt 5 with the secret code.
---
I had to do LOTS of missions which involved the job centre, getting kicked out the bank (twice), pitching a sales idea to a dragons den type company then entering the vault and getting lots of BT money!!! Smashed last year's stash, absolutely loved it!x

I have never found the time but the space kittens from our group who did were loving it

1 hour ago, frostypaw said:

This is a blessing - the place can be a nightmare when you've actually got a full line-up to see and rush around! There are too many crazy distractions to actually manage it and you'll miss loads

I had to remind myself to enjoy what I was doing and not think about what I was missing a few times. More so than at Glastonbury come to think of it. I think as long as you can appreciate a few acts on there is enough for you.

I spend about 5 mins watching someone hat juggling near a bar in the old town. She was so tucked away, the only way you could see her was through an inconspicuous port hole in a wall. she must have spend 90% of the time with 0 audience.