Liverpool Psych fest

bexj

50 minutes ago, pedrogooch said:

Yeah, it's not a bad set of bands, but £55 seems far too much with no real headliner there. Especially jarring when you see Wide Awake are charging half of that.

Yeah, when I saw the price, I figured they'd have at least one or two "bigger" bands. I'll probably go, but gonna wait for cheap tickets.

Is there anything else that makes this "psychedelic" or is it really just a bunch of concerts?

Solid lineup, I wasn't expecting any massive names. I think for the amount of 'stuff' that's going on in one day £55 is definitely pretty good, and to be honest it's one of the festivals where I really love discovering acts I've never heard of.

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is there anything else that makes this "psychedelic" or is it really just a bunch of concerts?

There's a lot of work put in with the venue production, projections, installations/happenings and general goings on. This year it's in a slightly smaller venue so I think it'll be a nice vibe.

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Solid lineup, I wasn't expecting any massive names. I think for the amount of 'stuff' that's going on in one day £55 is definitely pretty good, and to be honest it's one of the festivals where I really love discovering acts I've never heard of.

There's a lot of work put in with the venue production, projections, installations/happenings and general goings on. This year it's in a slightly smaller venue so I think it'll be a nice vibe.

It does sound quite decent. I'm trying to decide between this or seeing Oh Sees. What are the times like for it? Was wondering if there's usually any late night stuff...

But really now, £55 for this is expensive. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see the production and whatnot, but the lineup really doesn't match the price. Especially when compared to, as someone mentioned earlier, Wide Awake for example.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

It does sound quite decent. I'm trying to decide between this or seeing Oh Sees. What are the times like for it? Was wondering if there's usually any late night stuff...

But really now, £55 for this is expensive. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see the production and whatnot, but the lineup really doesn't match the price. Especially when compared to, as someone mentioned earlier, Wide Awake for example.

I think it's a bit unfair to compare this to Wide Awake. There's so many different variables in place with each one and Wide Awake might end up being pretty bare bones production wise, we have no idea yet. This is a well established and popular festival at this point, and indoors.

Yeah it generally runs late, and their social media says '16 hours long' this year which suggests it'll run until about 4am.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...