Are Tories welcome at Glastonbury

Apone

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

That's no argument as  the cost of a Glastonbury's ticket plus other costs is far higher 

What does cost have to do with it? It's about having enough time to justify taking on an allotment. They are in short supply and should go to those who are willing and able to put the hours in to make the most of the land. Anyone working those hours would be deeply selfish to take on an allotment.

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

I'm not talking about price. In the modern economy some people barely have time to do a weekly clothes wash let alone look after an allotment.

I don't agree there .. I'm sure most can afford an hour or two a week and yes I was a full time worker and single parent 

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What does cost have to do with it? It's about having enough time to justify taking on an allotment. They are in short supply and should go to those who are willing and able to put the hours in to make the most of the land. Anyone working those hours would be deeply selfish to take on an allotment.

I'm not saying you should have one I'm saying there is an opportunity if wanted , this went from cost to time ??

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

Also the small matter of waiting lists. Believe it or not, a lot of the Manchester ones are 'long' :P 

That is true, which is such a shame but once you are on then it's just  a wait... not right but not sure how to change it.

At least it's good to know more people are wanting to do it 

59 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I was way off then.. 18.00 a year for an allotment is brilliant.. no excuse for anyone not taking up one. 

The thing I hate especially in Primary schools is the live chicken project ... it is one thing I would be happy to have banned 

Apart from the waiting list. It can be up to three years in some places.

Just now, Ommadawn said:

Apart from the waiting list. It can be up to three years in some places.

I've always lived rurally so waiting lists no where near that long ... that's a damn shame .  So many people who could really make use and enjoy an allotments.  

I'm outside most of my days 365 days a year and just watching the seasons change is so good, each time of year has such special qualities ... I suppose in the grand scheme of things allotments aren't high on any political parties list 

1 minute ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Runner beans can absolutely do one though eh. It's all everyone ever grows in their allotments. Oh the runner beans are ready do you want a whole carrier bag full? Nope.

Agreed. It's the one thing I don't grow on mine simply because we get given so many.

Just now, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Runner beans can absolutely do one though eh. It's all everyone ever grows in their allotments. Oh the runner beans are ready do you want a whole carrier bag full? Nope.

That's so funny and true... the other is courgettes .  I grow Savoy cabbages and  broad beans but I like to grow more fruit so raspberries , figs and blueberries 

Greenhouse has herbs like parsley , cut and come again lettuce for my house tortoise  , basil, coriander and  celery , chillies and peppers . out in the beds are rosemary, thyme and mint . I grow what we use 

4 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Voting based on environmental policies is one of the biggest indicators of middle-class privilege there is. Obviously there are anomalies but not many.

I call bollocks.

I vote based on principle.  If this makes me richer or poorer I don't care. 

Your assertion implies that people should vote on what makes them better off.

I cannot think of anything more despicable and selfish.

2 minutes ago, Teddington said:

I call bollocks.

I agree but unfortunately I don't think that's how the majority see politics. That's why parties are constantly trying to shoehorn people into weird groups like 'just about managing' & you get all this 'how must will lose' rubbish every time there's a budget. 

21 minutes ago, Teddington said:

I call bollocks.

I said nothing about whether they should. But the vast majority of people at the very bottom of the ladder are obviously going to prioritise making their immediate short-term lives a little less hell-ish. And can you blame them? 

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Corbyn is a millionaire? 

While that tweet is a load of shit, Corbyn almost certainly is a millionaire. He has a house in Islington doesn't he? Plus has been earning a very good wage for a long time on top and was from a reasonably well off family.

Not that any of that matters, Tony Benn was from the aristocracy, but Corbyn is almost certainly a millionaire.