Are Tories welcome at Glastonbury

Apone

4 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Didn't need the help but thanks for the condescension anyway.

Reckon that fits Boris? Show, maybe... He's been putting forward an image his whole political career, call me cynical but I don't think that image is who he is. By all means we can say he looks stupid, doesn't mean he is. Whatever good judgment is and what's considered sensible is going to vary from person to person. Boris certainly has good enough judgment in what's good for Boris. 

No worries and thanks for trying to misconsrue what I was saying ?

6 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

How did I try to misconstrue you calling him a moron? I explained why I don't think he is, you asked me if I knew what a moron is... Do you think he's a moron?

You said I was making excuses for him.

Yes I do think he is a moron based on the definition of what a moron is

2 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

You said I was making excuses for him.

Yes I do think he is a moron based on the definition of what a moron is

I did because I think it's important to recognise a difference between accidental stupidity and deliberate cruelty and anything else inbetween. The lad's Eton and Oxford educated, he's been in some very powerful positions, he's put his foot in it and lied more times than I care to remember and he knows he can get away with it. If that's stupid, what does that say about the rest of us?!

32 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

I did because I think it's important to recognise a difference between accidental stupidity and deliberate cruelty and anything else inbetween. The lad's Eton and Oxford educated, he's been in some very powerful positions, he's put his foot in it and lied more times than I care to remember and he knows he can get away with it. If that's stupid, what does that say about the rest of us?!

Go back and read the comments I have made regarding Bojo and if you think any of them are endorsing him then I suggest read them again,usually I don't complement people by comparing them to shit flinging monkeys or car crashes. I agree that he's not stupid(by your definition) in an intelligent sense but in a real world/common sense way he certainly is.

Go back and read the comments I have made regarding Bojo and if you think any of them are endorsing him then I suggest read them again,usually I don't complement people by comparing them to shit flinging monkeys or car crashes. I agree that he's not stupid(by your definition) in an intelligent sense but in a real world/common sense way he certainly is.

Oh no I totally agree about the shit flinging monkey and car crash comments you made. I didn't say you were complimenting or endorsing him either. I said in my first response to you that I don't think he's a moron and I think calling him that, or anyone for that matter, makes excuses for their behaviour. If he's a moron he's stupid, whatever synonym we use it points towards him not knowing any better. Each to their own and all that but I suspect it's more a case of not caring than not knowing. I just can't bring myself to believe for a second that anyone can vote for a reduction in spending on welfare and not know that it's likely to lead to claims being rejected or sanctioned resulting in people facing severe enough financial difficulties to the point that they'll become homeless or starve to death, as has been happening. Surely nobody's that stupid and if it's not stupid, what is it?  Anyway, had a bit of a browse of his voting record, lot in there that you just knew anyway, he's voted against equality and higher disability benefits and climate change prevention measures while voting in favour of further union regulation and corporation tax cuts. Couple of surprises in there though, he voted for both the Iraq War and an investigation into it and he voted against tuition fees. Aye, I think the lad's generally a nasty and dangerous piece of work but I don't have to disagree with him every time any more than anyone who likes him has to agree with him everyt time.

He's from a very different world to me, I don't know anything about you but odds are it's the same for you eh? Not seen much to suggest that he gives many shits about our world, to be honest. We're probably shit at stuff we don't give a shit about too, but that doesn't make us stupid. 

5 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Oh no I totally agree about the shit flinging monkey and car crash comments you made. I didn't say you were complimenting or endorsing him either. I said in my first response to you that I don't think he's a moron and I think calling him that, or anyone for that matter, makes excuses for their behaviour. If he's a moron he's stupid, whatever synonym we use it points towards him not knowing any better. Each to their own and all that but I suspect it's more a case of not caring than not knowing. I just can't bring myself to believe for a second that anyone can vote for a reduction in spending on welfare and not know that it's likely to lead to claims being rejected or sanctioned resulting in people facing severe enough financial difficulties to the point that they'll become homeless or starve to death, as has been happening. Surely nobody's that stupid and if it's not stupid, what is it?  Anyway, had a bit of a browse of his voting record, lot in there that you just knew anyway, he's voted against equality and higher disability benefits and climate change prevention measures while voting in favour of further union regulation and corporation tax cuts. Couple of surprises in there though, he voted for both the Iraq War and an investigation into it and he voted against tuition fees. Aye, I think the lad's generally a nasty and dangerous piece of work but I don't have to disagree with him every time any more than anyone who likes him has to agree with him everyt time.

He's from a very different world to me, I don't know anything about you but odds are it's the same for you eh? Not seen much to suggest that he gives many shits about our world, to be honest. We're probably shit at stuff we don't give a shit about too, but that doesn't make us stupid. 

Oh yeah totally agree in regards to different worlds,I'm minimum wage worker struggling to make ends meet and proud to be thick as shit and don't pretend otherwise?(my kids like me so I'm happy with that) 

Also I have no political alignment(frankly I think all parties are made up of a majority of out of touch buffoons) 

As a side note I do think that the benefits system on the whole should be looked at and clamped down on,however I don't agree with his views regarding it. 

19 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Just outta interest,did you get ticket?

12 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Oh yeah totally agree in regards to different worlds,I'm minimum wage worker struggling to make ends meet and proud to be thick as shit and don't pretend otherwise?(my kids like me so I'm happy with that) 

Also I have no political alignment(frankly I think all parties are made up of a majority of out of touch buffoons) 

As a side note I do think that the benefits system on the whole should be looked at and clamped down on,however I don't agree with his views regarding it. 

Felt quite disillusioned and angry politically for quite a while, weird combo. Don't feel represented really, used to resent voting for what I thought was the lesser of two evils but sod it, if someone makes me feel represented nearly half the time it's better than nowt. In theory, cos practice can be very different eh?

Welfare is an awkward topic, some do take the piss but too many people who are entitled to benefits are being refused them. There's nowt universal about people's need for Universal Credit, eh.

7 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Just outta interest,did you get ticket?

Aye, I did. Number 8 for me. You?

4 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Felt quite disillusioned and angry politically for quite a while, weird combo. Don't feel represented really, used to resent voting for what I thought was the lesser of two evils but sod it, if someone makes me feel represented nearly half the time it's better than nowt. In theory, cos practice can be very different eh?

Welfare is an awkward topic, some do take the piss but too many people who are entitled to benefits are being refused them. There's nowt universal about people's need for Universal Credit, eh.

Aye, I did. Number 8 for me. You?

Yeah I think welfare is probably best left alone or certainly more sensible then myself,I do think there is a lot of piss takers but that's a different story.

And yes I did sir,about my 30th and can't even remember? well I'm more then happy to buy you cider in June

2 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

You honestly think there is more scope for clamping down on benefits...? Like where?

edit: sorry just read reply above. I agree - let’s leave welfare alone for a bit eh?!

Edited by Blisterpack

28 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

You honestly think there is more scope for clamping down on benefits...? Like where?

edit: sorry just read reply above. I agree - let’s leave welfare alone for a bit eh?!

I mean in regards to the way the system is abused by some people but I think that should be left for another day

I mean in regards to the way the system is abused by some people but I think that should be left for another day

Govt’s own estimate is that the benefits bill contains about 5% fraud and error provision. The cash value has been estimated at about the equivalent of the 50 worst tax avoiders in the UK (individuals, not companies). There are about 40x more people employed in investigating benefit fraud than there are for tax fraud. So yes, one for another day. The day after they take tax cheating seriously I would suggest. 

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Woffy said:

I didn’t express any sort of opinion in my post whatsoever. 

I just asked a question (you haven’t answered. Which is up to you).

None of the examples of whatever your point is above are illegal though are they? Is your definition of an abuse of democracy different to the law’s?

I did answer, you've just chosen not to listen, and while you're clearly cool with the govt at the time legally squandering 10 mil on a failed leaflet campaign, presume you're also cool on equally legal tax avoidance, or are you just selective on the things which are morally questionable but totally legal 

Oh and BTW, if you are going respond to something I write, expect a result which you may not agree with. Thats generally how it works, if you're troubled by that concept I suggest the Twitter echo chamber

Edited by Apone

42 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

Govt’s own estimate is that the benefits bill contains about 5% fraud and error provision. The cash value has been estimated at about the equivalent of the 50 worst tax avoiders in the UK (individuals, not companies). There are about 40x more people employed in investigating benefit fraud than there are for tax fraud. So yes, one for another day. The day after they take tax cheating seriously I would suggest. 

So what about the people(we all know at least one) who are completely able to work yet choose not to? Or the guys who do cash in hand and still sign on? Sorry but you can't deny that some folks take the p out of the system. Don't get me wrong tax avoiders are just as bad but really their is no difference,they are both playing the system so I don't think you can say one is worse then the other

Edited by glastolover19

15 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

So what about the people(we all know at least one) who are completely able to work yet choose not to? Or the guys who do cash in hand and still sign on? Sorry but you can't deny that some folks take the p out of the system

Don’t deny it at all. As I say, about 5% of all claims are fraudulent or paid in error. Yes, we all know them. I just wish the general public, especially the working class who the tories always encourage to turn on their own (divide and rule) would voice their disapproval of tax fraud and avoidance - which costs us so much more - a little louder. 

And actually, no, I don’t know anyone who could work and chooses not to. Seriously, they are very rare. 

Edited by Blisterpack

9 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

So what about the people(we all know at least one) 

Nope? I have been to the job centre every week for six months and regularly seen people in floods of tears about how this government’s various ‘welfare reforms’ have left them destitute, though, if that counts 

Just now, Blisterpack said:

Don’t deny it at all. As I say, about 5% of all claims are fraudulent or paid in error. Yes, we all know them. I just wish the general public, especially the working class who the tories always encourage to turn on their own (divide and rule) would voice their disapproval of tax fraud and avoidance - which costs us so much more - a little louder. 

I highly dispute the 5%, yes it maybe 5% that they know of. As far as I'm concerned both benefits/tax abuse are as bad as the other,it's still depriving the public purse. It don't matter if you Nick 5 sweets or 10 sweets it's still stealing

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Nope? I have been to the job centre every week for six months and regularly seen people in floods of tears about how this government’s various ‘welfare reforms’ have left them destitute, though, if that counts 

That's weird cos I could name at least 10 people right now that claim benefits and actually get more pa then I do and I work full time.

1 minute ago, glastolover19 said:

I highly dispute the 5%, yes it maybe 5% that they know of. As far as I'm concerned both benefits/tax abuse are as bad as the other,it's still depriving the public purse. It don't matter if you Nick 5 sweets or 10 sweets it's still stealing

I agree. But to extend the analogy, they have the Met looking for the five sweets and heartbeat looking for the 10....

25 minutes ago, Apone said:

I did answer, you've just chosen not to listen, and while you're clearly cool with the govt at the time legally squandering 10 mil on a failed leaflet campaign, presume you're also cool on equally legal tax avoidance, or are you just selective on the things which are morally questionable but totally legal 

Oh and BTW, if you are going respond to something I write, expect a result which you may not agree with. Thats generally how it works, if you're troubled by that concept I suggest the Twitter echo chamber

You still haven’t answered my question. 

I haven’t stated what I’m ‘cool’ or not cool with. As you said yourself, you’ve presumed. And kinda put words into my mouth  

I just asked a simple question which you’ve not answered, other than expressing some eggyness I certainly haven’t provoked, but which I’m completely fine with.

Just now, Blisterpack said:

I agree. But to extend the analogy, they have the Met looking for the five sweets and heartbeat looking for the 10....

Whatever way it's looked at its both bad,I think we can agree on that. I do however think that anyone who choose to spend they life on benefits are absolute scum

48 minutes ago, Woffy said:

You still haven’t answered my question. 

I haven’t stated what I’m ‘cool’ or not cool with. As you said yourself, you’ve presumed. And kinda put words into my mouth  

I just asked a simple question which you’ve not answered, other than expressing some eggyness I certainly haven’t provoked, but which I’m completely fine with.

Then suggest you read, then re-read till you get it, you're wasting my time