Are Tories welcome at Glastonbury

Apone

13 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

In my opinion Labour will vote for the temporary CU albeit with a lot of complaing to undermine the competence of the govt and then push headlong for a vote of no confidence and GE which they might just get and might just win. After which they will attempt to make the CU permanent.

Boris and co will be left as the ineffective cartoon chatacters that they deserve to be.

May will retire to a life of after  dinner speaches and some hope of being well regarded in the history books (more than she currently has and that is what matters).

It's gamble, nothing is certain, but that's politics (or is it egos).

Only time will tell. But at least we don't have to wait long :-).

I already called cage dancer?

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

In my opinion Labour will vote for the temporary CU albeit with a lot of complaing to undermine the competence of the govt and then push headlong for a vote of no confidence and GE which they might just get and might just win. After which they will attempt to make the CU permanent.

Boris and co will be left as the ineffective cartoon chatacters that they deserve to be.

May will retire to a life of after  dinner speaches and some hope of being well regarded in the history books (more than she currently has and that is what matters).

It's gamble, nothing is certain, but that's politics (or is it egos).

Only time will tell. But at least we don't have to wait long :-).

And what if Labour are successful at fatally undermining May but fail to get a General Election? Which is highly likely since turkey Tory MPs aren’t going to vote for Christmas. Boris Johnson in No 10?? I’ll pass.

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

And what if Labour are successful at fatally undermining May but fail to get a General Election? Which is highly likely since turkey Tory MPs aren’t going to vote for Christmas. Boris Johnson in No 10?? I’ll pass.

I suspect enough Tories will abstain to enable a vote of no confidence to succeed. Some politicians do play to their beliefs putting the long term principles of their party above the short term power grab.

I can't see Boris as PM happening for so many reasons.

If it wasn’t for the fact it’d involve him running the country I’d be quite happy to see Boris achieve his dream of being PM for a couple of years, just so that he could miserably fail at that like he does everything else and then fuck off.

Although having said that, given he still has a political career despite the ghastly mess he made of the Foreign Office brief, he’d probably be rewarded for being a crap PM by being made King or something.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If it wasn’t for the fact it’d involve him running the country I’d be quite happy to see Boris achieve his dream of being PM for a couple of years, just so that he could miserably fail at that like he does everything else and then fuck off.

Although having said that, given he still has a political career despite the ghastly mess he made of the Foreign Office brief, he’d probably be rewarded for being a crap PM by being made King or something.

I like Boris but that only because he's such a buffoon no other reason. To me having him as pm is like owning a monkey,yeah it'll be laugh for a little bit but eventually your just gonna end up with a house covered in shit

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

I like Boris but that only because he's such a buffoon no other reason. To me having him as pm is like owning a monkey,yeah it'll be laugh for a little bit but eventually your just gonna end up with a house covered in shit

Eddie Maier covered quite a lot on what a nasty piece of work he is...

• Upvote 1

Yeah he’s not funny, he’s a horrible prick who seemingly spent time at school learning Latin but not about the concepts of ‘loyalty’, ‘principles’ or ‘respect’. It’s been almost a year now since his remarks endangered the life of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and he’s still yet to properly apologise beyond the typical coward’s way out of ‘I’m sorry if I’ve caused you any distress’ blah blah blah. Ghastly little man who rather neatly sums up everything wrong with this decade of British politics.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yeah he’s not funny, he’s a horrible prick who seemingly spent time at school learning Latin but not about the concepts of ‘loyalty’, ‘principles’ or ‘respect’. It’s been almost a year now since his remarks endangered the life of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and he’s still yet to properly apologise beyond the typical coward’s way out of ‘I’m sorry if I’ve caused you any distress’ blah blah blah. Ghastly little man who rather neatly sums up everything wrong with this decade of British politics.

Chill I was only joking

7 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

I think that's a carefully cultivated image, he's a sinister man hiding behind a charade. Apparently he takes time to mess his hair up before public appearances and bloody hell the other week when he came out to the press outside his house with a load of cups of tea in mismatched mugs.. bloody hell, I can't even remember why he was there! I remember the charade, but without goggling I can't remember what the hell he'd done or said that time cos he's done and said so much crap that it all merges together. The act works.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

I think that's a carefully cultivated image, he's a sinister man hiding behind a charade. Apparently he takes time to mess his hair up before public appearances and bloody hell the other week when he came out to the press outside his house with a load of cups of tea in mismatched mugs.. bloody hell, I can't even remember why he was there! I remember the charade, but without goggling I can't remember what the hell he'd done or said that time cos he's done and said so much crap that it all merges together. The act works.

Totally agree he is a massive moron and to a degree I think it's an act. I do think he actually owns those cups but are kept especially for the "plebs". I find watching him quite similar to rubbernecking,you know you shouldn't look but you just can't help yourself.

5 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Totally agree he is a massive moron and to a degree I think it's an act. I do think he actually owns those cups but are kept especially for the "plebs". I find watching him quite similar to rubbernecking,you know you shouldn't look but you just can't help yourself.

I wouldn't even call him a moron, to be honest. Greedy, prejudiced, calculating,  opportunistic, self-obsessed, disloyal - yes. He's not stupid. Some might think it's pedantic but sometimes language winds me up. Politicians often get accused of misleading and misrepresenting, they'll occasionally admit to mis-speaking and they're just ways of making lies sound like accidents. Call someone a moron, you're giving them an excuse.

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Thankfully, as of this week, even the majority of Leave voters are seeing through his persona. He’s done. 

1EC33F91-E672-4D5B-9D5E-93FDDF666747.jpeg

I'm surprised he lasted this long- really thought he would be exposed when after winning the referendum he suddenly (along with all other leavers) pulled out of his leadership bid. They all knew it would be a poisoned chalice, so they all took a step back so someone else could take the hit actually implementing it, then they could reappear to claim brexit 'had been betrayed', thus avoiding any responsibility. Absolute jokers .

18 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

I wouldn't even call him a moron, to be honest. Greedy, prejudiced, calculating,  opportunistic, self-obsessed, disloyal - yes. He's not stupid. Some might think it's pedantic but sometimes language winds me up. Politicians often get accused of misleading and misrepresenting, they'll occasionally admit to mis-speaking and they're just ways of making lies sound like accidents. Call someone a moron, you're giving them an excuse.

Ummm ok. Quick question,do you know what moron actually means? (Without Googling it) because I can't see why you think I'm making excuses for him?

1 minute ago, glastolover19 said:

I will help you out.

This is according to the Collins dictionary,feel free to check

1. adjective

If you say that someone or something is stupid, you mean that they show a lack of good judgment or intelligence and they are not at all sensible

Didn't need the help but thanks for the condescension anyway.

Reckon that fits Boris? Show, maybe... He's been putting forward an image his whole political career, call me cynical but I don't think that image is who he is. By all means we can say he looks stupid, doesn't mean he is. Whatever good judgment is and what's considered sensible is going to vary from person to person. Boris certainly has good enough judgment in what's good for Boris.