Did anyone gain entry without their own ticket?

adamg1602

On 7/9/2017 at 7:31 PM, Michaels denim shorts said:

I think that's a bit of an urban legend that, wasn't there supposedly a concrete tunnel that was sealed up only a few years ago, I'm sure I've read about it here 

Pretty sure the concrete tunnel one is true- as unbelievable as it may sound.
The first few times I went I bumped into someone I know who had no wristband and claimed to have bought instructions on how to get in via a tunnel from eBay. Never heard it mentioned before now but I'm inclined to trust him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went down with my wife and we were in CVE. My other mates all had tickets as well for general admission.

A bloke known to one of my mates ( I don't know the guy personally) reputedly paid someone £800 to get them in. No wristband I assume a trader in back of a van or something. He got in but lasted LESS THAN A DAY before being turfed out by security for having no wristband. I don't know he actually paid that much but I have seen a copy of the written ejection notice that he was issued with so I know at least part of the tale is true.

As an aside my wife nearly didn't get let in on he Sunday. the photo on her ticket is a few years old and has done quite a few Glastonbury's. However, she had dark hair on the photo and she has subsequently died it grey/blonde. It was fine until Sunday when a girl on the gate challenged it and asked for additional ID. My wife didn't have any the girl just took another look and said "its the last day anyway". My wife said " I don't give a shit I'm going in anyway my favourite band Skinny Lister is on today and no way I am missing it!"

New photo for 2019 I suspect!

Edited by Popsider75

On 10/07/2017 at 8:28 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think it just shows how few the amount of people who cancel between paying the balance and the refund deadline (which is just two weeks later) is. For all we know in previous secret resales there could've been as few as 50-100 tickets anyway. I'm sure being a fallow year next year also meant the amount of people paying the balance then asking for a refund was even smaller than normal. It could've been as little as <50 tickets which just didn't warrant a sale.

Could also be that more people applied for friends and family tickets. That sale happens between resale and secret resale. Not sure there's a specific allocation for it.

On 15/07/2017 at 10:27 AM, GlastoEls said:

I just remember thinking that half of England had shown up on the Saturday.  Every bit of field covered in tents... literally in the gaps between my friends' tents and I. 

I seem to remember moving from Other Stage to Pyramid could take 45 mins.

Everywhere was rammed !