Did anyone gain entry without their own ticket?

adamg1602

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how much of his story I believe, but I have a mate who says he turned up at site and met up with the Arcadia crew outside and essentially just wandered in with them and pitched his tent in the "crew camping" for Arcadia - and had a cracking weekend.

He is very well travelled and connected, so he probably does know someone in the Arcadia crew though, but he didn't say for sure.

We had 1 runner on my shifts at CVE which was at about 3.30am on the Thursday. He came in with people who had tickets and as I was wristbanding he just ran straight through the wide access gate and never got caught. He only had shorts and t shirt and trainers on as was away into the night before anyone had sussed what had happened!

Saw someone at Gate A Wednesday morning around 8am, he must have had a fake ticket or was trying with someone else's or something. Basically the person checking the ticket looked at him, he bottled it and started running, it took the ticket checker a few seconds to realise what was going on (so was obviously not even suspicious at that point), She started shouting, added security came running and she described the guy for them to chase as having a "black t-shirt on with a cap". I'm confident the guy got in.

I got me and my 3 year old daughter on the Sunday as some mates who were crew were leaving. She had a great time!

Popping in for just 6 hours kind of made it feel like it's always there and you can just dip into it when you want.

9 hours ago, Jackmypie said:

I get in free every year pretty much. I always try for a ticket though so it's 100% guaranteed. 

It's who you know not what you know!

I think a few people in 2019's "the unsuccessful" thread will suddenly become your new best mates (not dissing the unsuccessful by the way - I've been there myself!)

Back in 2009, I obtained an AAA Pyramid guest ticket with no photo on it (long story). An opportunity pretty much nobody would turn down!

Only problem was, the ticket had a female name on it, and I am a male with proper Supergrass-style sideburns. So, I popped to the local charity shop, got myself a dress, some fake boobs and a wig from the joke shop, some makeup from Superdrug and borrowed some clip-on earrings. And for the first time in 20 years, my beloved sideburns got the chop.

Got in with no questions asked, and had the most amazing Glasto, watching all the bands on the Pyramid viewing platform. Even queued up for coffee in Pyramid catering behind Tony Christie. Job done!

Edited by Troop Dogg

33 minutes ago, Troop Dogg said:

Back in 2009, I obtained an AAA Pyramid guest ticket with no photo on it (long story). An opportunity pretty much nobody would turn down!

Only problem was, the ticket had a female name on it, and I am a male with proper Supergrass-style sideburns. So, I popped to the local charity shop, got myself a dress, some fake boobs and a wig from the joke shop, some makeup from Superdrug and borrowed some clip-on earrings. And for the first time in 20 years, my beloved sideburns got the chop.

Got in with no questions asked, and had the most amazing Glasto, watching all the bands on the Pyramid viewing platform. Even queued up for coffee in Pyramid catering behind Tony Christie. Job done!

Have you changed back yet?

19 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars said:

Has anyone got any photos of the breached fence from back in the day? I've heard of large sections of the fence coming down in 2000 and people literally walking in, I'm intrigued to see it!

No photos, but that's totally true.  Up by the stone circle, quite a lot was down.  I had a mate that year who got lost and accidentally ended up outside the site and had to pay £15 to someone to get back in!

That year I more or less sauntered through.  There was someone in a hi-vis on a horse looking right at us, but we were seemingly too far away (we weren't very far away) to be bothered with, or there were just too many of us.  Very strange to imagine now.

Shame there's no photos of the 2000 fence at the Stone circle. Fence came down. Security put it back up and buggered off. Fence came down again but this time you could see the fence panels being carried off for miles in different directions. Fair play to those guys. 

I've said it before but 2000 really was the craziest Glastonbury ever. I bumped into so many mates from all over the country who had no intention of going but the hole in the fence, the great weather and the uptake of mobile phones brought them all there. Quite a few got their cars towed away though, for being abandoned on the roads, so not entirely the 'cheap' weekend they were expecting.

5 hours ago, LetsGoToMars said:

Has anyone got any photos of the breached fence from back in the day? I've heard of large sections of the fence coming down in 2000 and people literally walking in, I'm intrigued to see it!

In the Glastonbury man & showdown at Glastonbury videos there's various footage of people coming over fences. & interview with michael talking about taking the fence down to let everyone in 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

4 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

Shame there's no photos of the 2000 fence at the Stone circle. Fence came down. Security put it back up and buggered off. Fence came down again but this time you could see the fence panels being carried off for miles in different directions. Fair play to those guys. 

I've said it before but 2000 really was the craziest Glastonbury ever. I bumped into so many mates from all over the country who had no intention of going but the hole in the fence, the great weather and the uptake of mobile phones brought them all there. Quite a few got their cars towed away though, for being abandoned on the roads, so not entirely the 'cheap' weekend they were expecting.

Loads of people camped near us had had their fuel tanks drained in the car parks in 2000

15 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Loads of people camped near us had had their fuel tanks drained in the car parks in 2000

I vividly remember that one of the years with the Happy Mondays there was a lot more mischief, by my recollection when they were introduced by a geezer saying "Happy Mondays in the area".  That may have been then. 

15 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Oh don't get me wrong, there was a lot of crime and skullduggery going on that year. My mates, who had tickets and this was there first Glastonbury, had their entire tent and contents stolen. But they took it on the chin, partied hard and shared our tents.

21 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

I just remember thinking that half of England had shown up on the Saturday.  Every bit of field covered in tents... literally in the gaps between my friends' tents and I.