Did anyone gain entry without their own ticket?

adamg1602

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting at at gate B for a couple of mates to turn up around midday(ish) on thursday and some dude flew through the gates with about 3 security chasing him shouting 'runner!!

Never saw him return :unsure:

My friends lost their tickets on the way to Glastonbury (long silly story), the ticket office told them to ring SeeTickets and they basically said their f*cked, luckily a kind security guard took pity on them and took them through wristbanding and allowed them in unwristbanded saying he'd deny ever doing it if they got caught. One of my friends has about 20 wristbands so just covered their wrists with those... Needless to say they were very very lucky!

39 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

I was waiting at at gate B for a couple of mates to turn up around midday(ish) on thursday and some dude flew through the gates with about 3 security chasing him shouting 'runner!!

Never saw him return :unsure:

I do love the runners.

I also know of a few people who got in without tickets.

My friend nearly didn't get in on her own ticket. Was told the photo didn't match, ended up at the office thing, was asked when she first came to the festival, gave the them the correct answer which they said was wrong, and that she'd gone a year earlier (had got tickets in the first sale but then couldn't go and got a refund). Got to the point of being asked to leave and ended up showing her social media account on her phone to prove it...

28 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

My friend nearly didn't get in on her own ticket. Was told the photo didn't match, ended up at the office thing, was asked when she first came to the festival, gave the them the correct answer which they said was wrong, and that she'd gone a year earlier (had got tickets in the first sale but then couldn't go and got a refund). Got to the point of being asked to leave and ended up showing her social media account on her phone to prove it...

Wow, what dickheads. That must have been super stressful when she didn't have her perfectly feasible story believed.

Edited by Odessa

55 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

They'd presumably only have the history of the reg number to hand... so if you re-reg'd as many had to last year...

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

I argued for 15 mins on entrance with a girl who didn't believe i was the person on my ticket. My gf had to show a pic on her phone of my drivers license. Even then she called over four other people to discuss if they thought i was me. I understand the increased security but fuck me i felt offended. 

Found it wasnt hard to get an extra pass out this year, a friend had originally turned up at the site preparing to jump the wall with a 12ft telescopic ladder (he's a rock climber so the overhang is easily manageable) but when he realised that security set up every 50m around the site wasn't a joke we had to try getting him another way.

Luckily our friend who had a ticket looked similar to him as we were able to take off a wristband and slip him a ticket, wristband, pass out and ID incase he was stopped and he strolled straight through the gate on Friday 

I went ticketless this year. Lack of a wristband was a little sketchy for about half an hour but we soon settled down. We camped right next to a watchtower and spoke to stewards frequently and no one ever said anything. I did have a wrist full of old bands and colourful bracelets including a couple of bright green ones that we bought as soon as we arrived. so I wasn't the easiest to spot.

would I do it again? If the ticket gods are dicks again, then yeah,  but il always try for tickets first 

Saw a guy just walk through this year and it took the stewards a couple of seconds to realise what had just gone on, so presumably enough time for him to change that walk in to a sprint and disappear in to the crowd. Would never have the balls to do this myself but got the utmost respect for those who turn up ticketless and their Plan A is just 'walk'.

Friend of mine got in via an artist liason type person. Met him outside Gate C. Gave him £150 Put a wristband on him loosely and then walked him in. Took the wristband off again and then the artist liason guy went out again to do it all over again.

He must have made a bit of cash over he weekend.

Edited by admscott

5 minutes ago, admscott said:

Friend of mine got in via an artist liason type person. Met him outside Gate C. Gave him £150 Put a wristband on him loosely and then walked him in. Took the wristband off again and then the artist liason guy went out again to do it all over again.

I wish I could meet someone like this. For insurance purposes...

11 minutes ago, admscott said:

This is largely how I did it, except it was a mate of a mate with 2 spare bands he'd borrowed off his crew mates & it was £100, he was anything but a professional doing it all day though, he gave us the bands and then went to his car to grab something leaving us waiting for 20 mins or so with his bands. then came back and strolled us through with no questions 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Saw a guy just walk through this year and it took the stewards a couple of seconds to realise what had just gone on, so presumably enough time for him to change that walk in to a sprint and disappear in to the crowd. Would never have the balls to do this myself but got the utmost respect for those who turn up ticketless and their Plan A is just 'walk'.

I think it's more doable than people realise. When I was going through gate a on Wednesday morning there were 2 empty lanes right beside where I went through, I'm guessing they were for exiting, no security no stewards nothing. If you were quick it looked to me like it would definitely be worth a try. 

1 hour ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I went ticketless this year. Lack of a wristband was a little sketchy for about half an hour but we soon settled down. We camped right next to a watchtower and spoke to stewards frequently and no one ever said anything. I did have a wrist full of old bands and colourful bracelets including a couple of bright green ones that we bought as soon as we arrived. so I wasn't the easiest to spot.

would I do it again? If the ticket gods are dicks again, then yeah,  but il always try for tickets first 

Happy to hear this, the lack of secret resale was very disappointing, so glad you got there anyway. 

Charm x