Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

8 hours ago, gregory said:

(Un)official eFests meetup w/ @alan_ts where we discussed how good the beer was and how good Sumski were. 

3B830C6F-0BD0-494B-AF5A-92D3BC0FEA80.thumb.jpeg.a087a44876e5edcc221a79f6e13fcad1.jpeg

Putting down my tent at 6am in the rainstorm was a shitty end to an otherwise good weekend. 

It's been a real pleasure @gregory

anyway, highlights of the festival were Nick Cave, Qotsa and Portugal The Man (surprise).

Very good also St Vincent, Suoerorganism and The Kills

Interpol were more static than the rocks in Tesla Tower and can't see why they didn't play Obstacle1.

Šumski legends, when I arrived in Balkan Stage it seemed very crowded but very soon I understood it was empty, probably I saw the stage with my eyes full of love.

Regular beer (they called it a session ipa but i have some doubt wasn't worse than every piss pils that is usually sold at festivals; American Pale Ale was ok, English Ipa poison.

Food was the worst thing imo but after few beers it's ok even a gyros full of sauce.

Overall great, I'll probably go again.

• Upvote 1

Another solid InMusic. Some pretty good shows; David Byrne, Alice In Chains, Cave... Cheap ticket price, dont think you can see this line up for 50 euro anywhere. Problem, as always with this fest, is lack of stages, diversity of acts, for example if you dont like QOTSA, and want to go somewhere else, well there is nowhere to go cause NOTHING is happening at the festival except for that show.

Food is horrible, by far the worst festival food anywhere in the world. Just amazingly horrible food. Drinks were cool, beer was solid.

Would probably come back, too cheap to miss.

• Upvote 1

Experience of the weekend - driving in a line 32 with 9 times more people than there should be. QOTSA were great but a bit short, 80 minutes at most I think. Finally heard Nick Cave doing Loverman :D I'm sad about missing Šumski now after seeing you all

I should've warn you about food. Next time if you see Croatian people eating it then go for it, if you don't don't eat. They know if it's good or not :D 

• Upvote 1

Will wait til the line up starts to be confirmed/announced before booking next year. The beer and food was much worse this year compared to last year so it would need to be a great line up (or a good line up with better beer choices!) to tempt me back! 

Wasn't on the Islands too Long. Only for David Byrne, QOTSA, Nick Cave, Portugal The Man, Interpol and General Elektriks. 

I liked that it wasn't overcrowded and the sound was quite good too. Busses doing the round trip around the lake were good. No waiting times for me there. 

I usually go to bigger Festivals (Werchter, Sziget or Mad Cool this year) so some things seemed quite bad organized for me. The way to the exit after the headliner is something they don't have an influence on but the toilet Situation is a joke for me. 3 stations of toilets wasn't enough ending up with people pissing everywhere. First I thought it's not nice but after a few beers I joined in of course. Just don't wanna think about what to do if you need to have an urgent shit (what doesn't seem very unlikely considering how bad the food seemed to be). 

Also the beer was disgusting. 

Might sound worse than it was. I had a good time but didn't do the classic Festival thing with being on the Island for a long time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gregory said:

That long opposite row of toilets near the main stage with 2 lines of people (one at each end) always had about 10 vacant toilets in the middle. I just walked past everyone to a free one. Idiotic layout. 

As far as I could see inmusic had the largest natural toilet of any festival....im NEVER swimming in that lake!

• Upvote 1

Oh common, you should tell us about eFest meetup before, i would join ?

Otherwise, solid festival edition but last year was better IMO. I haven't been to Nick Cave before and i didn't know what to expect but my god this guy is a genius! I also liked QOTSA a lot + David Byrne, St Vincent, Portugal The Man and Superorganism (they were funny). Too bad Frank Carted didn't make it, i was looking forward. I heard Pins were also good but i haven't been on island yet.

And yeah, i was also at Sumski show ?just around 2 or 3 songs, at that time it was quite crowded. Alan, were they and good? (i also agree with you about Interpol, people were leaving while they were on stage and there were less people in front of stage than at Alice in chains concert)

The negative side was the organization, i don't know what are they doing but in 2016 when i went to Jarun for first time it was much better. I'm talking about too long lines to get to the toilet, food, drinks.. also i see people complaining about some safe bicycle space where people could leave bikes but nothing was arranged, and i don't even wanna start talking about rude security guards at entrance...

Like Andrej said, too cheap to miss so i already bought a ticket and reserved an apartment, after all i'm really having a good time there every fuc** time ?

Now open the 2019 debate so we can tell the organizers what artist to book

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, activean said:

Oh common, you should tell us about eFest meetup before, i would join ?

Otherwise, solid festival edition but last year was better IMO. I haven't been to Nick Cave before and i didn't know what to expect but my god this guy is a genius! I also liked QOTSA a lot + David Byrne, St Vincent, Portugal The Man and Superorganism (they were funny). Too bad Frank Carted didn't make it, i was looking forward. I heard Pins were also good but i haven't been on island yet.

And yeah, i was also at Sumski show ?just around 2 or 3 songs, at that time it was quite crowded. Alan, were they and good? (i also agree with you about Interpol, people were leaving while they were on stage and there were less people in front of stage than at Alice in chains concert)

Sumski it' Sumski, legendary.

Regarding the concert, yesterday I've seen the streaming of Qotsa at Rw and the atmosphere and the setlist were 100times better than Inmusic...but at least at InMusic they played in the dark and Josh wasn't so drunk (I think) like yesterday :)