Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

I really like to discover new bands at festivals but an announcement once a week for this is too much for me.

I'm embittered, from now I'll follow only football, I ended up with festivals.

FB_IMG_1525428750277.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, giacomo said:

does anyone know when the schedule will be out? 

I'm not happy either for these announcements, but i'll go just to see QOTSA, Nick Cave, St.Vincent and a few others, for that price is a more than nice line-up i think

End of May Imo.

I'd be happy too with the half of the names on the poster but as a festival goer I like to dream more and more ;)

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1

Do y'all think that as there are 'six headliners' they'll all play 90 mins like Alt J and KOL last year? Would be great if so. The 'long' David Byrne set-list is so much better than the short set-list on this tour.

EDIT: Just looked at last year and all acts before the headliner played 90 mins so guess it'll be the same this year. Hope QOTSA get more than 90 mins though, their 12 song 'singles' sets are shit compared to the 18 song 'deep cut' sets

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

QOTSA is doing 18 songs in 90 minutes :D Don't worry. 12 song set is 60 minutes long

I'm hoping for 2 hours tho

Yeah, they're down for 1h45 at Rock Werchter and not even headlining, so fingers crossed. Has anyone played more than 90 mins at INmusic?

Just now, gregory said:

Yeah, they're down for 1h45 at Rock Werchter and not even headlining, so fingers crossed. Has anyone played more than 90 mins at INmusic?

Šumski 8h set all night long.

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Nick Cave the last time he played 10 years ago :D Nobody in recent years but bands that headlined play at their shows for 90 minutes too so I don't think we can conclude something from that

We'll see in a few weeks 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, gregory said:

Croatia's favourite pop rock band Jinx are the final addition to the glorious INmusic #13 lineup!

Disrespectful. Šumski are Croatian favourite band.

Edited by alan_ts

JINX are quite big in Balkan area, they are gonna headline Word stage like Repetitor last year...them or Bombino. 

So this is it, they confirmed that. Wondering who is headlining Hidden stage (after main stage ends) ? Was hoping for same solid names there.

Overall, any conclusions on lineup ? 

Personally i think last year was stronger, i'm guessing also the lineup was overall (a bit) more expensive. There are some nice under-cards, few nice names on main stage... still think it's going to be nice edition

I love really really much QOTSA, Interpol and especially Nick Cave so can't complain for the money

If you compare those 3 to Alt J, Arcade Fire and Kasabian I think it's quite comparable. We can't have the bonus headliner all the time I guess

Edited by Nicklord

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I love really really much QOTSA, Interpol and especially Nick Cave so can't complain for the money

If you compare those 3 to Alt J, Arcade Fire and Kasabian I think it's quite comparable. We can't have the bonus headliner all the time I guess

I agree for 45 Euro or whatever it was when I brought the ticket it’s great value. I reckon on two bands I really wanna see per day plus some others that I wil enjoy. I think they had bigger names last year but I prefer the names this year...

Decided to pot all the lineup posters together, it could be interesting to see and maybe we can do some comparison...which year is your favorite?

This year looks similar to 2017, "7 headliners" as they call it and few more stronger names. 

2006 - 2010 no poster found

Rezultat iskanja slik za inmusic 2011

Rezultat iskanja slik za inmusic 2012

Rezultat iskanja slik za inmusic 2013

Rezultat iskanja slik za inmusic 2014

Rezultat iskanja slik za inmusic 2015 lineup

Rezultat iskanja slik za inmusic 2016 lineup

Rezultat iskanja slik za inmusic 2017

Image may contain: one or more people and text

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

When is it appropriate to look back through this thread and laugh that we though that Massive Attack / Editors / Foo Fighters / the xx / Lana Del Rey etc. would be added as the third headliner? 

Don't be pessimist, I'm pretty sure Monday we'll have day splits + third headliner. Any guesses?