Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

1 minute ago, giacomo said:

Any chance of having Massive Attack? Zagreb is just half way between Istanbul & Koln :D

I'd bet on one of them:

Massive Attack

Franz Ferdinand

Editors

Liam Gallagher

Šumski

• Like 2

the festival is selling great, dont think there is any reason for them to spend 150-200k on a name just to please people on this board :)

probably a co-headliner is still pending, something in the range of Interpol or St Vincent....

7 minutes ago, Andrej said:

the festival is selling great, dont think there is any reason for them to spend 150-200k on a name just to please people on this board :)

Ok man but I've to fill the days someway ;)

I mean, I only ask them to be clear. 

Exit in Serbia misses some headliners too (and 1/3 of a lineup) :D 

I think it's a thing with festivals from non rich/ish countries. I think they have enough money to secure 50-60-70% of the lineup on time and then from the money from tickets they scramble the rest of it hoping for the best

Edited by Nicklord

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Mmm tomorrow they reveal the full lineup but I think headliners are complete.

I doubt that... In largest font on the poster at the moment:

Wednesday 4/7: Eminen / Cardi B / Nine Inch Nails
Thursday 5/7: Bruno Mars / Nephew
Friday 6/7: David Byrne
Saturday 7/7: Gorillaz

Now Eminem, Bruno Mars and Gorillaz I consider downright headliners, but David Byrne's not, is he? I expect they still have something up their sleeve for that Friday...

6 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

I doubt that... In largest font on the poster at the moment:

Wednesday 4/7: Eminen / Cardi B / Nine Inch Nails
Thursday 5/7: Bruno Mars / Nephew
Friday 6/7: David Byrne
Saturday 7/7: Gorillaz

Now Eminem, Bruno Mars and Gorillaz I consider downright headliners, but David Byrne's not, is he? I expect they still have something up their sleeve for that Friday...

You might be right, I didn't see the days split, I thought Nin could have headline a day.

19 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Exit in Serbia misses some headliners too (and 1/3 of a lineup) :D 

I think it's a thing with festivals from non rich/ish countries. I think they have enough money to secure 50-60-70% of the lineup on time and then from the money from tickets they scramble the rest of it hoping for the best

Ok thanks, anyway I don't think festival organizers improvise lineups (ar least regarding headliners); it could be ok for the undercard but not for the bigger names imo.

2 hours ago, alan_ts said:

You might be right, I didn't see the days split, I thought Nin could have headline a day.

Ok thanks, anyway I don't think festival organizers improvise lineups (ar least regarding headliners); it could be ok for the undercard but not for the bigger names imo.

Was oversimplifying, I didn't mean completely improvise but there's probably more freestyling here than with festivals like Wercher, Novarock or whoever :D 

For example I know that Exit in 2013 got Nick Cave in June (festival is in July) and announced him literally a day after they've signed him. I wouldn't be surprised something like that happened last year with Kings of Leon and Inmusic and MAYBE will happen with some band this year

20 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Was oversimplifying, I didn't mean completely improvise but there's probably more freestyling here than with festivals like Wercher, Novarock or whoever :D 

For example I know that Exit in 2013 got Nick Cave in June (festival is in July) and announced him literally a day after they've signed him. I wouldn't be surprised something like that happened last year with Kings of Leon and Inmusic and MAYBE will happen with some band this year

Last year on FB INmusic replied something along the lines of 'as soon as we confirm an act we will announce them', so I don't think you're far off @Nicklord. with the improvising thing, and KOL are a really good example of that. However, if they festival is selling great this year like @Andrej said, I agree they won't bother adding anything more. Why bother making the loyal consumers happier if INmusic can make more profit?! 

13 minutes ago, gregory said:

Last year on FB INmusic replied something along the lines of 'as soon as we confirm an act we will announce them', so I don't think you're far off @Nicklord. with the improvising thing, and KOL are a really good example of that. However, if they festival is selling great this year like @Andrej said, I agree they won't bother adding anything more. Why bother making the loyal consumers happier if INmusic can make more profit?! 

Ok that's fair but if true is a bad strategy marketing for next years. 

14 minutes ago, gregory said:

Interpol as big as Stormzy and First Aid Kid (but smaller than Khalid). David Byrne is in big font, new headliner confirmed! 

St Vincent too.

We're done here.

6/4 :)

Edit1 (Is what I understand using google translate)

edit2 Naaaah is the fucking contest :(

Edit3 POZOR! ZADNJI KLIC! Imaš bend in bi igral na festivalu INmusic festival #13? Prijavi se na natečaj INmusic breakthrough 2018 in izkoristi priložnost, da bi zaigral na glavnem odru največjega hrvaškega open-air festivala! Prijaviš se lahko do 6. aprila tukaj: /2pmsF67 Veselimo se tvoje prijave! 

Edited by alan_ts

Jap, just a contest to sign for if you have a band :)

i'm at least expecting one more solid name, World stage headliner for example .. but not sure what are they waiting for, Interpol were announced almost 2 months ago and since then not much is going one.