Glastonbury Conspiracy theories

Matt42

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I'm not the best person to ask as I rented an Airbnb on that Park Farm that sits right by Silver Hayes and Bushy Ground - so I was able to drive in via the vertical road on the map on the left hand side.

I would just email the festival office and ask - I checked before I visited to be on the safe side.

You are gonna love it. It is surprisingly difficult to correctly identify every bit of the site when all the stuff isn't on it! But that's all the fun :) 

We're hoping to take the kids up to the stone circles with a picnic, they went to the festival in 2011 when they were two and four but haven't been back since 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Smeble said:

The pyramid stage is in fact the sister ship to the Black Fortress from krull, it is home to the Eavis, a slightly befuddled old man with a funny accent and short trousers,  and only appears for 5 days a year bringing joy to the chair and blanket brigade, 

This is a 1000th tweet to behold! (sorry if someone else noticed - reading thread from top)

31 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Emily Eavis is an anagram of 'Yes, I am evil'

Just saying...

Michael Eavis is an anagram of Achieve Malis, which is why I assume there are lots of African artists on the bill each year.

It's also an anagram of Claim Heavies. Perhaps he's secretly running a firm of debt-chasing bailiffs in his spare time?

1 hour ago, swede said:

The festival scheduled the stages this year on the Sunday  to maximize the size of Ed Sheerans crowd 

People complained when jay-z and again when Kanye west was on saying, Glastonbury is for guitar music. Stick a guy on this year with a guitar and they still go crazy!

Residents of the local villages actually love the festival. So much so that despite what we're led to believe, the festival is in fact on every single weekend and they open it up to the general public once a year in June.

I understood that everyone who charged their phones at the EE tents also got a cookie installed to ensure that at ticket day in October the phone's IP adress will fail. 

This because Emily Eavis (EE... you get it...) wants to maximize the diversity of visitors and therefore rule out that you will visit Glastonbury two times in a row. 

This is why I always bring my own power bank.

6 hours ago, markian said:

People complained when jay-z and again when Kanye west was on saying, Glastonbury is for guitar music. Stick a guy on this year with a guitar and they still go crazy!

I have no problem with Ed headlining, I went, I enjoyed it but had to watch from the Mandela bar as the field was that rammed. We tried mid set to enter at the top track and stewards were down the middle of it turning it into two one way systems. At that point I'd have gone and watched someone else if there was any better options. 

London Grammer subbed John Peel that night having headlined last time, they pulled a good crowd but you could see people near the back of the tent and in the field leaving heading to Ed, Metronomy just about filled the tent, it was pretty lightweight for a John Peel headliner. 

Emile Sandes placement on the other stage was another odd one, she's a pyramid act all day long. I'm not a fan of hers but the Sunday pyramid crowd would have loved her 

The placement of acts that day was just odd late on leading upto Ed on the pyramid 

Edited by swede

6 hours ago, Jamie D said:

Residents of the local villages actually love the festival. So much so that despite what we're led to believe, the festival is in fact on every single weekend and they open it up to the general public once a year in June.

Damn how'd you find out? ....I blame Big Dog.... he's such a grouse

16 minutes ago, swede said:

I have no problem with Ed headlining, I went, I enjoyed it but had to watch from the Mandela bar as the field was that rammed. We tried mid set to enter at the top track and stewards were down the middle of it turning it into two one way systems. At that point I'd have gone and watched someone else if there was any better options. 

London Grammer subbed John Peel that night having headlined last time, they pulled a good crowd but you could see people near the back of the tent and in the field leaving heading to Ed, Metronomy just about filled the tent, it was pretty lightweight for a John Peel headliner. 

Emile Sandes placement on the other stage was another odd one, she's a pyramid act all day long. I'm not a fan of hers but the Sunday pyramid crowd would have loved her 

The placement of acts that day was just odd late on leading upto Ed on the pyramid 

I think you can definitely say 2017 was the year of the odd placement, some absolutely bizarre ones. It was still my best year though!

20 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think you can definitely say 2017 was the year of the odd placement, some absolutely bizarre ones. It was still my best year though!

Same here, best year yet but some very odd placements this year