Blog review, Glastonbury 2017

Impropaganda

Hi there I have a music blog that I mostly review new and unsigned music on, however I decided I would try and make some sort of account of what I got up to at Glastonbury this year.  I published the piece over 5 parts and still could have written so much more but I did try and keep it as concise as possible.  I would massively appreciate it if any of you good people had a read if you fancy it and have attached a link to the first part with links to the next day at the bottom of each post.

Hope you all had a good a time as I did and hopefully I'll be back in 2019.

Matt

https://impropagandablog.wordpress.com/2017/07/02/glastonbury-festival-2017-wednesday-21st-june/

Well I read every word and found it quite interesting to see how different someone who is not off their face all the time spends the festival. I would have enjoyed it more if you'd have specified how much booze you were sinking (I assume you werent doing any extras?) I feel like your reports lacked a bit of depth and detail. I think each day's report could have been easily double in length and wouldn't have felt too long. I just love reading about glastonbury. (This is just constructive criticism please understand). I dont understand why you feel the need to keep your own writing concise? Let it it all flow out, to hell with what anyone else may or may not think. Your creative juices should not be prevented from gushing! I didnt feel enough of the madness of the festival came through either.

It made me realise I would never want to attend with a child, as I am far too selfish to sacrifice my enjoyment to ensure theirs. The photo of him on your shoulders gave me a warm feeling inside however.

Overall, I did enjoy reading it but dont be shy about writing longer pieces.

Edited by russycarps

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Well I read every word and found it quite interesting to see how different someone who is not off their face all the time spends the festival. I would have enjoyed it more if you'd have specified how much booze you were sinking (I assume you werent doing any extras?) I feel like your reports lacked a bit of depth and detail. I think each day's report could have been easily double in length and wouldn't have felt too long. I just love reading about glastonbury. (This is just constructive criticism please understand). I dont understand why you feel the need to keep your own writing concise? Let it it all flow out, to hell with what anyone else may or may not think. Your creative juices should not be prevented from gushing! I didnt feel enough of the madness of the festival came through either.

It made me realise I would never want to attend with a child, as I am far too selfish to sacrifice my enjoyment to ensure theirs. The photo of him on your shoulders gave me a warm feeling inside however.

Overall, I did enjoy reading it but dont be shy about writing longer pieces.

Hey any feedback is appreciated thanks for taking the time to read. Most of my other pieces are much shorter as they're usually ep reviews but its good to know youd like it to be longer as I struggled with the length of it all. I didn't realise anyone would want to know how much alcohol I had it was definitely a lot no extras this year though.

I genuinely felt like I could have written forever.

Just read all of that @Impropaganda.  Thanks for sharing.   Great that Radiohead was so perfect for you!

I bought that Kate Chidley map last year.  It's amazing.

This is as good a place as any to post my own review.  It's the second one in the link, below Pete's.  

http://www.therockclubuk.com/index.php/reviews/festival-reviews-36267

20 minutes ago, Impropaganda said:

Hey any feedback is appreciated thanks for taking the time to read. Most of my other pieces are much shorter as they're usually ep reviews but its good to know youd like it to be longer as I struggled with the length of it all. I didn't realise anyone would want to know how much alcohol I had it was definitely a lot no extras this year though.

I genuinely felt like I could have written forever.

Well alcohol is such a big part of glastonbury it would have been enjoyable to chart your descent into drunkeness, maybe that's just me!

I've never written a blog but I thought the whole point was they are places for people to get it all off their chest and just write because they enjoy writing. It seems a bit daft to restrict yourself in your own blog! If I did have one, I'd write with carefree abandon.

8 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Just read all of that @Impropaganda.  Thanks for sharing.   Great that Radiohead was so perfect for you!

I bought that Kate Chidley map last year.  It's amazing.

This is as good a place as any to post my own review.  It's the second one in the link, below Pete's.  

http://www.therockclubuk.com/index.php/reviews/festival-reviews-36267

Thank you loved yours too

8 hours ago, russycarps said:

Well alcohol is such a big part of glastonbury it would have been enjoyable to chart your descent into drunkeness, maybe that's just me!

I've never written a blog but I thought the whole point was they are places for people to get it all off their chest and just write because they enjoy writing. It seems a bit daft to restrict yourself in your own blog! If I did have one, I'd write with carefree abandon.

Thanks mate my only worry was not too alienate my usual sunscribers maybe i should write a novel 

3 hours ago, Neville Street said:

Great read. We have taken our kids for the last few years. It's not the same as before, but better in many ways. This year was probably my favourite festival of 13 visits over 30 years :)

NS

Thanks its different with a kid but great too

I've just read both blogs and liked them both.  I haven't often read these types of things before so it was interesting to hear other peoples experience.   For me though,  both missed the crazy randomness of Glastonbury,  the wierd and unusual, the random encounters with strangers that you can easily lose hours with.  Maybe that stuff is impossible to describe, and credit to you for even writing this stuff cos I couldn't,  but if I'd never been to Glastonbury before I would think it's all about the music. It's a minor criticism because I enjoyed what both of you wrote. 

Thanks for sharing  x

13 minutes ago, bexj said:

I've just read both blogs and liked them both.  I haven't often read these types of things before so it was interesting to hear other peoples experience.   For me though,  both missed the crazy randomness of Glastonbury,  the wierd and unusual, the random encounters with strangers that you can easily lose hours with.  Maybe that stuff is impossible to describe, and credit to you for even writing this stuff cos I couldn't,  but if I'd never been to Glastonbury before I would think it's all about the music. It's a minor criticism because I enjoyed what both of you wrote. 

Thanks for sharing  x

Thanks for the feedback wish id gave included more now

11 hours ago, Impropaganda said:

Hi there I have a music blog that I mostly review new and unsigned music on, however I decided I would try and make some sort of account of what I got up to at Glastonbury this year.  I published the piece over 5 parts and still could have written so much more but I did try and keep it as concise as possible.  I would massively appreciate it if any of you good people had a read if you fancy it and have attached a link to the first part with links to the next day at the bottom of each post.

Hope you all had a good a time as I did and hopefully I'll be back in 2019.

Matt

https://impropagandablog.wordpress.com/2017/07/02/glastonbury-festival-2017-wednesday-21st-june/

Thanks for sharing - I really enjoyed reading that. Glad you had the same experience of The XX and Radiohead as I did! I wish I hadn't missed Joe Goddard after reading your piece.

As others have said, could definitely have read some more!

Not usually my thing to share on other sites but seems the ideal time SO here is my blog review of the first 3 days of Glastonbury, so far reaching only Friday (my favourite day of the festival). I'm yet to compile my thoughts on the Saturday and Sunday but will do in due course, so I have attached the links for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Please do read and let me know what you think!! Great work by the way @Impropaganda, I really like your posts.

Weds: https://nmeveryday.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/day-32-glastonbury-day-one/

Thurs: https://nmeveryday.wordpress.com/2017/06/29/day-33/

Fri: https://nmeveryday.wordpress.com/2017/07/02/day-34/

P.S. Funnily enough I'm a student keen to get into writing / journalism, so anyone reading my amateur material is always hugely appreciated!

Edited by Brownie30

Thanks for the feedback @bexj. My review was written for a music website, so for that reason it is purely about the music. On Facebook I wrote a bit more about the other stuff I managed to fit in (meditation session, walk around site, Efest meet-up, Safe Gigs For Women talk, Jeremy Corbyn, art installation in the Wood, Hare Krishna food). You are right that Glastonbury is about much more than just the music.

That said, I am such a music nut that I do spend most of my time catching as much of it as I can. I look at the other stuff mostly enroute from stage to stage and certainly wouldn't lose hours getting lost in random stuff. Ideally the festival would last a whole week and then I could fit in more other stuff too!

Edited by Watergirl

Thumbs up @faymondo and @Brownie30 for your reviews. The latter particularly nice as written by a first timer. Really enjoyed reading them. And yes, that second barrier is a fantastic spot. I had the best experience for the Stones there, and was only slightly further back for Foo Fighters this time. The sound is always excellent there.

Look forward to reading about Sat/Sun, Brownie30.

13 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Thanks for sharing - I really enjoyed reading that. Glad you had the same experience of The XX and Radiohead as I did! I wish I hadn't missed Joe Goddard after reading your piece.

As others have said, could definitely have read some more!

yeah the xx into radiohead is something that will live with me forever. Joe was amazing would definitely see him again. it's interesting that people have said they would like to read more as I once someone's book about Glastonbury and I really didn't enjoy it as I don't think it gave off a real feel for the festival