Cinema

staffop

I asked EOTR via twitter this very same query. Their response was "now that would be telling..." . The cheeky scamps. ;p

I wonder if its gonna go somewhere in the woods. So, if it IS an outdoor cinema, it will be well shaded. Where, of course, is up for debate.

My 10th and I can only recall 3 trips to the cinema tent.

1. I fell asleep during a late night showing of The Big Lebowski
  2. Saw a bit of The Raid, but couldn't read the subtitles because the screen was too low and there were heads in the way
  3. Cowered from the rain and watched The Muppets one morning

I think there were times when I've wandered along there after dark for something to do, but it's always been too busy. Never even thought about it during the day when the bands are on.

It always has a very impressive film line-ups, but yeah, I'd go to a film festival or stay at home if I wanted to watch them.

This is my 9th time at EOTR and the only time I ventured into the film tent was film occasion number 3 for @shoebox - but it was standing room only for The Muppets as everyone had the same idea. I soon ventured back out into the rain. I agree with @xxialac - why do something you could easily do at home? Too many bands, too many ales.

I was there for the Muppets. It was hilarious and a really good atmosphere in the old cinema tent. I'm glad they're changing the venue - the one they've used for the last few years is a bit staid, I agree. My kids have watched loads of films in the morning at EoTR over the years. Sometimes though they've not been able to get in to see the kids' films because space was taken up by grown ups without children. Should be a law against it.

I loved the cinema at NDH. Sheltering from the rain in velvet draped splendour, lounging on a floor covered in inflatables, eating fresh popcorn and watching Some Like it Hot with the kids. I've never watched a whole film at EOTR but used to like wandering in to the old tents and serendipitously finding some weird, trippy oddity to watch for a while between late night fun.

Another one here that was there for the Muppets (to get out of the rain).  There was a good atmosphere as the tent was rammed and everyone was happy to get out of the rain.  Over the years, I think we have seen a couple of kids films in the morning, but there are always other things on to distract you from going back to watch a film later in the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Great line up. Confess I liked the cinema location. Don't watch telly at home at all so always a treat to watch some Nordic Noir (The Hunt) or music doc like the David Thomas Broughton. Nuts in May a couple of years was a great collective experience (it was freezing outside).

Just back from a first and last Latitude, cinema offering was rubbish.