What made you cry at Glasto?

mrfunk

Beans on Toast - Jamie and Lily, Leftfield.

He told the whole story about how they were both going to see him at a gig.

Jamie emailed Beans on Toast asking to dedicate a song to Lily.
And without Jamie knowing, Lily emailed Beans on Toast, asking to dedicate the same song to Jamie.

He wrote a song about them.
They came on stage and danced. It was a joyful happy moment and I sobbed.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I was in bits to that song, had quite a moment. It means different things to different people but always a heart string puller! We also had hugs, hugs that you just couldn't let go. Just beautiful. I think Flaming Lips were the best band I have ever seen live. 

A friend wants that song at her funeral! Hopefully not imminently though :D Yes, I think they just became my #1, pipping George Clinton & the P-Funk All Stars  who have held that honoured position for nearly 30 years (their Hammersmith Odeon set in 1988 was IMMENSE, as were the crowd).

17 hours ago, mrfunk said:

Haha , I think we know each other lol 

lol, I guessed it was you mate, the Tuesday was a proper scream.

Back on topic though I had a tear in my eye when the Flaming Lips performed "Do You Realise", absolutely beautiful song which Wayne introduced with a very touching Glasto loving speech.

Was a beautiful moment.

On 4 July 2017 at 9:18 AM, russycarps said:

That's beautiful.

And just think. At that very moment, at that exact same moment, as the sun shone above us and the stars aligned, I was stood there in that hallowed field, thinking how dreary and shit they were.

How funny that I upvoted both posts! Loved the first one, laughed out loud at the second.

14 hours ago, Madyaker said:

This.

My dream set list included Street Spirit, Paranoid Android, No Surprises, Creep and, above all, Fake Plastic Trees. I thought there was no way we'd get all of them but miraculously we did.

There were tears in my eyes from Lucky onwards but FPT put me over the edge. I don't think I've ever cried so much at a gig (and I cry at gigs a lot!). Probably my greatest single moment at any gig ever.

Amazingly, when I watched the whole thing back last weekend I did exactly the same all over again!

14 hours ago, adms said:

Beans on Toast - Jamie and Lily, Leftfield.

He told the whole story about how they were both going to see him at a gig.

Jamie emailed Beans on Toast asking to dedicate a song to Lily.
And without Jamie knowing, Lily emailed Beans on Toast, asking to dedicate the same song to Jamie.

He wrote a song about them.
They came on stage and danced. It was a joyful happy moment and I sobbed.

You sod, I was there for that, you've just set me off again at work.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's our revenge for putting up with you on the weather thread :lol:

haha. I have no complaints in that case. Its a fair cop. 

But fuck me, no thanks. 

7 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

That's site's blocked on my work pc.  Is it a link to Radiohead's set by any chance?

Its a video of fake plastic trees. Its just awful. 

nails_on_chalkboard.png

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

haha. I have no complaints in that case. Its a fair cop. 

But fuck me, no thanks. 

Its a video of fake plastic trees. Its just awful. 

Just watched it on my phone, that is cack.

I'm both annoyed that I talked myself into going to see them and oh so pleased that I fucked off after two songs.

2 hours ago, Jungleland said:

This.

My dream set list included Street Spirit, Paranoid Android, No Surprises, Creep and, above all, Fake Plastic Trees. I thought there was no way we'd get all of them but miraculously we did.

There were tears in my eyes from Lucky onwards but FPT put me over the edge. I don't think I've ever cried so much at a gig (and I cry at gigs a lot!). Probably my greatest single moment at any gig ever.

Amazingly, when I watched the whole thing back last weekend I did exactly the same all over again!

Same!! Thankfully my friends were all there to hug me right on through it...best cry ever :D

Also welled up on Sunday, as I lost my phone on Friday night which didn't bother me one bit until I got lost after The Killers. Was waiting for my friends to turn up at designated meeting place by The Beat Hotel, had a couple of shots and a cocktail and convinced myself they weren't coming and I would have to spend the evening befriending randomers in Shangri La. Thankfully, they turned up...again sending me into tears of emotional joy :lol:

Edited by Sasperella

On 04/07/2017 at 9:13 AM, Skelts said:

Bit of a cliché, but Elbow, One day like this. It's one of our wedding songs and we were fairly near the front and have never heard it live before.  My Mrs had tears rolling down her face and turned to see if I was in any way emotional, to see me blubbing away! Met some great people in the crowd too, very special moment :) 

Me to. Had this and Mirrorball at ours. Also during Barry Gibb Staying Alive which was my Dad's funeral song. 

Being dropped off at the Showground for the shuttle and having that lovely warm familiarity that something incredibly special was about to happen. The huge journey seemed worth it right at that point. 

As someone else mentioned, You Got The Love at Hacienda Classical. Really unexpected, that one. But that songs been with me in various contexts for many years. 

Kate Tempest. 

Hearing various Speaker's Forum people. So committed, so dedicated, so knowledgable about their various chosen passions. Yet so relatively unpopular. It felt so important to support some of those people in the midst of the masses enjoying their different musical acts. Because this stuff changes things. 

Think I spent more time in Leftfield this year than anywhere else, particularly ON Saturday. 

Watched Billys round up. Blubbed through it. Bawled through JC. Cried at Beans and was inconsolable by the time Alison Moyet sang 'Whispering Your Name' 

... Going and seeing The Jacksons, despite the sound being shit, completrly finished me off 

9 hours ago, Somersetjock said:

lol, I guessed it was you mate, the Tuesday was a proper scream.

Back on topic though I had a tear in my eye when the Flaming Lips performed "Do You Realise", absolutely beautiful song which Wayne introduced with a very touching Glasto loving speech.

Was a beautiful moment.

I liked that so much when I watched it back (I was at Radiohead), I cut it and uploaded it.

10 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

A friend wants that song at her funeral! Hopefully not imminently though :D Yes, I think they just became my #1, pipping George Clinton & the P-Funk All Stars  who have held that honoured position for nearly 30 years (their Hammersmith Odeon set in 1988 was IMMENSE, as were the crowd).

I have since came home and told everyone I'm close to that I want this at my funeral. It's just so beautiful!!