Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

53 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

Yeah good bet for next year, they could do lollapalooza berlin this year...

does anyone know re the hive whether the tents etc are already set up when you arrive?

well they’re playing the last concert in the usa on the 7th and lolla is on the 8 and 9..I guess they’re nailed for euro fests next summer

47 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Looks like this will be the festival I attened this year since no Glasto, picking up tickets on pay day. Very excited, first Euro festival :)

Whats the night time/after band stuff like? 

As far as I'm aware for after arena stuff you need to be going to The Hive really. We did it last year and will again this year. Not to be confused with Hive Resort which is the glamping... The Hive is basically just a separate camp site and has it's own tent/stage that had DJs on every night, including the Wednesday.

The Hive is the same price as a regular camping ticket so it doesn't cost you anymore but does sell out, I'm not sure when exactly last year but I'd get it sooner rather than later. It's also the only camp site open on the Wednesday which I'd recommend because then you're all pitched up before the full day of music Thursday :) 

There's also showers, food vendors, phone charging, I'm sure there was even a place to play Playstation last year, I've only ever done The Hive so I don't know which of these you get in regular too, but judging by this description possibly none of them.  

EDIT couldn't see an article just about The Hive, but they posted on 21st March 2017 saying all weekend and The Hive tickets were gone.

IMG_3359.PNG

Edited by alexlloyd

10 minutes ago, voyager2406 said:

Would love Frank carter, wolf Alice, mew, or Franz Ferdinand to be announced 

Saw Franz a few days ago in Dublin, great showman, and Frank carter was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, which was last month

Franz are quality I have seen them live 3 times now never have they failed to produce.

Hey folks, I know this is very off topic but I hope you're cool with it as I'm a regular poster here. One time only I swear!

Outside of speculating about festivals online, I make music and I have a new song out today. If you like Nothing But Thieves, Muse, that sort of stuff, you might enjoy it.

Okay, i'll shut up now. Hoping to maybe see Marmozets, Kasabian, Courtney Barnett, Enter Shikair & Biffy at 4 today!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Hey folks, I know this is very off topic but I hope you're cool with it as I'm a regular poster here. One time only I swear!

Outside of speculating about festivals online, I make music and I have a new song out today. If you like Nothing But Thieves, Muse, that sort of stuff, you might enjoy it.

Okay, i'll shut up now. Hoping to maybe see Marmozets, Kasabian, Courtney Barnett, Enter Shikair & Biffy at 4 today!

Great song McCallion!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I enjoyed that, especially the chorus, good luck with it :) 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Pretty good job Pat ;) 

21 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Nice!

36 minutes ago, McCallion said:

McCallion for The Slope!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

As far as I'm aware for after arena stuff you need to be going to The Hive really. We did it last year and will again this year. Not to be confused with Hive Resort which is the glamping... The Hive is basically just a separate camp site and has it's own tent/stage that had DJs on every night, including the Wednesday.

The Hive is the same price as a regular camping ticket so it doesn't cost you anymore but does sell out, I'm not sure when exactly last year but I'd get it sooner rather than later. It's also the only camp site open on the Wednesday which I'd recommend because then you're all pitched up before the full day of music Thursday :) 

There's also showers, food vendors, phone charging, I'm sure there was even a place to play Playstation last year, I've only ever done The Hive so I don't know which of these you get in regular too, but judging by this description possibly none of them.  

EDIT couldn't see an article just about The Hive, but they posted on 21st March 2017 saying all weekend and The Hive tickets were gone.

Thank you dude! 

Super appreciated. Should be picking up tickets next week, super excited, missed out on tickets for Mad Cool but this seems just as good. 

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Thank you dude! 

Super appreciated. Should be picking up tickets next week, super excited, missed out on tickets for Mad Cool but this seems just as good. 

Yeah I've got tickets for both and they are pretty similar :lol: but should help with clashes and also have the likes of Nick Cave, Gorillaz, The Killers and Stereophonics so far that MC doesn't. 

I couldn't recommend RW enough, me and the 3 friends I went with last year are all returning and agree it's the best festival we've done. One pointer... I'd keep an eye out for when The Hive campsite opens on the Wednesday (I think it was 14:00 last year) and make sure you are there at that time or before. We naively turned up a couple of hours later and we were queueing/hunting for a spot for at least an hour and a half. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

Has anyone got any idea of when the Eurostar typically starts to sell out for these dates/taking the Eurostar in general?

I wouldn't worry about it selling it. It's the price rises as it fillls up.. 

I check each week. Not entirely sold on the line up. Going to them this week and next to add more I like