Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Hey, first time going this year due to the lack of any sort of a UK line-up and had a few questions to ask...

1. In the highlighted area below, is there an entry requirement or is anyone allowed in? Just asking because I've been to a couple events where you needed to acquire an additional wristband from security/marshals to go to the front barrier.

2. Does this area deplete quite quickly after an act has finished? And how quickly does that area fill up again during the changing over of acts? Can you leave and go to bar, then come back relatively to the same position you were in? 

3. In regards to the barn, I've seen a few comments saying that you have be in there for the act before the act you actually want to see to get a decent enough spot in the crowd, is this true? Guess it always depends on who is performing, too. 

7300463_orig-759x500.jpg.066d9308869a6f353180fc854a0c63fa.jpg

There's no entry requirement...you queue at the side and they let you in until they consider it full...Its quite easy to get in tbh...if you're there just before an act ends and want to get in for the next act its easy enough. 

I don't think you need to be there an act earlier to get a decent spot in the Barn...again if you're there when an act is ending, its easy enough to get a good spot for the next act...

Of course if you want  to be right at the front in either area you're going to have to be there super early for an evening set.

In my experience...you need to be pretty well lit to be in the front area of the main stage. Its crazy packed and there are a lot of mannerless people around who don't care who they trample on to get by or further up front - ymmv!

• Like 1

On 09/03/2018 at 2:08 PM, e2p2 said:

Regular headliner set length (90-100 minutes) like AM gonna get means that they'll clash with KluB C headliner who starts 5-10 minutes before them and ends about 30 minutes before AM ends. This means that the Barn headliner (NIN) will start before Nick Cave will finish and most of his set (45-55 minutes) wont clash with anything but if you'll go to the tent after Nick Cave it will be full already.

So you can get full NIN and full AM sets guaranteed or full Cave and full AM with seeing most of NIN set from the screens outside between the tents (I hope they still do it) or choose to get risky and leave Cave at some point to try to get into the Barn for NIN. 

It's going to be an absolute bastard.

I saw Nick Cave in London last year and he was incredible. Though i've never seen NIN, so will probably leave Nick Cave early to try and get a spot for NIN, but it's going to be bloody hard to do so! Wish they could just fit all three bands in with no clashes (NIN, Nick, AM)

Edited by idioteque87

23 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

It's going to be an absolute bastard.

I saw Nick Cave in London last year and he was incredible. Though i've never seen NIN, so will probably leave Nick Cave early to try and get a spot for NIN, but it's going to be bloody hard to do so! Wish they could just fit all three bands in with no clashes (NIN, Nick, AM)

They could've but then they decided "Sunday is not strong enough, let's add Noel Gallagher too" and here we are :( 

As Phantom was saying.... its really easy to get in and out. Only had to queue for really big headliners like foo fighters etc.... even then made it in. 

With the Barn its easy on Thurs/Fri to come and go. On Sat I was 30 mins early to see Rag n' bone man and it did not open. I know that they are increasing the capacity but if you desperately want to see an act plan ahead. 

• Downvote 1

Hello everybody!

Bought tickets and really excited for the festival.

Just a quick query, there are a few of us going and some in the group are concerned about camping facilities. Some want Hive Resort and some just want regular Hive. Are the two broadly in the same area or are they cordoned off?

Also, is the only difference between them that the Hive Resort has pre-pitched tents?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, kurtreilly said:

Hello everybody!

Bought tickets and really excited for the festival.

Just a quick query, there are a few of us going and some in the group are concerned about camping facilities. Some want Hive Resort and some just want regular Hive. Are the two broadly in the same area or are they cordoned off?

Also, is the only difference between them that the Hive Resort has pre-pitched tents?

Thanks!

They're directly opposite each other! The Hive has "shops" and eateries whilst the Resort has just food and drink ...The Resort is a lot quieter. If you're looking for an afterparty until the early morning, stay in the Hive. If you want better facilities, good quality drinks and a few more "home comforts", stay in the Resort! (If you've cash to burn, stay in a Kayuto :P)

50 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Right, never really listened to PJ.

Where to start?

W00T??? You haven't lived.....with out a shadow of a doubt best band EVER! ;) 

But Nicklord is right, Ten is probably the way to start...their unplugged concert is another way to go :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Apologies for posting in amongst the regulars, but looking at heading to Werchter for the first time this year.

Have read that buying tokens in advance works out cheaper than on the site, so obviously I am keen to avoid purchasing any at the festival. Is five tokens for food and one for a [small] beer about right?

And how many do people typically set aside for each day? The packages of 80 for €200 seems tempting but will 20 a day do based on the above metric?

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Apologies for posting in amongst the regulars, but looking at heading to Werchter for the first time this year.

Have read that buying tokens in advance works out cheaper than on the site, so obviously I am keen to avoid purchasing any at the festival. Is five tokens for food and one for a [small] beer about right?

And how many do people typically set aside for each day? The packages of 80 for €200 seems tempting but will 20 a day do based on the above metric?

1 token = 1 small beer
Food, it depends on what you're having but foot is quite expansive there. 
I always buy 120 in advance and then I buy more on Saturday or Sunday when I run out :)

12 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Regular 250ml of Jupiler is 1 token....The likes of Karmelite and the craft beers are 2 - 2.5, cocktails are 3 - 3.5, decent wine and drinkable champagne  is 2.5 - 3 or so as well IIRC...

Food can be really expensive depending on what you want...The Ribs place last year was 5-10 tokens depending on what you wanted! 

20 a day is more than fine if you're a moderate eater / drinker...if you want fancy or loads of beer then i'd up it by 10 a day

15 hours ago, Gossard said:

1 token = 1 small beer
Food, it depends on what you're having but foot is quite expansive there. 
I always buy 120 in advance and then I buy more on Saturday or Sunday when I run out :)

2 hours ago, Phantom_Zone said:

Regular 250ml of Jupiler is 1 token....The likes of Karmelite and the craft beers are 2 - 2.5, cocktails are 3 - 3.5, decent wine and drinkable champagne  is 2.5 - 3 or so as well IIRC...

Food can be really expensive depending on what you want...The Ribs place last year was 5-10 tokens depending on what you wanted! 

20 a day is more than fine if you're a moderate eater / drinker...if you want fancy or loads of beer then i'd up it by 10 a day

Cheers. Sounds like 30 a day might do me then.

4 minutes ago, santowhir said:

Get's expensive when you look at it like that. I guess the tokens do really work because I have no idea how much I am spending once I have them.

I only brought 20, never seem to spend even close as much as some other people at festivals. Just go back to the campsite at some point during the day and sneak in vodka into the arena and buy soft drinks.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, santowhir said:

Get's expensive when you look at it like that. I guess the tokens do really work because I have no idea how much I am spending once I have them.

Bingo! Its a great system to make the vendors life easier but then you're like, 10 tokens for some food, no problem! Then you think shit thats 25 to 30 euro!!

Last year my girlfriend and I used 140 - 160 and didnt hold back on anything...she also doesn't dink as much as I do so :ph34r:

• Like 1