Red Day

Rock Werchter 2018

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

:rolleyes:

That's pretty damn close....you're only missing Gorillaz as QOTSA and Gorillaz are co-headlining.....!

16 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

:rolleyes:

And the lottery numbers for later this week are???

56 minutes ago, Tuggster said:

And the lottery numbers for later this week are???

:lol: If I go quiet after Friday Evening you'll know why

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

:lol: If I go quiet after Friday Evening you'll know why

In that case we expect a little party with free beer for your efestivals forum friends :)
As they say in Belgium: Tournée Générale!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, micvet said:

In that case we expect a little party with free beer for your efestivals forum friends :)
As they say in Belgium: Tournée Générale!

Of course! If you see someone gliding through The Barn on a segway, come and introduce yourself! :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Too bad RW will never dare to book Childish Gambino. Would be a great closer after The Killers. Dude is mad talented.

Why not? I even think he's a good contender for a nice KlubC spot (no main stage name ofc). 

Still on the top of my wishlist are the following acts: Childish Gambino, Solange, Bryan Ferry, The Breeders, a Gallagher, Tame Impala, Sampha, Father John Misty, St Vincent, Interpol, Jungle. And maybe The XX as Friday co-headliner.

(And for the dreamers: Thom Yorke or Smashing Pumpkins.) 

If we get 3-4 of those, I'll be VERY glad. Hell, I'm very glad with this lineup as well. :-) 

Edited by lighthouse
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Why not? I even think he's a good contender for a nice KlubC spot (no main stage name ofc).

Exactly for that reason. He headlines everywhere and barely plays any shows so he's quite an exclusive name. I think he'd accept playing after the Killers, but as you say: RW would want him for one of the tents.

44 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

do we think that's all the headliners now? hoping for some more.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's all, but I think a dance act after the Killers is still possible.

23 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's all, but I think a dance act after the Killers is still possible.

The Prodigy?

1 hour ago, Radioactive said:

do we think that's all the headliners now? hoping for some more.

Could easily get someone that would headline in the UK but might not in Belgium e.g Kasabian 

6 minutes ago, GerryL said:

I still have hope for Muse...

Sorry mate, we have all our headliners....

Thursday: QOTSA/Gorillaz
Friday: The Killers
Saturday: Pearl Jam
Sunday: Arctic Monkeys 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Sorry mate, we have all our headliners....

Thursday: QOTSA/Gorillaz
Friday: The Killers
Saturday: Pearl Jam
Sunday: Arctic Monkeys 

You forgot Cave. ;-) Both QOTSA/Gorillaz and Nick Cave/AM are co-headlining (probably getting an equally long time slot). And I'm counting Jack White as a headliner too, just because he has that status on every other festival. So I reckon we'll still get the 'other Friday headliner'. 

Thursday: Queens Of The Stone Age / Gorillaz

Friday: The Killers / XXX

Saturday: Jack White / Pearl Jam

Sunday: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds / Arctic Monkeys 

i remember last year being a big discussion about james blake and even alt-j subbing... but finally no new name has been announced.

if james blake can sub ... snow patrol can definitely do the same thing.

2 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

i remember last year being a big discussion about james blake and even alt-j subbing... but finally no new name has been announced.

Snow Patrol subbed in 2012....

37 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

That's not the point. James Blake subbed Radiohead, Alt-J subbed Foo Fighters. Those are massive acts who can sell out their day on their own. An equally big co-headliner isn't necessary for them. But The Killers will most definitely need that.

The Killers don't sell too much tickets. They (probably) waited so long to long to announce them because of that gig in Sportpaleis which even now didn't sell out. In fact, The Killers are less profitable than Gorillaz, Pearl Jam, Nick Cave, Arctic Monkeys in Belgium. So that's why I think there's stil something missing. 

Edit: But the Killers will most definitely help shifting combi tickets. As a whole, the set of QOTSA + Gorillaz + The Killers + Jack White + Pearl Jam + Nick Cave + Arctic Monkeys (+ Nine Inch Nails + London Grammar + Snow Patrol) is one of the strongest set of headlining acts they've had. IMO ;-) 

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1