November 10th 2016: Linkin Park
November 15th 2016: Foo Fighters
November 18th 2016: Arcade Fire
November 19th 2016: Tickets go on sale
November 29th 2016 King of Leon
March 21st 2017: Combi tickets sold out
March 24th 2017: Timetable
April 21st 2017: Line up complete

Last Tuesday RW announced one more week of "wish list".....

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AnnaVGT said:

Just to give you an idea:

October 21st 2016: One more week of "wish list" was announced
October 28th 2016: Radiohead
November 4th 2016: System of a Down
November 10th 2016: Linkin Park
November 15th 2016: Foo Fighters
November 18th 2016: Arcade Fire
November 19th 2016: Tickets go on sale
November 29th 2016 King of Leon
March 21st 2017: Combi tickets sold out
March 24th 2017: Timetable
April 21st 2017: Line up complete

Last Tuesday RW announced one more week of "wish list".....

You beauty! If only there was a way to pin this to the top of the thread!

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

When do tickets usually go on sale? Im looking at RW as a possible for next year.

Take your time Fuzz. It wont be sold out before February/March so you'll have enough time to think about it. Many here tend to buy tickets quick (Im one of them..) and some of them regret it afterwards (Im NOT one of those..). With the exception of one edition in the recent past,  tickets go on sale after each day has at least one act confirmed usually a headliner or a different high slot. 

On 26/10/2017 at 2:28 PM, Will-2609 said:

According to Zegut, Metallica have postponed their 2018 Summer European tour. So if they were booked for Werchter we may be seeing a last minute replacement (Editors? :P).

How good a source is that Zegut ?.  Thinking there may be some truth in this as Download postponed their announcement when everyone thought Metallica were a definite for DL 

27 minutes ago, Red Day said:

How good a source is that Zegut ?.  Thinking there may be some truth in this as Download postponed their announcement when everyone thought Metallica were a definite for DL 

Apparently very reliable. He posts some things with a question mark after them meaning it's a rumour I think, and the things posted without a question mark (including this Metallica thing) are definite.

@dentalplan is the one who usually brings us his info so he probably knows better than me.

Edit: And yeah with the Download thing it adds up.

Edited by Will-2609
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Apparently very reliable. He posts some things with a question mark after them meaning it's a rumour I think, and the things posted without a question mark (including this Metallica thing) are definite.

@dentalplan is the one who usually brings us his info so he probably knows better than me.

Yeah he’s usually looped in with French rock festivals and big rock bands doing French gigs, cos he’s a renowned rock radio DJ there. European festival sites put a lot of trust in his words. Definitely been wrong in the past but Metallica canning their tour seems an odd thing to state if it wasn’t true.

He’s been rumouring GNR for shows next summer (incl. Download) - I could completely see RW booking them given Live Nation have tour contracts with them so maybe bob them in in place of Metallica?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah he’s usually looped in with French rock festivals and big rock bands doing French gigs, cos he’s a renowned rock radio DJ there. European festival sites put a lot of trust in his words. Definitely been wrong in the past but Metallica canning their tour seems an odd thing to state if it wasn’t true.

He’s been rumouring GNR for shows next summer (incl. Download) - I could completely see RW booking them given Live Nation have tour contracts with them so maybe bob them in in place of Metallica?

23 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Thanks for replies.  Did think it was a bit strange that Download suddenly postponed announcement due to happen next Tuesday.  Happy if GnR playing either DL or RW but after seeing Metallica on Thursday was excited for another helping next summer.  They were utterly amazing in Glasgow

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’d love for that to happen... Last time Metallica at RW I was very underwhelmed...

Just now, visdave34 said:

I’d love for that to happen... Last time Metallica at RW I was very underwhelmed...

I've seen Metallica quite a few times and if Thursday anything to go by, they're in top form on this tour.  

3 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I've seen Metallica quite a few times and if Thursday anything to go by, they're in top form on this tour.  

Thanks, that’s good to know if they do get booked anywhere I’ll be present. First time I saw them (also RW, 2007 or 2008) they were brilliant, but the last time (with those voted setlists) was extremely uninspired. 

Either way, I’d still prefer GnR, missed out this year and have never seen them. 

Edited by visdave34

Just now, visdave34 said:

Thanks, that’s good to know if they do get booked anywhere I’ll be present. First time I saw them (also RW, 2007 or 2008) they were brilliant, but the last time (with those voted setlists) was extremely uninspired. 

Ahh, by request is a pile of nonsense.  It's like a greatest hits set which might sound great but normally turns out to be disappointing.  Setlist on this tour has thrown in a few surprises from early stuff.  New songs from Hardwired are also fabulous live

18 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Either way, I’d still prefer GnR, missed out this year and have never seen them. 

Yeah, I thought Metallica at RW14 werent good at all, the sound and the commercial parts (sms votes during the show etc) were awful. I prefer it would be someone else. 

I'd be very surprised if Gorillaz arent there now with this adding to dates in Poland and Spain for Open'er and Bilbao BBK. They'll surely be in Belgium at some point and being around in June/July should make RW more likely than Pukkelpop. 

Wouldnt mind 30STM or Good Charlotte either, can't say I'm the biggest fan of either but I'd happily watch both if they were on. Seems like most are announcing now, so hopefully we'll get our first one this week! Also weren't kaleo the band that had to drop out and he replaced by Slowdive? If they're about I can see them wanting to make up for that.

Edited by alexlloyd

7 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Gorillaz, QOTSA, The National, Arctic Monkeys, Killers, Depeche Mode are all potential headliners , any others I've missed?

The XX, Metallica, Pearl Jam, The War on Drugs (co- or sub-headliner?), Nick Cave (co- or sub-headliner?)

Edited by visdave34