Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

17 hours ago, callumG94 said:

Hi, 

May be a stupid question but are the tokens literally tokens or will they come in raffle ticket strips or e cards ? Just trying to work out how easily I'll lose them

Cheers.

I love this post. It's like... "I want to gauge just how hard I'll work at losing these things." :)

Everything about this festival is f'ing delightful to me right now. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFieryFurnace18 said:

You don't automatically get a tent if you bought just hive camping do you? Didn't buy any of the tent packages stupidly, is there a place you can pick one up near Leuven? 

You will have to get a tent. I heard the camping shops in Belgium are very expensive. I'd recommend biting the bullet and getting one soon and take it with you on the journey

1 hour ago, TheFieryFurnace18 said:

Also you can bring as much alcohol you want into the festival can't you, just not into the stages 

Yes You can only bring alcohol into the camping. There is a limit but it's policed differently depending who you go to. Disperse it around your group if you have enough people

On 6/23/2018 at 4:56 PM, Jimmerz95 said:

I'm impressed ?

On 6/23/2018 at 5:45 PM, e2p2 said:

I always wanted RW to sell these kind of lineup shirts. This shirt look awesome, well done!

cheers!  ?

On 6/23/2018 at 11:42 PM, SonicSleuth said:

Are you doing an updated shirt for 2018? That would be popular with us lineup nerds! :)

I was thinking about it but I wanted to wait until the other one arrived to make sure they were decent quality so it might not arrived in time for next week now! Might have a look later though 

5 hours ago, TheFieryFurnace18 said:

You don't automatically get a tent if you bought just hive camping do you? Didn't buy any of the tent packages stupidly, is there a place you can pick one up near Leuven? 

https://www.tentenzo.com/engels/home/

You can preorder your camping gear for camping the Hive and A1.

You have to make the order before june 30th of you can buy at the campsite.

24 minutes ago, Bib123 said:

Hi guys, what is the easiest way to get to rock Werchter from Brussels Charleroi airport? and how long would it take?

You need to take a bus from the station outside the airport to Charleroi Sud train station, then take a train to Brussels Central, then one to Leuven. You can then get the shuttle bus to Rock Werchter. The only part that isn't included in the free train ticket is the first airport bus, you will have to pay for this at the airport. Journey should take a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, callumG94 said:

Do you know if this is available for the hive resort as well, this is exactly what o am after. Cheers mate 

From their website:

-Pick-up info:
There shall be a campingshop just next to the entrance off The Rock Werchter Campsite 'The Hive'. You can also buy your camping stuff there.
Pick-up your order at the Tentenzo campingshop.
Bring your id so we can check your identity (you ordered/ you do the pick-up).   
Print your order and bring this with you (a screenshot ron your phone is also possible).

22 hours ago, TheFieryFurnace18 said:

aw adventure i think its called but its pricey.

2 hours ago, Otto77 said:

From their website:

-Pick-up info:
There shall be a campingshop just next to the entrance off The Rock Werchter Campsite 'The Hive'. You can also buy your camping stuff there.
Pick-up your order at the Tentenzo campingshop.
Bring your id so we can check your identity (you ordered/ you do the pick-up).   
Print your order and bring this with you (a screenshot ron your phone is also possible).

I did see that cheers, do the hive and hive resort have different entraces though ? 

To add to the Tentenzo posts... I just bought a package with a pop-up tent, sleeping bag, earplugs, a pillow, and some cheap airbed thing for 70 Euros to be picked up at The Hive. 

I probably could have gotten the same junk for about 50 Euros from Amazon or some such, but the convenience of picking them up at the site is worth it, in my opinion! Hope they run smoothly and speak some English. ;)

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SonicSleuth said:

To add to the Tentenzo posts... I just bought a package with a pop-up tent, sleeping bag, earplugs, a pillow, and some cheap airbed thing for 70 Euros to be picked up at The Hive. 

I probably could have gotten the same junk for about 50 Euros from Amazon or some such, but the convenience of picking them up at the site is worth it, in my opinion! Hope they run smoothly and speak some English. ;)

Im definitely using this 

Hi guys has anybody flown with brussles air before, i want to take a 60l rucksack in my carry on luggage but the rules say 50cm max height, i have tsken this on a ryanair flight before and it was fine, any help would be apreciated. Its similar to this one ..https://www.millets.co.uk/equipment/133671-eurohike-trek-65l-backpack.html/544669/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping&istCompanyId=b238823a-59fd-4816-9c36-7dd47877f2a8&istItemId=raxrmwrqr&istBid=tzil&gclid=CjwKCAjw68zZBRAnEiwACw0eYS63_IyKI7DAbNqSMRps-V6rUZ7rbnPnSD5pIc1TjEuurj62KloN0BoCpMUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

9 hours ago, McCallion said:

The only part that isn't included in the free train ticket is the first airport bus, you will have to pay for this at the airport. Journey should take a couple of hours.

So do we just show our tickets at the train station or on the train?

5 minutes ago, Dan12345 said:

So do we just show our tickets at the train station or on the train?

https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical/how-to-get-there

Look at the info for trains. You'll have to register your ticket to create a code to enable your free ticket. The links you need are on the site I linked ^

• Downvote 1

Hi guys,

So like a few folks new to the festival, i've made a rookie error.

As a brit, i'm used to just buying a ticket and not worrying about a separate ticket. Turns out my friends all have hive camping tickets and i don't. So whilst i try franticly to but one online i have a few questions, if any one could be so kind as to fill me in:

I take it the hive camping is completely separate, to general camping, and i wont be able to camp near my friends without a hive camping ticket?

How tight is the security controlling people who enter the hive?

Do people in the hive have a different wristband? So would i be unable to go and hang with them at there tent in the day?

Any tips on getting a hive ticket at this stage?

If i don't get one is general camping a1 best to get?

Sorry for so many questions. Any info to set my mind at rest that i've not ruined my Wertcher experience before i've set foot there would be great thanks.

2 hours ago, Joabkw said:

Hi guys,

So like a few folks new to the festival, i've made a rookie error.

As a brit, i'm used to just buying a ticket and not worrying about a separate ticket. Turns out my friends all have hive camping tickets and i don't. So whilst i try franticly to but one online i have a few questions, if any one could be so kind as to fill me in:

I take it the hive camping is completely separate, to general camping, and i wont be able to camp near my friends without a hive camping ticket?

How tight is the security controlling people who enter the hive?

Do people in the hive have a different wristband? So would i be unable to go and hang with them at there tent in the day?

Any tips on getting a hive ticket at this stage?

If i don't get one is general camping a1 best to get?

Sorry for so many questions. Any info to set my mind at rest that i've not ruined my Wertcher experience before i've set foot there would be great thanks.

Hi! The Hive is indeed completely seperate, so you won't be able to camp near your friends without a Hive camping ticket...

Security varies... They tend to open some bags and check for glass, drugs, gas bottles etc but sometimes you can just walk right through. Or do you mean entering without a Hive wristband? That'll be really hard, everybody has to pass through gates where they check your wristband.

Yes, Hive campers have a different wristband than general campers, so you would not be able to hang with your friends nor would you be able to enjoy the CNTRL PRK area after the festival arena closes.

A1 would be best, for its location almost opposite to the festival arena entrance. But isn't that sols out as well?

Good luck my friend, hope you'll be able to grab a Hive ticket somewhere....

Hi guys, might be the wrong place t put this and if so, i apologise!

I made an impulse purchase a while back and got a 4 day ticket with hive camping along with coach travel from Birmingham.  I now can't make it and have only just received my ticket today.  As it's a bit niche I'm not sure where I'd be able to resell it, does anyone have any ideas?  Cheers.