Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Hi guys.

Hoping someone can help a first timer! 

We've had our flight changed tomorrow last minute so won't be getting to Brussels til about half 8pm

2 questions. What time does the shuttle bus from leuven to the hive run until

And does the hive ticket guarantee a space in the hive? Like im guessing it will already be quite full by the time we get there at 10ish?

Cheers!

9 hours ago, LloydForever said:

Hi guys.

We've had our flight changed tomorrow last minute so won't be getting to Brussels til about half 8pm

And does the hive ticket guarantee a space in the hive? Like im guessing it will already be quite full by the time we get there at 10ish?

Cheers!

Don't know about the shuttle buses, but a space in the hive won't be a problem. I take it you're talking about today times? Because we always arrive on Thursday in the hive around noon and always have a spot (a bit further up the campsite, but so be it)

Edit: I see your flight is tomorrow. But a Hive ticket does guarantee you a space in the Hive. Might be a bit more of a search though. The organisation does have people pointing you in the right direction of free lots, but I don't know until what time they operate...

Edited by visdave34

8 minutes ago, lagerlout said:

Looking at the weather can't help wondering if I really need to bring a waterproof.  If I don't it'll rain I'm sure, but it looks warm enough that you'll  dry off!

Same. I've only packed shorts and t-shirts, and probably won't need the sleeping bag! Getting excited now.

Based on earlier comments, it seems like the campsites and The Hive Resort in particular are quite tame. But I assume its fine for your group to bring out the camping chairs and sit around drinking in a circle with your group as per any other festival? All for respecting fellow camper's wishes to keep the noise down but also want to be able to get a good buzz going before and after heading into the festival site.

5 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

I'm driving to Belgium saturday morning - will RW show the England game or will I have to stop off somewhere?

All WC matches shown in the Hive and The Hive Resort, while the Belgium v Brazil match will also be shown in the Arena (North West Walls and The Slope).

3 minutes ago, GuinnessSupper said:

All WC matches shown in the Hive and The Hive Resort, while the Belgium v Brazil match will also be shown in the Arena (North West Walls and The Slope).

I only have a day ticket - does that mean I don't get to see it?

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

Don't know about the shuttle buses, but a space in the hive won't be a problem. I take it you're talking about today times? Because we always arrive on Thursday in the hive around noon and always have a spot (a bit further up the campsite, but so be it)

Edit: I see your flight is tomorrow. But a Hive ticket does guarantee you a space in the Hive. Might be a bit more of a search though. The organisation does have people pointing you in the right direction of free lots, but I don't know until what time they operate...

Should be getting there late tonight at some point, so sounds like it won't be a problem! Brilliant stuff. Cheers! 

45 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Does anyone know if the food tokens can be used to purchase the merch? Thinking I may have gone overboard on how many I bought and might have quite a few left over!

No, only cash/card.
But with this weather you can drink some more ;)

Hi!

do you know if there are any local food stores around / in the town of Werchter itself?

I'm camping in A1 and just heard you even have to pay to use a toilet. Is that right? Do you need food tickets for that?

Cheers!

Edited by nysmaw

20 minutes ago, nysmaw said:

Hi!

do you know if there are any local food stores around / in the town of Werchter itself?

I'm camping in A1 and just heard you even have to pay to use a toilet. Is that right? Do you need food tickets for that?

Cheers!

There's a supermarket in Haacht (+/- 3,5km from A1). By foot good for the 1st day as it is almost 6km to and from Haacht. Not for every day unless you have super powers.
You can't pay with RW vouchers on camping A1.

Hi all, mega excited for the weekend now! I'm flying out tomorrow morning to Brussels (we get there at 8am). Does anyone know whether its easier to just jump in a taxi at the airport and go straight to the hive camping rather then using the bus / train? If so, does anyone know what the usual fares are for that sort of journey? Thanks!

13 hours ago, LloydForever said:

Hi guys.

Cheers!

Today, shuttles will run from Leuven to The Hive till 22:00.

26 minutes ago, lagerlout said:

In London now, getting the 15:05 I think. Hopefully grab some drinks in leuven before getting the shuttle bus. Is it drinks vouchers in the hive?

Yes, food/drinks in The Hive is with vouchers.

• Like 1