Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Hey there people, I have a question that is directed to the more experienced Werchter people in here?

It's my first time going to werchter, and I was wondering - how early do I need to arrive to the Barn or Klub C in order to get in? I am taking about the more popular performances(Post Malone, Anderson.Paak,etc.), and how early for the less contested acts? Off course I'm talking about estimates?

Thanks in advance! 

So looking forward to this now.  Just out of a 10 year relationship and not been to a festival since before we met, be nice to reconnect with the things I used to do :)

There are 3 of us heading over from the UK on Eurostar and camping in the Hive, hopefully see some of you there!

right bit of a weird one, looking at the weather forecast and me and my friends are seriously considering bringing a paddling pool to put in the middle of our tents to cool off/help shake the hangover. Reckon this would be doable?

On 6/22/2018 at 12:54 AM, thetechi said:

On 6/25/2018 at 3:12 PM, frontsidecab said:

Mate accidentally got a glass smirnoff bottle in last year so not terribly thorough

#madlad

On 6/25/2018 at 12:54 PM, danegg said:

I was wondering about security too, but for...other stuff. Does anyone know how thorough it tends to be upon arriva

On 6/27/2018 at 4:47 PM, callumG94 said:

Much drugs at the festival or ? 

No drugs ... Have to take your own 

On 6/28/2018 at 3:34 PM, Formal123 said:

Drug related questions **

Ive heard it’s diffcult to find drugs at RW is that true ??

Me and my friends are looking to get mdma / coke , how hard would it be to find people selling these?

also, we are getting the train from Amsterdam, how strict are they when it comes to bringing weed from Amsterdam into Belgium? If I get caught with a bit will they just take it off me or will I get thrown in jail? 

Thanks in advance! 6 days to go €!!!!!!!!

See above

34 minutes ago, Will Holt said:

right bit of a weird one, looking at the weather forecast and me and my friends are seriously considering bringing a paddling pool to put in the middle of our tents to cool off/help shake the hangover. Reckon this wouldable?

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Will Holt said:

right bit of a weird one, looking at the weather forecast and me and my friends are seriously considering bringing a paddling pool to put in the middle of our tents to cool off/help shake the hangover. Reckon this would be doable?

Was thinking of doing this too!!!

18 minutes ago, djd4 said:

Anyone ordered from Tentenzo? Just got an email saying they've changed pickup location to the marketplace. Where is this marketplace? 

I got this email too. It all left me a bit confused. So I would also like to know where the marketplace is if anyone knows? 

Evening everyone! I've probably missed it but is there a lone camper thread this year? A Google search sent me to the one created for last year's festival. A friend and I are going to RW for the first time this year and it would be nice to join up with some people who are in a similar position - RW virgins or otherwise!

Ryan

6 hours ago, Will Holt said:

Hmmm. 
Whilst this would be 'do able" I have a couple of comments/questions.

1. How would find enough water to even slightly fill it? 

Like, even the tiny ones need 20+ litres of water. I'm not saying it's impossible but that's going to take a long time in the middle of a field. 

2. Just be careful, if you have a gazebo as well, the 'camp rangers' were really strict last year, and asked us to move all of our tents closer together because of the lack of room. 
I'm not entirely sure a paddling pool will be seen as 'necessary'!

Have a good one ?

5 hours ago, Diamond24 said:

I got this email too. It all left me a bit confused. So I would also like to know where the marketplace is if anyone knows? 

I got this as well, I have no idea, I went last year and it was outside the hive. Might have to tweet them.

1 hour ago, Will Holt said:

also, just watching AM at TRNSMT and the crowd is mad. What do crowds tend to be like at RW?

Now it's a weird one with Werchter crowds.

Let's take some examples from last year. (Of course all my own opinion).

System of a Down, completely and utterly mental. So much so that Daron said we'd been the best audience of the tour (like yeah he may say that to every crowd but they genuinely seemed thrilled with the response).

Foo Fighters, who I expected to have a huge response and big crowd was a little underwhelming, despite being the last act of the whole festival. They usually do a massive set of bows, walk around, bow together, wave, and then go off 5 minutes later. But the band almost seemed disappointed by the crowd. Maybe it was to do with the fireworks but even so, the Werchter crowd never seemed to get into their stuff. 

There was a noticeable difference in reaction, depending who the band is ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thetechi said:

System of a Down, completely and utterly mental. So much so that Daron said we'd been the best audience of the tour (like yeah he may say that to every crowd but they genuinely seemed thrilled with the response).

Foo Fighters, who I expected to have a huge response and big crowd was a little underwhelming, despite being the last act of the whole festival. They usually do a massive set of bows, walk around, bow together, wave, and then go off 5 minutes later. But the band almost seemed disappointed by the crowd. Maybe it was to do with the fireworks but even so, the Werchter crowd never seemed to get into their stuff. 

System of a Down is not really a band to compare *anybody* with as far as audience reaction goes... maybe Rage Against the Machine. Those are the only shows I've been to where the crowd was so insane they nearly shut the show down.... and one time, they did. 

Foos attract every kind of fan... old, young, casual, mental... and they tour all the time. SOAD rarely tour and attract the moshiest of mosh pits. 

Edited by SonicSleuth

16 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Anyone watching the match in Brussels on Tuesday ??? Where is good atmohere or are there any big screens showing it in a market sq or something ?

We're on the Eurostar now and wondering the same thing

For those who have not been informed yet: the big trees (both rows) between entrance and main stage have been cut down and replaced by lots of small trees. The 300 new trees at random places are still too small to give any shade. Take your cap or hat and lots of sun milk. It's gonna be hot hot hot!
Welcome in Belgium. Have fun, enjoy the music, the Belgian beer, and keep it safe ;)

Edited by micvet
  • Upvote 2

Probably a really stupid Q, but first time going..

1) is the Hivge my space, separated in anyway from normal Hive? or is it just a few plots they save in the hive area?

Also 2) on the Wednesday/other days, I'm assuming you  can go to leuven on the shuttle bus to get cans/food and then get the bus back to the festival grounds?..

Thanks!

14 hours ago, thetechi said:

I agree system every one went crazy the rest of the festival the crowd were quite tame. Arcade fire refused to play unless they livened up. Make of this information what you will. You will also see lots of people with ear buds in.

58 minutes ago, purplebenny1 said:

Probably a really stupid Q, but first time going..

1) is the Hivge my space, separated in anyway from normal Hive? or is it just a few plots they save in the hive area?

Also 2) on the Wednesday/other days, I'm assuming you  can go to leuven on the shuttle bus to get cans/food and then get the bus back to the festival grounds?..

Thanks!

A) they are completley seperate, you can go into the hive entertainment zone when you are in resort/myspace but you cant enter different camp sites.

B ) you can leave as and when you please, there is a curfew though i believe and it would be best to leave at certain times, i dont know how long it takes though so maybe just do one big trip.

I hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ryanp1993 said:

I agree system every one went crazy the rest of the festival the crowd were quite tame. Arcade fire refused to play unless they livened up. Make of this information what you will. You will also see lots of people with ear buds in.

Okay, I don't understand this part... ear buds? For what? Are you suggesting they're listening to other music while at a concert?

Legit confused by this statement.

• Downvote 2