Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

32 minutes ago, funkapotomus said:

Hi guys, might be the wrong place t put this and if so, i apologise!

I made an impulse purchase a while back and got a 4 day ticket with hive camping along with coach travel from Birmingham.  I now can't make it and have only just received my ticket today.  As it's a bit niche I'm not sure where I'd be able to resell it, does anyone have any ideas?  Cheers.

Look through this thread. Especially 3 posts above this one. Theres someone desperately in need of a Hive camping ticket. 

53 minutes ago, funkapotomus said:

I made an impulse purchase a while back and got a 4 day ticket with hive camping along with coach travel from Birmingham.  I now can't make it and have only just received my ticket today.  As it's a bit niche I'm not sure where I'd be able to resell it, does anyone have any ideas?  Cheers.

Hi mate,

Just dropped you a message. I'd love to buy the Hive ticket off you!

1 hour ago, funkapotomus said:

@Tremousse

Drug related questions **

Ive heard it’s diffcult to find drugs at RW is that true ??

Me and my friends are looking to get mdma / coke , how hard would it be to find people selling these?

also, we are getting the train from Amsterdam, how strict are they when it comes to bringing weed from Amsterdam into Belgium? If I get caught with a bit will they just take it off me or will I get thrown in jail? 

Thanks in advance! 6 days to go €!!!!!!!!

Edited by Formal123
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, thetechi said:

1 week to go and hopefully we'll be on site, in the sunshine, drinking the drink we get bored of very quickly but drink it anyway, waiting for the one and only Vaccines!!!! 

Did someone say excited?

I'm absolutely buzzing. Can't stop thinking about MGMT in the new Barn 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Formal123 said:

also, we are getting the train from Amsterdam, how strict are they when it comes to bringing weed from Amsterdam into Belgium? If I get caught with a bit will they just take it off me or will I get thrown in jail

Usually, on the train you should have very little problems transporting anything. Not sure about any checks for different types of connections. They won't put you in jail for small amounts of weed, just don't carry more than 5 gram and don't show it around too much.

Edit: In case you have more it will rather be a fine than jail; you need to have a lot for jail...

Edited by StupidDream

1 hour ago, Formal123 said:

Me and my friends are looking to get mdma / coke , how hard would it be to find people selling these?

also, we are getting the train from Amsterdam, how strict are they when it comes to bringing weed from Amsterdam into Belgium? If I get caught with a bit will they just take it off me or will I get thrown in jail? 

Don't count on finding stuff at RW, especially not harddrugs. I don't advise it but if you want something, bring it yourself.

If you get caught with small amounts of weed, it will get taken away and you will get a fine. If you get caught dealing/with harddrugs/lots of weed, you're in big trouble.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Formal123 said:

Pretty rare mate - I was super impressed with the lack of drugs last year, I have to say!

6 hours ago, ThijsDB said:

Don't count on finding stuff at RW, especially not harddrugs. I don't advise it but if you want something, bring it yourself.

If you get caught with small amounts of weed, it will get taken away and you will get a fine. If you get caught dealing/with harddrugs/lots of weed, you're in big trouble.

Its a really tame crowd in comparison to british festivals going off last year. if you were on md you would stick out like a sore thumb the best you could hope for is some weed. Everyone is very well behaved. Polar opposite to leeds and reading. In any case the beer is great, i hope you have a good time man!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, santowhir said:

Does anyone know where a good place to watch the football in leuven is? I may / may not have to pop out of the festival for a few hours on Saturday.  

You won't have to watch it if Lingard plays against Colombia. 

Otherwise there are screens in The Hive for every match if you've got a Hive ticket, and if Belgium defeats Japan, the Belgian game will be probably broadcasted in North West Walls. 

11 minutes ago, santowhir said:

Does anyone know where a good place to watch the football in leuven is? I may / may not have to pop out of the festival for a few hours on Saturday.  

I dont know any specific bar but Im sure you'll find the right beer and the right atmosphere at the Oude markt.

https://goo.gl/images/toqRsY

Edited by e2p2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, thetechi said:

Pretty rare mate - I was super impressed with the lack of drugs last year, I have to say!

That's a positive thing, right? At least, for me it is...

11 hours ago, Ryanp1993 said:

Its a really tame crowd in comparison to british festivals going off last year. if you were on md you would stick out like a sore thumb the best you could hope for is some weed. Everyone is very well behaved. Polar opposite to leeds and reading. In any case the beer is great, i hope you have a good time man!

I love this about the festival. But hey, I'm an old git who just wants to enjoy the music and a couple of beers. Days of getting loaded and high are well behind me...

Edited by visdave34
  • Upvote 4

Getting incredibly stoked for this festival. While listening to Nine Inch Nails today I reflected on my favorite moment from one of their concerts ever... the video montage for "Right Where it Belongs" on the NIN/QotSA "With Teeth" tour. Here's a cam of that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 6/28/2018 at 4:34 PM, Formal123 said:

Delete your account.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 6/23/2018 at 11:42 PM, SonicSleuth said:

Are you doing an updated shirt for 2018? That would be popular with us lineup nerds! :)

I went for a slightly different approach with the 2018 version but I’m quite happy with how it’s turned out! Which is good because it took quite a while to make the image ?

AE9F52BA-61F2-4AC4-9303-FC4F04CA2E23.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I just realised that my Rock Wercher ticket purchase in March required me to bank tranfer funds.... thus I have forfeited my ticket without realising (until now). What a cock up!

I really need a Hive Camping ticket - does anyone have one I can buy (and be my hero!)

Thank you!

On 6/29/2018 at 10:37 AM, visdave34 said:

That's a positive thing, right? At least, for me it is...

I love this about the festival. But hey, I'm an old git who just wants to enjoy the music and a couple of beers. Days of getting loaded and high are well behind me...

Yeah 100% Visdave.

The main thing I love about the festival is that you can enjoy the incredible lineup and atmosphere with the super chilled out crowd.

• Upvote 2

Silly Question 2 - 

What does everyone do for food at the festival? 
Is there a specific place you religiously go?

Admittedly Werchter is no Glastonbury in that there aren't as many acts as there are vendors but it would still be interesting to know.

For me, the find of the festival was the chicken wing stand last year, I'm not sure what they did to them, but they were the wings of dreams.

On the opposite side, whilst the pizza was nice, the queue was quite literally about an hour and a half long. Mental!

Edited by thetechi

2 hours ago, thetechi said:

Silly Question 2 - 

What does everyone do for food at the festival? 
Is there a specific place you religiously go?

On a budget: waffles

Not on a budget: waffles... And the pasta salads are nice

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1