Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

22 hours ago, strummer77 said:

First time this year and camping in the Hive... so the question for those of you who have been before is what are the general tips and recommendations of things to do etc? 

We did Hive myspace last year - basically reserved camping space.

Last year, I reckon the "normal" Hive was packed - so we were glad of the myspace thing. We bought a bigger space this year since the people around us were very rules based - tent needed to be within the lines!!

Compared with UK festivals, the facilities are absolutely fantastic - clean loos, places to wash/clean teeth, showers!!

They run a voucher system for everything - buy them in advance it'll be way cheaper than on-site. It's one per drink and 1-2 per meal (can me more).

If you're camped close to the Central Park thing, you'll need ear plugs - it's blasting until 4am.

On arrival, the queue to get through security and into the Hive is long - about an hour at least - so have a few drinks with you.

Everyone is mega friendly - you'll have a fab time.

20 minutes ago, lagerlout said:

Do most people buy drinks vouchers up front?  No idea how many I'll need, I'm guessing you just queue to buy them there otherwise?

Definitely - buy up front, it's way cheaper. Although you might want to buy a few on site since the queue to trade in vouchers on the first evening is barking. The credit card queue was empty.

1 voucher per 33cl beer I think. 2 for most food.

You can carry your own booze into the camp sites, but we're stuffed with carrying our kit from the train so will be light on booze.

There are 3 of us and so we've estimated 160 vouchers needed - we'll get 120 in advance and buy 40 when we get there (20 first night, 20 contingency, just in case our livers rebel).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Definitely - buy up front, it's way cheaper. Although you might want to buy a few on site since the queue to trade in vouchers on the first evening is barking. The credit card queue was empty.

1 voucher per 33cl beer I think. 2 for most food.

You can carry your own booze into the camp sites, but we're stuffed with carrying our kit from the train so will be light on booze.

There are 3 of us and so we've estimated 160 vouchers needed - we'll get 120 in advance and buy 40 when we get there (20 first night, 20 contingency, just in case our livers rebel).

A normal beer at the regular stands = 25cl = 1 voucher.
At the Apero the size can be 33cl for some special beers.

50 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

It's the mud for the 5 days that is the bad bit! Although I've never been to Rock Werchter before so it may not suffer with mud as badly as some other fests.

In 2016 there was a downpour and the festival dealt with it soooo well. Sand all across the festival site so the mud didn't become a problem. They handled it really well

Good news for some people here I think:

NEW! After the end of every festival day, a shuttle bus runs from the Leuven train station to the Brussels North, Brussels Central and Brussels South (Midi) train stations. The shuttle bus leaves every night at 2.30 a.m. Book your tickets in advance: https://goo.gl/crfgFd  #RW18

Man, that bus is gonna be a shit show! Haha!

Edited by McCallion

Got good news : after the cancellation of my presence at Beauregard Festival caus emy friend can't attend it, I bought a last minute ticket for Rock Werchter ! But of course, it's late, and the only campsite available was ... C7 x) (I've been to The Hive and A1 in the past, but never so far away) Have you ever experienced it ?

image.thumb.png.8f8f4f9f7e0ec9f45d3fda6daed28ecd.png

45 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Got good news : after the cancellation of my presence at Beauregard Festival caus emy friend can't attend it, I bought a last minute ticket for Rock Werchter ! But of course, it's late, and the only campsite available was ... C7 x) (I've been to The Hive and A1 in the past, but never so far away) Have you ever experienced it ?

image.thumb.png.8f8f4f9f7e0ec9f45d3fda6daed28ecd.png

I cant help with C7 experience, but Im glad you managed to buy a combi ticket before they're sold out. We'll meet for a beer then! 

• Upvote 1

Anyone ever camped in A1 before? missed out on the Hive and was curious if the 'clean loos, places to wash/clean teeth, showers!!' aspect of the Hive was still present in A1?

To be fair, I'm used to going to Leeds Festival so any half decent facilities will to be better than that.

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

I cant help with C7 experience, but Im glad you managed to buy a combi ticket before they're sold out. We'll meet for a beer then! 

Oh yes mate!!! :)

If I remember well, showers and toilets (for poo) are not free in A1, something like cts.

There's a little pub with a great atmosphere at the entrance of the campsite (inside it) and it's really different from the Hive. There are no Playstations, crowds etc but I find that you create easy links with people there. My only advice is : don't set your tent too close to the entrance cause it's noisy (because of a pump linked to showers, + the pub+ à group who comes there every year and turn the music loud) 

21 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Oh yes mate!!! :)

If I remember well, showers and toilets (for poo) are not free in A1, something like cts.

There's a little pub with a great atmosphere at the entrance of the campsite (inside it) and it's really different from the Hive. There are no Playstations, crowds etc but I find that you create easy links with people there. My only advice is : don't set your tent too close to the entrance cause it's noisy (because of a pump linked to showers, + the pub+ à group who comes there every year and turn the music loud) 

They have PlayStations in the hive!?

Tip: don't believe any weather forecast before Sunday 1st of July :)
We have 17°C (+ had some rain in the morning) today and Wednesday it will be 29°C. Some things can change very fast :)
Check www.meteo.be (national weather service) a few days before the festival.