Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Just stupid that they don't open the entertainment zone of the Hive for people without a Hive ticket. Not that I would go though, since I'm sleeping in Leuven and it's always a big, unorganized mess to use the shuttle bus from Werchter to Leuven at night.

19 hours ago, kid bateman said:

What are the possibility that the hive ticket becomes avaialble in the next few weeks? Does anyone have any experience of buying one this late.

Hi,

I have 2 tickets in Hive My Space for sale. My friends were too late and we are moving to regular camping now...

20 hours ago, danegg said:

I know it’s hard to predict it, for anyone that’s been before, what does the weather tend to be like? 

Obviously can change year on year but still...thought I’d ask! 

I've been the last 3 years. 2015 was unbelievably sunny and hot, 2016 was rain and floods, 2017 was 50/50. So it really is pot luck! haha

On 6/8/2018 at 5:53 PM, TheKiewitGuy said:

Just stupid that they don't open the entertainment zone of the Hive for people without a Hive ticket.

They were going to do that last year and had to cancel it at the last minute due to health and safety concerns. The whole thing was a bit of a piss take tbh

On 6/13/2018 at 2:40 PM, McCallion said:

I've been the last 3 years. 2015 was unbelievably sunny and hot, 2016 was rain and floods, 2017 was 50/50. So it really is pot luck! haha

2015 nearly killed me off. Had to sleep with my legs hanging out the tent haha!

• Like 1

Just downloaded my free train tickets and the design is bloody awful haha, got stuff in loads of different colours written over a picture so it's impossible to read it! When it processed it it changed the departing station to "Zone Brussel" so I'm guessing that just covers any station in Brussels?

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Curious. First time at a festival in Europe. Whats the hay fever conditions like? I presume not too different from England. 

If the weather is nice, it's pretty horrible so definitely take your hay fever meds with you haha

21 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

Just downloaded my free train tickets and the design is bloody awful haha, got stuff in loads of different colours written over a picture so it's impossible to read it! When it processed it it changed the departing station to "Zone Brussel" so I'm guessing that just covers any station in Brussels?

Yeah it's a design by the train company they use for all events and it's ugly as hell :P Don't worry about the 'zone' thing, all the Brussels train stations basically count as one big thing.

Basically had a massive cock up where all but one of our group have bought the return big green coach tickets from Manchester and was wondering if anyone was selling one as they have now sold out.

Text me - 07707438010 

EDIT: willing to pay over FV

Edited by RUMINE

Hello all,

I am from the UK and traveling to the festival alone as I do not have anyone to go with (friends can't go ect).

I was wondering if anyone can come with me to the festival. One person or a group would be fine, I'm okay with anything.

I was planning on flying to Belgium, my flight departures and times are as follows:

Departing = Wednesday 4th July in Manchester Airport at 11:05 - Brussels Airport 13:25

Returing = Monday 9th July In Brussels Airport at 20:20 - Manchester Airport 21:35

I would love for someone to go with me, it would be a huge help to have someone to travel with and I will be greatly appreciated.

I'm camping in the Hive if anyone wants to stay with me for the duration of the festival so no one feels alone.

If anyone wants someone to travel with me but has a different means of transport, I'll work around that.

Anyone from the UK who is interested or needs a traveling companion, hit me up and let me know so we can get in touch.

I've been doing my usual study of the lineup on Clashfinder this morning. 
And it's really interesting to compare this and last year's lineups. 

My conclusion is that whilst there are some great headline names (as usual) the fill-in isn't to my taste, especially on Saturday and Sunday.

This time last year I was worried that I wouldn't be able to see everyone I wanted due to clashes and would have to get there at opening as the starting acts were so good, however this year I might wander down at around 4pm, there are quite a few considerably long gaps before several clashes at the ends of the day. 

Has anyone else found this or is it just me...?

PS, just re-read this and I don't want to sound all negative, just voicing my thoughts - still very much excited for the festival ?

15 minutes ago, thetechi said:

My conclusion is that whilst there are some great headline names (as usual) the fill-in isn't to my taste, especially on Saturday and Sunday.

This time last year I was worried that I wouldn't be able to see everyone I wanted due to clashes and would have to get there at opening as the starting acts were so good, however this year I might wander down at around 4pm, there are quite a few considerably long gaps before several clashes at the ends of the day. 

PS, just re-read this and I don't want to sound all negative, just voicing my thoughts - still very much excited for the festival ?

Actually Im quite annoyed that I have to get up early to see short sets of Albert Hammond Jr.,  Courteeners, Susanne Sundfør and Gang of Youths. Good problems to have :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Actually Im quite annoyed that I have to get up early to see short sets of Albert Hammond Jr.,  Courteeners, Susanne Sundfør and Gang of Youths. Good problems to have :P 

Haha so true! 
I'm really surprised Courteeners have such a short set actually...

I will do a little more research before hopefully eating my words :P 

1 hour ago, thetechi said:

Funnily enough for me it's the other way around. Last year to my tastes the headliners were top notch, but I wasn't too bothered with the undercard. This time around, besides great headliners (bar friday), also the undercard has a lot more to offer than last year. Especially that Saturday and Sunday!

It all comes down to taste, as usual... :)