Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

22 hours ago, greenkomodo said:

How to get from Leuven to Brussels city centre or Airport after Pearl Jam?! Last train seems to be 00.44am.

Also looking for 1 pearl jam day ticket. +44 7969524527

There is no public transport to Brussels after the headliners. Shuttlles go to Leuven only.
1. Take the first train in the morning
2. Taxi (expensive + always chaos)
3. Rent a car

On 6/3/2018 at 6:55 AM, micvet said:

There is no public transport to Brussels after the headliners. Shuttlles go to Leuven only.
1. Take the first train in the morning
2. Taxi (expensive + always chaos)
3. Rent a car

4. Stay for the awesome Sunday shows! :)

Are there no Uber/Lyft type ridesharing options in Belgium? That's what we do in the States!

• Downvote 1

Hello everyone..this is my first year at Rock Wercther. I don't know if someone asked this before. How to I get to the festival from Charleroi Airport? I stay at the hive and the website says to go to Leuven Station but i can't find any train from the airport. Should i take the train from Brussels? 

And then from Leuven Station is there a shuttle to the festival?

29 minutes ago, bss444 said:

Hello everyone..this is my first year at Rock Wercther. I don't know if someone asked this before. How to I get to the festival from Charleroi Airport? I stay at the hive and the website says to go to Leuven Station but i can't find any train from the airport. Should i take the train from Brussels? 

Hey dude. You need to take a bus from Charleroi airport to the Charleroi Sud train station (it goes from outside the terminal) and then a train from Charleroi to Leuven (i think you have to change trains at Brussels Nord).

And yeah, theres a shuttle from Leuven train station to the festival :)

Edited by McCallion

2 hours ago, bss444 said:

In addition to what @McCallion said, this route takes some time (unlike the Brussels airport route) . On the way to Leuven pay attention to how long it takes. A few years ago we happily chatted with new festival friends we met on the train without paying enough attention so on the way back we ended missing our only flight home from the airport. 

Edited by e2p2

6 hours ago, Bazac450 said:

Hi, we are travelling from Australia and coming in from London on the Eurostar, what would be the best thing to do with our important documents (passport)? Lockers at Brussels central station? 

there are lockers at the festival site too

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bazac450 said:

Hi, we are travelling from Australia and coming in from London on the Eurostar, what would be the best thing to do with our important documents (passport)? Lockers at Brussels central station? 

Lockers at the festival are definitely your best bet. Get one early on the Wednesday (or Thursday if you're travelling late). They have EU chargers in them as well for phones

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

Lockers at the festival are definitely your best bet. Get one early on the Wednesday (or Thursday if you're travelling late). They have EU chargers in them as well for phones

Where abouts are these lockers? We will be in the hive resort 

Just now, Bazac450 said:

Where abouts are these lockers? We will be in the hive resort 

They have them in The Hive and I'm sure they'll have them in the resort as well. If not, you can use the ones in The Hive Entertainment Zone over the way :)

Edited by McCallion

On 6/4/2018 at 7:32 PM, Nicklord said:

Watched Snow Patrol yesterday. I thought they might be good live and I really wanted to enjoy it but that was just so boring. Crowd was dead too and they failed to engage them. Didn't help it really :lol:

I've seen them a few times on home turf and they've always been very good! They clash with Chvrches this year though so i'll be betraying my kin for some Scots :unsure:

6 minutes ago, santowhir said:

So you can only watch the football if you pay extra and you're camping? That sucks.

Are you really complaining that they have amenities for campers that non-campers don't get? You can watch football at home, or in a bar, or wherever else you choose. This is an amenity for those of us who have chosen to hang in the Hive for four days. 

Folks will complain about anything.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Phantom_Zone said:

I've seen them a few times on home turf and they've always been very good! They clash with Chvrches this year though so i'll be betraying my kin for some Scots :unsure:

Wait till their home shows is my recommendation. I don't think people in Belgium are gonna know much of their stuff 

16 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

Are you really complaining that they have amenities for campers that non-campers don't get? You can watch football at home, or in a bar, or wherever else you choose. This is an amenity for those of us who have chosen to hang in the Hive for four days. 

Folks will complain about anything.

If England get to the quarter finals I will be watching it because I know how unlikely that event is. It just means I will have to make a decision that my girlfriend will probably not agree with ?

On 6/4/2018 at 3:21 PM, SonicSleuth said:

4. Stay for the awesome Sunday shows! :)

Are there no Uber/Lyft type ridesharing options in Belgium? That's what we do in the States!

Uber may be an option but its not a short drive from Leuven to Brussels. Also surge pricing will be a bitch.

2 hours ago, McCallion said:

Uber may be an option but its not a short drive from Leuven to Brussels. Also surge pricing will be a bitch.

Yet another reason to stay at Rock Werchter! :)

Is anyone else so completely stoked they can hardly stand it? I honestly can't believe how many great bands I'm going to see. Overload.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1