Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

2 hours ago, Bib123 said:

If we have camping A1 tickets can we still go into the Hive? Basically we just want to party... Whats A1 like for late night partying?

I'm not sure if you can and I'm almost certain you can't.  Think it's only for Hive and Hive resort punters.  Someone more knowledgeable will give you definite answer. 

Just reading up on the campsites, glad we went for the hive now as I didn't know the difference!  Didn't realise there would be cooking facilities, does this mean I just need a mess tin and some tins of food?  And a few pot noodles as there are kettles.  Seems so much more civilised than the last time I went to Download.

EDIT:  There is mention of a Proximus powerbank, I'm guessing you pay to borrow one?  I have my own power bank, which I figured I'd charge each day ready to recharge my devices at night.  Is there secure places to recharge stuff?  Or is the proximus one you can just return and swap for another full one?

Edited by lagerlout
Added stuff

1 hour ago, fernandomassuy said:

Bought 60 tokens (150 euro). Not much of a drinker, should average around 5 beers per day, should that be enough? Considering lunch + snack + dinner

You save 10% on buying in advance, so I'll be grabbing some but not too many.  Probably get 40-60 up front then see how I get on, I do drink a lot but mainly cider and I can't imagine there will be any good stuff there.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, lagerlout said:

You save 10% on buying in advance, so I'll be grabbing some but not too many.  Probably get 40-60 up front then see how I get on, I do drink a lot but mainly cider and I can't imagine there will be any good stuff there.

Can't remember ever seeing cider in the arena. Jupiler lager or Hoegaarden stuff was only choice in bars. There was a new fancy bar next to the barn but it was pretty busy.  Jupiler is pretty gassy stuff and a struggle to drink for an extended period.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Can't remember ever seeing cider in the arena. Jupiler lager or Hoegaarden stuff was only choice in bars. There was a new fancy bar next to the barn but it was pretty busy.  Jupiler is pretty gassy stuff and a struggle to drink for an extended period.  

Thanks.  Yeah, I figured as much, guess I need to carry as much as possible over from Brussels!

5 minutes ago, lagerlout said:

Thanks.  Yeah, I figured as much, guess I need to carry as much as possible over from Brussels!

We tended to buy in Leuven almost directly across from bus and train station. Saves dragging a load of booze around Brussels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

We tended to buy in Leuven almost directly across from bus and train station. Saves dragging a load of booze around Brussels. 

Just looking now, and yeah think we'll do that.  I get to Brussels about 3pm on the Wednesday, so should be plenty of time to grab supplies then get set up.  Pretty sure I'll just need alcohol, although could end up spending a fortune on food.  Shame they don't let you cook there, are there big queues for the hot plates and kettles in the camping area?

On 5/16/2018 at 7:43 PM, lagerlout said:

Just reading up on the campsites, glad we went for the hive now as I didn't know the difference!  Didn't realise there would be cooking facilities, does this mean I just need a mess tin and some tins of food?  And a few pot noodles as there are kettles.  Seems so much more civilised than the last time I went to Download.

EDIT:  There is mention of a Proximus powerbank, I'm guessing you pay to borrow one?  I have my own power bank, which I figured I'd charge each day ready to recharge my devices at night.  Is there secure places to recharge stuff?  Or is the proximus one you can just return and swap for another full one?

I'm also interested in the charging/power bank situation if anyone knows 

2 hours ago, lagerlout said:

Just looking now, and yeah think we'll do that.  I get to Brussels about 3pm on the Wednesday, so should be plenty of time to grab supplies then get set up.  Pretty sure I'll just need alcohol, although could end up spending a fortune on food.  Shame they don't let you cook there, are there big queues for the hot plates and kettles in the camping area?

I never used the cooking facilities.  There's a load of food stalls opposite Hive camping and they're spot on.  2 hot dogs and a coffee in the morning was around 10 euros and filled me up until I went into festival.  There's stalls all the way from the campsite to the arena.   

58 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

I'm also interested in the charging/power bank situation if anyone knows 

There's charging points in the arena but not sure about campsites.  Best suggestion is take a decent portable charger with you.  My one does about 5 charges and covered the weekend without any problem.

19 minutes ago, thetime said:

What are the ticket sales like? Combis close to selling out? I’m a bit late to the party this year, won’t know until end of next week if I can get the time off the treadmill. 

I believe combi tickets and Thursday and Friday tickets are still for sale. 

Generally tickets sales are as slow this year as I've ever seen. 

20 hours ago, Red Day said:

I never used the cooking facilities.  There's a load of food stalls opposite Hive camping and they're spot on.  2 hot dogs and a coffee in the morning was around 10 euros and filled me up until I went into festival.  There's stalls all the way from the campsite to the arena.   

There's charging points in the arena but not sure about campsites.  Best suggestion is take a decent portable charger with you.  My one does about 5 charges and covered the weekend without any problem.

There is a charging point on the hive and hive resort, the powerbanks by proximus are 6 vouchers and when you return it you get 5 back, or you can get a new full charger for 1 voucher, but as he says it is advisable to bring a decent size powerbank 

Edited by Evo Music

1 hour ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I believe combi tickets and Thursday and Friday tickets are still for sale. 

Generally tickets sales are as slow this year as I've ever seen. 

Cheers for that.

Was not sure if they had published tickets being low on combis.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:26 PM, Argyris Mertyris said:

Hi guys,

I brought for me and 2 friends, 3 combi festival & 3 hive camping tickets. Unfortunately we can't make it this year, so we d like to sell them at lower prices.

If anyone is interested, pls e-mail me at: pj.avocado@hotmail.com 

A huge Pearl Jam fan from Greece

Argyris 

Sent you an email

10 hours ago, thetime said:

What are the ticket sales like? Combis close to selling out? I’m a bit late to the party this year, won’t know until end of next week if I can get the time off the treadmill. 

They didnt announce the traditional last tickets alert yet so you have time, but do note that some of the camping options are already sold out. 

My trip is officially all planned! London - Werchter - Paris - Madrid (Mad Cool) - Valencia.

Now, I just need to find some camping buddies in the Hive and buy a tent/sleeping bag somewhere between London and Leuven! Any recommendations for a Wal-Mart or Target-style "Buy your camping junk for cheap" over there? I'm traveling alone!

• Downvote 1

On May 19, 2018 at 5:07 PM, SonicSleuth said:

My trip is officially all planned! London - Werchter - Paris - Madrid (Mad Cool) - Valencia.

Now, I just need to find some camping buddies in the Hive and buy a tent/sleeping bag somewhere between London and Leuven! Any recommendations for a Wal-Mart or Target-style "Buy your camping junk for cheap" over there? I'm traveling alone!

Hey man, there's a European sporting goods chain called Decathlon, they have relatively cheap gear.  I'm not sure if you'll be going through Brussels or not but there's one in the city center within walking distance of the train station.  As far as camping goes, there's a thread for loner campers on this site.  An option anyways. Cheers.

Does anyone have a hd version of the updated line up poster with the corrections? I.E: a poster with Sons & Millionaire.

All the versions I've seen are quite low res and don't look very good when I edit them.