Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

6 hours ago, fernandomassuy said:

35 minutes??? surely the site must be wrong...

Its probably not a mistake, each country and festivals are different. You can often see very established acts playing RW in weird slots and/or short sets. You can see this year Albert Hammond Jr with four albums out already playing half an hour. if you look back at previous editions you see established acts with at least four albums playing shockingly short sets, artists like Frightened Rabbit, Cage the Elephant, Enter Shikari, Modest Mouse (though they cancelled their tour) and probably more I don't remember right now. I agree it is disappointing having them play just 35 minutes, but if the alternative (Walking on Cars) is not for you, Im sure WA will be a great (short) fun!

Someone said the line-up was complete, but I still think they will add another name for the slope on thursday and two more names on saturday. That way each day will have the same number of acts per stage.

Edited by GerryL

On 21/04/2018 at 3:19 PM, kurtreilly said:

Hello everyone, 

This might sound quite strange, but does anybody know how strict the Hive are with their MySpace plots?

We have booked a 6 person space but are hoping to sneak 7 in.

Would they throw us out or anything if we try that?

Cheers

I found the security crews last year in the Hive Resort very officious compared to year before.   Those at the desks when you check in will scan your tickets and if you've only six then I doubt very much that they'll let a seventh in. Last year we had a seven person tipi but only six of us were there.  I gave the seventh ticket to someone on here so they could get into Hive camping.  That's probably the easiest way to get a seventh person in

hey people - just wondering if anyone had any recommendations about coolboxes? Did Leeds twice without on warm carlsberg so want to try and enjoy the beer a bit more this time round - any suggestions? Also, anyone know if they sell ice anywhere? cheers

On 4/27/2018 at 2:40 PM, GerryL said:

Someone said the line-up was complete, but I still think they will add another name for the slope on thursday and two more names on saturday. That way each day will have the same number of acts per stage.

I might be wrong but I thought they were keeping those spots open on the Saturday for the football

About to buy my ticket.

They have hive camping and. Hive camping my space

My space seems a bit expensive. Is it worth it (more facilities)?

Or just an area in the main camp site,   is the standard hive ok?

Won't get there til about midday on the Thursday.  Only need spot for 2 tents

Edited by brendan84

3 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Setlist looks pretty good, hoping some of that AM stuff gets swapped out for more new stuff. I'd like it if they followed the one from each album for the first 12 songs pattern at Werchter. 

I reckon they'll put a lot more in once the album comes out, they did the same with AM, had a few new ones in the warm up shows and then most of them for the tour after. 

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, frontsidecab said:

Setlist looks pretty good, hoping some of that AM stuff gets swapped out for more new stuff. I'd like it if they followed the one from each album for the first 12 songs pattern at Werchter. 

I'm more hopeful some of the old tracks I haven't seen in the 3 occasions I've seen the band so far make an appearance. But I get the feeling AM tracks are probably ahead of the other 4 in the queue when it comes to oldies.

10 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Probably will be something like 5 from AM, 5/6 from TBHC and around 10 from the rest, if the most recent setlists are anything to go by

If they did longer sets with, say, 12 from AM and the new album, and then 12 in total from the other 4 LP's (3 from each), then I reckon that would work.

But yeah, it'll most likely be something like that.