Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

When I used to live in Liverpool we'd fly from Manchester to Charleroi with Ryanair but I know prices have gone up this year. I''ve got one mate who still lives there whos getting a train to London and then the Eurostar to Brussels. Theres not much in it so i'd just compare the two options and see which is better for price / timings.

Eurostar seems to be pretty cheap this year, cheaper than usual or perhaps my memory is going.

I find the euro star much more pleasant in terms of travel.

It's quicker to get through the baggage checks / customs, it's relatively cheap, you can get up and walk around (to the bar) while your travelling and it only takes a couple of hours from london to brussels.

The main issue, like myself is the cost from liverpool/london on the train. But you might be lucky to get cheap virgin train tickets if you book pretty soon.

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

How far is the main camping area (hive) from the car parks? Is it similar to the resort a few minutes? 

Both are huge though, so yes: from the front row of the car park to the entrance of the hive it's a few minutes, but if you're unlucky to be at the back of both parking and hive (which happened to me ofc), it could easily become a 30-45 minutes walk.

Edited by visdave34

On 4/18/2018 at 8:41 AM, McCallion said:

Yeah, as said above. Tends to be branded parties from Studio Brussel and Red Bull. Also there's usually some mad Lipton Ice Tea party on the Wednesday.

I don''t know much about drugs at the festival, but I would advise that checks in and out of the festival have become more heightened in recent years due to terror attacks in Belgium. Before you go into the festival every day you have to go through body scanners / metal detectors and put items in your pockets in a clear plastic bag.

Okay man,

Thanks for replying again. Yeah i can't imagine it would be too hard to find but he won't be trying to take any in or I won't be going in with him hahah.

Have a good festival 

Another newbie here,

Me and a couple of pals are heading over to RW for the first time and i've got a few questions about it for those who've been going the past few years (especially from the UK).

Apologise if it's come up in discussions before but...

1) How strict are the Eurostar on what you can take with you on the trains? can you bring alcohol etc...

2)What are the crowds like compared to other festivals and is there any stage that you would say is better than rest of them from a        quality of crowd perspective?

3) We're going to pre-buy tokens for drinks in the arena, how many would you say is a good amount to get if they're only being used on alcohol for all 4 days?

Cheers

1. You can take alcohol on the eurostar. This is what it says on their website "12 bottles or cans of beer or 6 bottles of wine or 3 bottles of spirits per traveller". They do have the right to confiscate it if they wish, but I imagine they only do this on extreme situations.

2. I find the barn tends to be my favourite stage. Bit more mature / chilled / friendly. But that's just my personal preference. Klub C tends to be more of a younger crowd and you can tell this by the acts they put on there. Main stage is what you'd expect at any festival. But in general it's all pretty much the same experience. 

3. Jupiler beer is a token each (think it works out at about 2.5 euro). It's smaller than a pint so I normally double up when I'm at the bar. 

Edited by santowhir
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kurtreilly said:

Hello everyone, 

This might sound quite strange, but does anybody know how strict the Hive are with their MySpace plots?

We have booked a 6 person space but are hoping to sneak 7 in.

Would they throw us out or anything if we try that?

Cheers

You would struggle I think. My Space is located inside The Hive as a whole, which means your friend would at least have to have a standard The Hive pass just to get through the entrance by scanning the barcode on their wristband. Then the My Space is fenced off to the left with someone at the entrance checking as you enter. I did see someone climbing under the fence to the back of it last year, but your friend would have to do that every day so the likelihood you'd go the whole weekend without being spotted would be slim I'd imagine.

As I say, at the very least they'd be spending 27.50 on The Hive, there's no way you'd get past security without a wristband there every day. So for another 50 euros, I'd just bite the bullet and pay for an extra My Space if I was you.

On 4/17/2018 at 3:51 PM, callumG94 said:

Awesome, sounds like it's definitely worth the money considering there's 8 of us as well.

What kind of parties are there after music finishes ? silent discos etc I imagine is it ?

Also, feel free to ignore this, i am not sure how appropriate is it but one of my friends has said to ask how easy it is to get drugs ?

i would say you got about a 1% chance of finding anything - speaking from experience. 

Your friend would probably need to go to acquire for a bigger city, although my friend struggled when we went to gent last year prior to fest and couldn't even score there!!!

good luck

I hadn't listened to Jack White prior to this line-up, thought Lazaretto was cool but couldn't really get into a lot of his stuff. Really looking forward to him now after Boarding House Reach and even enjoying some of the older stuff more.

Having a similar problem with Pearl Jam, really enjoy Alive and Even Flow as I know them from hearing them growing up but haven't really gotten into any of the other stuff in the same way. Just listening through Spotify nothing has necessarily jumped out at me, I know I'm missing some good stuff and would like to be more familiar with it before I see them. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

2 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

I hadn't listened to Jack White prior to this line-up, thought Lazaretto was cool but couldn't really get into a lot of his stuff. Really looking forward to him now after Boarding House Reach and even enjoying some of the older stuff more.

Having a similar problem with Pearl Jam, really enjoy Alive and Even Flow as I know them from hearing them growing up but haven't really gotten into any of the other stuff in the same way. Just listening through Spotify nothing has necessarily jumped out at me, I know I'm missing some good stuff and would like to be more familiar with it before I see them. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

Happily volunteered to make two quick playlists, one for the 'softer' side of them and one for the 'rockish' side, both without any song from Ten. It's definitely not a best-of playlist, just a collection of songs. I'm sure you'll find songs that you'll like in there and even some songs you already familiar with.

And the other one:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Happily volunteered to make two quick playlists, one for the 'softer' side of them and one for the 'rockish' side, both without any song from Ten. It's definitely not a best-of playlist, just a collection of songs. I'm sure you'll find songs that you'll like in there and even some songs you already familiar with.

And the other one:

Thank you mate! This is perfect.