Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

2 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

So how long are the walks between each stage? There's quite a few for me that overlap by 15 mins or start and end at the same time. 

Only about 5-10 minutes, depending if you end up trying to get somewhere the same time as everyone else. 

The trouble will be trying to get into The Barn during/just before who you want to see, it can be quite packed in there and they eventually close it. I assume Klub C will be similar but I didn't actually end up going in last year. 

Fortunately a few of my worst clashes mean I'll be in the barn/Klub c then going to main stage for someone, which will obviously be a lot easier. 

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

The trouble will be trying to get into The Barn during/just before who you want to see, it can be quite packed in there and they eventually close it. I assume Klub C will be similar but I didn't actually end up going in last year. 

I’m really curious to what extent this problem will be solved by enlarging the Barn from 14k to 20k capacity this year. You’d think it will make quite the difference. 

Oh, and Wolf Alice at the Slope and Franz Ferdinand in KlubC?! Will be crazy crowded, no?

Edited by visdave34

2 hours ago, visdave34 said:

I’m really curious to what extent this problem will be solved by enlarging the Barn from 14k to 20k capacity this year. You’d think it will make quite the difference. 

Oh, and Wolf Alice at the Slope and Franz Ferdinand in KlubC?! Will be crazy crowded, no?

Yeah really surprised Wolf Alice are on there, if it's as intimate as it sounds it'll be a great one to be at! It does mention it's an 'open-air arena' so hopefully its not a case of it getting closed when full, you just might not get a great view. 

Hey guys! 

First time in RW and couldn't be more excited. However, I don't understand fully how it works, so I'd appreciate your help. 

As London Grammar finishes at 22:30 and Anderson Paak starts at 22:15 and I'd like to see the most of both (Anderson preferably), how should I do it? Is it possible to leave Londons show at about 22:10 and run to Anderson, or do I risk not going in? When should I leave Londons show? Any tips? Should I be at the back at Londons show so it will be easier to get out, or it wouldn't make a big difference?

Thanks! 

Edited by Ohad

2 hours ago, adequate8 said:

How big are the stages/tents? Could someone compare each to glasto/latitude? 

The Barn is has a 20k capacity, KluB C is 8k or 10k, the main stage is huge but not as big as the Pyramid stage, probably can hold 60-70k as that's the number of tickets for 1 day-1 stage festivals over the site. The Slope is a little unknown but should be small.

11 hours ago, Ohad said:

Hey guys! 

First time in RW and couldn't be more excited. However, I don't understand fully how it works, so I'd appreciate your help. 

As London Grammar finishes at 22:30 and Anderson Paak starts at 22:15 and I'd like to see the most of both (Anderson preferably), how should I do it? Is it possible to leave Londons show at about 22:10 and run to Anderson, or do I risk not going in? When should I leave Londons show? Any tips? Should I be at the back at Londons show so it will be easier to get out, or it wouldn't make a big difference?

Thanks! 

It depends on the new Barn tent entries so its hard to tell. before they had gates, you could run from the main stage into the tent in 5 minutes and enjoy the show from the back. Since the gates system introduced you had to plan your time better and arrive early for big artists because they closed the gates when they feel its full, while sometimes it really isnt. To my understanding last year it was the worst, sometimes closing the tent entrance 30 minutes before the show, but this year with the increased capacity, it should be better. If Paak is more important, make sure to leave LG at least 30 minutes before, to be on the safe side and to get a decent spot.

Edited by e2p2

Gonna catch about 10 acts a day based on this timetable, it's looking good. Will be gutted if Wolf Alice and Ben Howard clash though as the clashfinder suggests. Not really sure it'll be as straightforward as direct Barn clashing if they haven't been able to confirm times yet, might also be that they need a few more slope names for the couple of days they are short. 

Overall I'm quite satisfied with this schedule, except for the friday. It's almost offensive that Franz Ferdinand and Wolf Alice are playing on the 3rd and 4th stage when acts as The Kooks and Russ (haven't even seen him mentioned here) are playing mainstage.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Finge said:

Overall I'm quite satisfied with this schedule, except for the friday. It's almost offensive that Franz Ferdinand and Wolf Alice are playing on the 3rd and 4th stage when acts as The Kooks and Russ (haven't even seen him mentioned here) are playing mainstage.  

Yeah I can't get my head around that, you'd think Franz Ferdinand in place of Russ and Wolf Alice swapping with IAMDDB, Tom Walker or Dermot Kennedy would make sense?

Friday clashes are a bit annoying for me. Snow Patrol clashing with CHVRCHES followed by Wolf Alice clashing with Ben Howard. I want to see all 4 of those, and it's then followed by a London Grammar and Franz Ferdinand clash where I'm not bothered by either. I wish it was a shuffled around a bit better, ah well! 

8 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

Friday clashes are a bit annoying for me. Snow Patrol clashing with CHVRCHES followed by Wolf Alice clashing with Ben Howard. I want to see all 4 of those, and it's then followed by a London Grammar and Franz Ferdinand clash where I'm not bothered by either. I wish it was a shuffled around a bit better, ah well! 

i think rw as a festival is amazing for preventing clashes, look at reading, glasto, v fest (now rize), they almost set it up to clash and most have weaker lineups (except glasto of course). Clashes are inevitable, if all the clashes you have are 2 (technically) you should be quite happy i reckon!

2 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

i think rw as a festival is amazing for preventing clashes, look at reading, glasto, v fest (now rize), they almost set it up to clash and most have weaker lineups (except glasto of course). Clashes are inevitable, if all the clashes you have are 2 (technically) you should be quite happy i reckon!

Yeah, I guess you're right. It could be a lot worse! 

44 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

Also the set times for The Slope haven't been released yet, so Wolf Alice are just in a random slot at the moment on the clashfinder...:)So might not be clashing with Ben Howard

4 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Also the set times for The Slope haven't been released yet, so Wolf Alice are just in a random slot at the moment on the clashfinder...:)So might not be clashing with Ben Howard

Ah right, I assumed the times for all the stages had been released and was going from the clash finder  Just checked the website and can see that the slope has no times and a few more names to add. Cheers 

3 hours ago, Radioactive said:

thanks started listenign - came across a song called faces of light, sounded v good.

think they are the sort of band you need to watch live as they have some strange undertones.

I've only found out about Rival Sons because of the RW line up. I have to agree, they sound like they'd be a real good live band

• Upvote 1