Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

40 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Well, your opinion obviously differ from mine. Really expecting a superb video from you now;)

I love this video, the Halloween make-up adds something, and even if the sound isn't perfect, the cameramen did a great job! 

6 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Excellent idea @McCallion ! 

I start with Isaac Gracie on Friday! Videos with his band are pretty rare on YouTube, he almost has solo shows. He's excellent, very influenced by grunge music and Brit Pop, so he has a very singular universe; both Arctic Monkeys and Pearl Jam fans will probably love it : 

Otherwise on Thursday, we've got Gang Of Youths :

Saturday is pretty unreal with The Struts back to RW, there are just fresh air, true rock'n'rollas : 

And a special mention to Kaleo on Sunday, cause even if they don't need any introduction they have become so freakin good, check out their performance last week-end at Lollapalooza, they have improved their skills on stage this year :

5 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

And here's Wolf Alice - Giant Peach. Love her screaming towards the end of the song:)

Bar the Struts, I hope all of them will play in one of the tents. I know Kaleo were supposed to play at the main stage last year and Wolf Alice were born to be a main stage beast but both can tear the Barn down. Gang Of Youth are probably my biggest find (new for me) in this festival season. Let Me Down Easy is such a fantastic song.

Triggerfinger at midnight in KLUB C is MAD. Big clash with Gorillaz.

Otherwise, Sunday has awful clashes. Kaleo vs George Ezra, Eels VS David Byrne, Gallagher vs Nine Inch Nails (in te BARN !!!), and Arctic Monkeys vs Fever Ray in the Barn. Saturday on main stage is incredible...

3 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Wolf Alice on The Slope is a surprise!

Im sure The Magic Gang weren't on the line up before? 

"Time to start planning. Oh, there’s more: joining the Saturday bill are STIKSTOF, Flight Facilities and The Magic Gang."

As someone already pointed out; Sunday has horrible clashes, most prominently Eels and David Byrne and Noel and NIN. Still not as bad as a NickCave/NIN-clash though:)

By the way, surprised tickets hasn't sold out yet. The Werchter organisation usually writes that tickets are "selling like hot cakes" but not this year. 

So pretty bad clashes for Belgian/England football fans, if either get to the quarter final that is...

Winner of the group would be in the quarter final Friday 20:00 clashing with Chvrches, London Grammar, Franz Ferdinand, Ben Howard, Snow Patrol... runner up would play Saturday 16:00 clashing with stereophonics, stone sour, kaleo, eels and you'd probably struggle to see JP Cooper or MGMT too if you've got to get up to/back from The Hive. 

Might have to give it a miss that's some big acts either day, probably more likely to be an issue for Belgians than English anyway :lol: