Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

2 hours ago, tmolvik said:

Does anyone else have problems with Clashfinder? I'm being told by Chrome that their security certificate has expired.

2 hours ago, Aech said:

Same

Same here, hopefully will be resolved soon

• Downvote 1

On 20/03/2018 at 8:23 AM, Phantom_Zone said:

Brandon Flowers *is* The Killers...I saw him at Oxegen a few years ago as himself and the set was amazing...tent was half empty which baffled me...either people dont know his name or they think, na...its not The Killers , next!

75% of his solo stuff is rubbish tbf. Saw him in Birmingham on his last tour and he injected the set with Killers hits at regular enough intervals to keep the crowd onside but it could've gone horribly wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Coming over from the UK for this one with a few mates. Just wondering if there is much going on after the headliner finishes every night? Ie similar to Relentless / Piccadilly Party at Leeds festival. Hit me up if anyone knows anything :)

2 hours ago, Will Holt said:

Coming over from the UK for this one with a few mates. Just wondering if there is much going on after the headliner finishes every night? Ie similar to Relentless / Piccadilly Party at Leeds festival. Hit me up if anyone knows anything :)

When the mainstage act is done, everything at the festival park is done.
You can however party on at the hive camping where there is an after party with dj's

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

As long as I''ll be able to see Nick Cave and Nine Inch Nails, I'll be fine.

Being able to see Arctic Monkeys would be a big plus of course! Byrne is also a must see for me, but I'm not dreading a clash with Cave/NiN. Oh, and if RW is reading along: if you manage to let me see Eels, Fever Ray, Noel Gallagher and Idles as well, then I'll send you some flowers. ^_^

Idles will probably open one of the stages so chance of a clash is fairly small here
i think these might clash: eels, noel, byrne, cave and nin are all up there later on in the night i guess. pretty scared for the clashes here too

4 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Check out how good have become The Killers... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJraDdRb5E

They are a fucking great live band, whatever you think of them. Also pretty much every song they played in that set was released as a (pretty successful) single - about 10 were in the Top 20 in UK back when people paid for music :P. Not many bands can show up and do that. Hope y'all enjoy them :) 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, gregory said:

They are a fucking great live band, whatever you think of them. Also pretty much every song they played in that set was released as a (pretty successful) single - about 10 were in the Top 20 in UK back when people paid for music :P. Not many bands can show up and do that. Hope y'all enjoy them :) 

I remember when they played at Vieilles Charrues ten years ago.. Springsteen was the headliner. They already had some anthems like Mr Brightside or Somebody Told Me, but I had never imagined they would grow up like this and become that good! They looked like beginners  compared to Springsteen back in the day! Now they still look like beginners compared to him but they are awesome :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 3/20/2018 at 1:28 AM, Aech said:

After watching live performances, I'm now far less excited for Gorillaz and much more excited for The Killers. Even if the two new guitarists and bass players in The Killers are lacking personality Brandon Flowers does such a great job.

I saw them on the arena tour in Manchester and while there wasn't much personality or atmosphere on the stage (i think that has a lot to do with the amount of featured guests who aren't there and just playing a vocal tracks with a video) but the crowd atmosphere was a proper party

I've seen The Killers a few times in various gigs in Ireland and once in Razzmatazz in Barcelona...the Razzmatazz gig was unbelievably good...smallish venue and great views no matter where you stood...as others have said, even playing a best of setlist would be a great party!

As it looks like we might have a little break from news, thought it might be nice to start sharing music from bands on the lineup we'd recommend.

If you don't know Sam Fender, I'd recommend checking him out. A great new artist that I've had the pleasure of hanging out with in the past, very chilled pop music with lyrics that actually mean something. This cover of Bruce is a good place to start, then check out his own tunes, Play God and Friday Fighting are probably top of my list. 

2 hours ago, McCallion said:

As it looks like we might have a little break from news, thought it might be nice to start sharing music from bands on the lineup we'd recommend.

If you don't know Sam Fender, I'd recommend checking him out. A great new artist that I've had the pleasure of hanging out with in the past, very chilled pop music with lyrics that actually mean something. This cover of Bruce is a good place to start, then check out his own tunes, Play God and Friday Fighting are probably top of my list. 

Really happy with the quality of acts on The Slope (assuming they are the ones in the smallest font). Wasn't expecting much from it but with The Amazons, Isaac Gracie, Sam Fender and Tom Grennan looks like I'll be spending a fair bit of time there! Might give The Academic and Durand Jones a look too depending who they clash with. 

Just now, alexlloyd said:

Really happy with the quality of acts on The Slope (assuming they are the ones in the smallest font). Wasn't expecting much from it but with The Amazons, Isaac Gracie, Sam Fender and Tom Grennan looks like I'll be spending a fair bit of time there! Might give The Academic and Durand Jones a look too depending who they clash with. 

I'm really interested how they lay it out. If bands like The Amazons are actually playing the slope it'll have to be a lot bigger than I initially thought it would be. In my mind it was gonna be a microphone and a portable PA with a load of Belgian's singing Brown Eyed Girl! Hahah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

I'm really interested how they lay it out. If bands like The Amazons are actually playing the slope it'll have to be a lot bigger than I initially thought it would be. In my mind it was gonna be a microphone and a portable PA with a load of Belgian's singing Brown Eyed Girl! Hahah

Yeah, thats what I thought :lol: I didn't fully believe it was those bands until they said the line up was complete, and there's more acts than usual due to the slope. Eagerly waiting for that schedule now! 

Excellent idea @McCallion ! 

I start with Isaac Gracie on Friday! Videos with his band are pretty rare on YouTube, he almost has solo shows. He's excellent, very influenced by grunge music and Brit Pop, so he has a very singular universe; both Arctic Monkeys and Pearl Jam fans will probably love it : 

Otherwise on Thursday, we've got Gang Of Youths :

Saturday is pretty unreal with The Struts back to RW, there are just fresh air, true rock'n'rollas : 

And a special mention to Kaleo on Sunday, cause even if they don't need any introduction they have become so freakin good, check out their performance last week-end at Lollapalooza, they have improved their skills on stage this year :

• Like 1