Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

4 minutes ago, McCallion said:

There's no chance we could get England v Belgium right? Pretty sure thats off the cards

England and Belgium are in the same group! So we are already playing each other, just not during RW :D I'd guess both will go through, so winner of that match will most likely decide who'd play 19:00-21:00 Friday and who would be Saturday 15:00-17:00, I'm hoping for the latter! Not sure I'd make the trip back to Hive if it were that late on Friday.

Edited by alexlloyd

30 minutes ago, reaper said:

they will clash..

it will be Cave at main - and Arctic main while nin will play in barn when one of those 2 is playing (problably during a whole part during AM). 

I can take a 5-15 minute clash. Any more than that then I will cry. 

NIN in The Barn will be epic though.

Edited by idioteque87

2 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Pah! I'm not fancying the trek back to the Hive. Unless they end up playing during London Grammar!

They tend to have a big screen on near the food stands for Belgium games (maybe the same for England game not too sure) so you won't need to go back to the Hive.

Just now, santowhir said:

They tend to have a big screen on near the food stands for Belgium games (maybe the same for England game not too sure) so you won't need to go back to the Hive.

Yeah, they had the big screen for the Belgium Wales game in the Euros at the NWW. Dunno if we'd get the same for England tho

I just ran a predictor and it had the following for the quarter finals (assuming England and Belgium both survive that far);

England - Brazil
Belgium - Germany

The only way I can see for England to play Belgium again after the groups is in the final! 

1 minute ago, Cammers said:

I just ran a predictor and it had the following for the quarter finals (assuming England and Belgium both survive that far);

England - Brazil
Belgium - Germany

The only way I can see for England to play Belgium again after the groups is in the final! 

England in the semis, bwahahahahaha......not gonna happen! ;)

1 minute ago, Cammers said:

the only way I can see for England to play Belgium again after the groups is in the final! 

Yeah that's right, teams from the same group go into different halves of the 'tree' so can't meet again until the final. I suspect we might not have to worry about that though :lol:

IMG_3770.PNG

3 hours ago, reaper said:

they will clash..

it will be Cave at main - and Arctic main while nin will play in barn when one of those 2 is playing (problably during a whole part during AM). 

Regular headliner set length (90-100 minutes) like AM gonna get means that they'll clash with KluB C headliner who starts 5-10 minutes before them and ends about 30 minutes before AM ends. This means that the Barn headliner (NIN) will start before Nick Cave will finish and most of his set (45-55 minutes) wont clash with anything but if you'll go to the tent after Nick Cave it will be full already.

So you can get full NIN and full AM sets guaranteed or full Cave and full AM with seeing most of NIN set from the screens outside between the tents (I hope they still do it) or choose to get risky and leave Cave at some point to try to get into the Barn for NIN. 

Let's hope Belgium is out of the world cup as soon as possible so the hype is over en it's business as usual. Panama/Tunesia/England will not put them in a third place in their group, but maybe Poland is strong enough in the second round to kick the Belgian arses out of Russia.

I think it's obvious I'm not a fan of our national team ...

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Regular headliner set length (90-100 minutes) like AM gonna get means that they'll clash with KluB C headliner who starts 5-10 minutes before them and ends about 30 minutes before AM ends. This means that the Barn headliner (NIN) will start before Nick Cave will finish and most of his set (45-55 minutes) wont clash with anything but if you'll go to the tent after Nick Cave it will be full already.

So you can get full NIN and full AM sets guaranteed or full Cave and full AM with seeing most of NIN set from the screens outside between the tents (I hope they still do it) or choose to get risky and leave Cave at some point to try to get into the Barn for NIN. 

i am not taking any chances and will skip cave's whole set for a good spot at NIN, just gonna rush towards barn after Noel is done, front row -> rush to barn get some drinks in and then enjoy Trent!

Brilliant final announcement for me with Wolf Alice, NGHFB, Gang of Youths, Post Malone, the Academic and I wouldn't even mind seeing Courteeners as they're always occupying high up spots with better options elsewhere at UK fests. 

Feel like this is overall stronger than last year with a stronger undercard and a brilliant set of headliners for the second year in a row.