Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

Totally agree, all the production of their show in THAT space! One for the ages. I'll look forward to watching it with a hot dog outside because I can't get in! Haha

jeez...theres a point...you'd need to be there from the start of whoever's playing before!!

50 minutes ago, GerryL said:

How many names left to complete the lineup? Will we get them all this friday? Maybe stage splits?

Think there’s a lot (at least 50?) not too clear just how many due to the new stage. Doubt we’d get as many as last week (23) this week and doubt stage splits.

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

The time-table came March 24th last year.....

Tbf they usually release the schedule about a month after finishing the lineup, which is usually late April. Last year they didnt even finished the lineup when they released the schedule.

22 minutes ago, fillou said:

Liam Gallagher playing a gig in Brussels tonight. Could be in the announcement next friday ...

He's also just rescheduled his cancelled Cologne date to the Thursday of Rock Werchter... so he's definitely about! The Friday looks the most realistic day to me, he's subbing The Killers at iDays in Milan already this Summer as well.

12 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

He's also just rescheduled his cancelled Cologne date to the Thursday of Rock Werchter... so he's definitely about! The Friday looks the most realistic day to me, he's subbing The Killers at iDays in Milan already this Summer as well.

True, but he'll have to play 4 days in a row as he's on festivals in France on the Saturday and Sunday of RW. Routing is ideal though, Cologne -> Werchter -> Arras -> Belfort

1 hour ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

I still think it will be Kasabian.... they are free and they are playing IoW with Tom Grennan, the script and walking on cars. 

Kasabian + a bigger one :P

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Bigger one? Who could be bigger? I would love to see either of the Gallaghers this summer. It would also be great to get a dance act in somewhere...  but the killers nowadays would probably count haha...  

Personal opinion, but I still don't understand why The Killers are a headliner... RW could do sooooo much better! 

• Upvote 1

What was the weakest day (except last minute replacement like in 2015) RW has ever had in last years in terms of headline acts ? Beck and dEUS in 2008 ? Can you imagine in 2018 The Killers to headline alone ? No way. Rock Werchter always try to have the best line-up in the world, and they know that Killers aren't enough to sell out a day. They have a cohead for sure (electro or not), and Kasabian is not big enough in Belgium to coheadline.. But Kasabian + Killers + a third one (and Justice in The Barn) would make sense and justify the Barn for Justice, as the other possible oracle predicted several days ago! 

(Edit : understand weakest day in terms of size, not quality)

Edited by Tremousse

42 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

What was the weakest day (except last minute replacement like in 2015) RW has ever had in last years in terms of headline acts ? Beck and dEUS in 2008 ? Can you imagine in 2018 The Killers to headline alone ? No way. Rock Werchter always try to have the best line-up in the world, and they know that Killers aren't enough to sell out a day. They have a cohead for sure (electro or not), and Kasabian is not big enough in Belgium to coheadline.. But Kasabian + Killers + a third one (and Justice in The Barn) would make sense and justify the Barn for Justice, as the other possible oracle predicted several days ago! 

I personally think we should stop hoping for another big act on Friday. Looks like they're aiming on a day stacked with mid-sized crowd favourites that are all more or less aiming at the same target audience, rather than making it top heavy like the Saturday. Judging by the social media reactions to The Killers, London Grammar, Franz Ferdinand, Anderson .Paak, Ben Howard, Snow Patrol, The Kooks, Angus & Julia Stone, ... a lot of people are really looking forward to that day. And in the end The Killers more or less filled Sportpaleis yesterday, which puts them in the same category as i.e. Kings Of Leon, and makes them a bigger headliner than i.e. Lenny Kravitz.

Anyway, if Justice is coming I'm expecting them to close KluB C on Sunday or the Barn on Thursday. We definitely already have our tent closers on Friday. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

I personally think we should stop hoping for another big act on Friday. Looks like they're aiming on a day stacked with mid-sized crowd favourites that are all more or less aiming at the same target audience, rather than making it top heavy like the Saturday. Judging by the social media reactions to The Killers, London Grammar, Franz Ferdinand, Anderson .Paak, Ben Howard, Snow Patrol, The Kooks, Angus & Julia Stone, ... a lot of people are really looking forward to that day. And in the end The Killers more or less filled Sportpaleis yesterday, which puts them in the same category as i.e. Kings Of Leon, and makes them a bigger headliner than i.e. Lenny Kravitz.

Anyway, if Justice is coming I'm expecting them to close KluB C on Sunday or the Barn on Thursday. We definitely already have our tent closers on Friday. 

Completely agree, though I expect Justice to be too big/expensive to tuck away in Klub C on Sunday. Barn on Thursday is the available option left, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I for one don't expect to see them added anymore, sadly.

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Editors in 2012 were a replacement? If not, we have a winner! :D

KoL in 2014 AFTER co-headlining with blur in 2013 wasnt 'big'  too but they are, as The Killers, headlining everywhere in the world. And if I mentioned KoL in 2014, RW did the same and fill the day with good medium size bands and even sold the day pretty quick. I wont be surprised if there's no additional big name (sub/mainstage closer)  on Friday but wont be surprised if they do. 

I will be more surprised if the Thursday sell out than if the Friday as it is now sell out. 

Edited by e2p2

10 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Last 2 shows were a 15k show in 2014 and then they headlined this in 2017. So I guess 4th name of the day? I don't know, I can't figure out :lol: 

DGxsrUUXcAAdZqx.jpg

They can easily get the New Order slot in my opinion. Im aftaid that from Benicassim announcement, Bastille are more likely.