Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

40 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If any organisers are reading, please go with this except move AP&TFN back by 15 minutes and LG back by 30 minutes, so my Friday can go Chvrches > two thirds of Franz > Ben Howard > Andy Paak > London Grammar. I'll buy a ticket right now as a thank you. Thank you.

Those stages are next door and alternate through the day.

2 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Personally think that Clashfinder is probably a good me way off what we should truly expect. But obviously we should wait and see as I might be wrong :)

I agree its not perfect but its the first one I have seen which I think has the bands on the correct stages...... the timings are always difficult because its tough to know which order (especially with gaps).  

1 hour ago, Aech said:

Yeah I can't see Khalid performing that low down.

How big is Khalid? I saw Machine Gun Kelly last year and he was on Klub C around late afternoon... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

I agree its not perfect but its the first one I have seen which I think has the bands on the correct stages...... the timings are always difficult because its tough to know which order (especially with gaps).  

How big is Khalid? I saw Machine Gun Kelly last year and he was on Klub C around late afternoon... 

Khalid is in real terms tiny - tihnk he toured with Lorde - couple of tunes out which have had success, agree that i can't imagine him late on.

I think clashfinders aren't on it at all - they usually engineer it so there are minimal clashes - they seem to be all over the place at the mo.

ps. whoever put liam gallagher before james bay at 7 in the evening you're nuts.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

Khalid is in real terms tiny - tihnk he toured with Lorde - couple of tunes out which have had success, agree that i can't imagine him late on.

I think clashfinders aren't on it at all - they usually engineer it so there are minimal clashes - they seem to be all over the place at the mo.

ps. whoever put liam gallagher before james bay at 7 in the evening you're nuts.

Yeah its true they do minimize the clashes....but if you ignore the exact timings and look at the which stages/bands I think it is a good starting point. The clashes are always caused because there are big acts of different genres playing at the same time imo.....and if you like both acts that clash you got difficult choices to make radioactive. 

2 hours ago, BiscuitBandit said:

The slope stage will be mostly local and upcoming talent (contacted the festival to find out)

So quite a few of the bands on the clashfinder for the slope will be in low barn/klub c slots.

Ah cool... that is also consistent with ppl saying the amazons etc... are too big for the slope. 

• Downvote 1

On 04/03/2018 at 5:45 PM, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Yeah its true they do minimize the clashes....but if you ignore the exact timings and look at the which stages/bands I think it is a good starting point. The clashes are always caused because there are big acts of different genres playing at the same time imo.....and if you like both acts that clash you got difficult choices to make radioactive. 

thanks for the adviece juggernaught. Have you been before? it sounds like you know a fair bit about the festival.

Seems like everyone over at Festileaks is doing this, so I thought I'd bring it over here:

Thursday:

Must see: Queens of the Stone Age, Rival Sons, The Vaccines

Like to see: Gorillaz, The Script, James Bay, Alice in Chains, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Tom Grennan

Avoid at all costs: At The Drive In

Friday:

Must see: The Killers, The Kooks, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol

Like to see: Ben Howard, Chvrches, Tom Walker

Saturday:

Must see: Pearl Jam, Jack White, Stereophonics, Stone Sour

Like to see: Jack Johnson, Khalid, JP Cooper, MGMT, The Struts

Sunday:

Must see: Arctic Monkeys, Nine Inch Nails, George Ezra, Kaleo

Like to see: Equal Idiots, IDLES, Pale Waves, The Amazons

Sunday is definitely the weakest day for me, even though it has my favourite headliner. Still hoping Biffy Clyro is going to be announced, I'd love Slaves as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

THURSDAY:
Must-sees: Queens Of The Stone Age, Rival Sons
Like to see: Tom Grenann, Vince Staples 

FRIDAY:
Must-sees: The Killers, The White Buffalo, The Kooks
Like to see: Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Anderson Pak

SATURDAY:
Must-sees: Pearl Jam, Stereophonics, Stone Sour, The Struts
Like to see: Jack White, Blackwave

SUNDAY:
Must-sees: Arctic Monkeys, Kaleo, Nine Inch Nails 
Like to see: The Amazons, Nick Cave and the Bad seeds 

Gone with roughly 6 bands per day....probably end up seeing way less. I think the days are pretty balanced....probably see more stuff in tents on THURS/FRI when the timetable is released. 

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Clashfinder Rock Werchter 2018

Hey guys, I just made my own speculative clashfinder (mainly based on the set times of the previous year)......any thoughts on this?

It's okay but why did you put Nick Cave - NIN - AM like that when you can see on the poster that Cave and AM are the headliners? Also, Alice In Chains and Stereophonics should be a little bit lower imo. 

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Clashfinder Rock Werchter 2018

Hey guys, I just made my own speculative clashfinder (mainly based on the set times of the previous year)......any thoughts on this?

still hard for me to belive there is no slope name announced so far, klub c is way too weak if this is the case. i am certain we have a handful of slope names on the poster already.

Its hard to predict if Slope names are already in without a confirmation from the organization. I hope there are already at least 8-10 names so we can still have a decent amount of names along the days. Something else I find weird is that there are no repeats from last year right now (I think) and RW known as a master of repeats, so is it KoL for Friday :P

1 hour ago, Chaarlie said:

Hi guys, never been to the festival before, about to buy my ticket, it it worth going for hive camping? Anything else I need to consider?

Its definitely worth the extra for the Hive...arrive as early as possible to avoid crazy 2-3 hour queues! 
If you prefer it a bit quieter, go for the Hive Resort...you can still go the Hive for the late night parties but its cleaner, has no queues and the on-site facilities are better imo.

They're both reasonably close to the entrance...if you're driving, the resort is also great for parking as its right beside the camping area. 

6 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

I didn't think it cost extra because you have to pay for camping anyway? Are they both ones where you pitch your own tent I take it? Also one more thing, is it worth buying the food and drink vouchers now?

Cheers

hive resort - tent already installed

hive - your own tent

regular - your own tent, but you have to arrive later, on thursday and no entertainment zone

yes, buy coupons early, it's like 20% cheaper