Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

3 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

On the contrary, I think we already have about 8-12 Slope names. 

I hope you're right, and I might have misunderstood since information have been limited, but I assumed that it would be placed on the backside/under the actual Slope. In that case it can't be a very large stage, and I think some of the artists that have been speculated in playing there are too large for it, but if not it's all good. Just means that there might be plenty of good names left (and potentially even more clashes) :) 

59 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

I'm guessing that the new stage at The Slope will be similar to the Europe Stage or Light Stage at Sziget Festival, if anyone have attended there. More up and coming talents with very low streaming numbers, or maybe winners of Belgium telent competitions etc. I don't think any of the already announced names will be on that stage, but if it's the case, it could be great as that means that the level of the acts which be much higher than anticipated.

Festileaks reporting that a lot of names from this announcement are playing The Slope. I'm quite sure Festileaks got this information directly from the RW organisation because they posted an article with all the names at exactly 4pm

35 minutes ago, ThijsDB said:

Festileaks reporting that a lot of names from this announcement are playing The Slope. I'm quite sure Festileaks got this information directly from the RW organisation because they posted an article with all the names at exactly 4pm

I would guess it's the names in the smallest font THU/FRI/SUN? 

Wasnt expecting many acts id know there but I'll certainly be making the trip over for Tom Grennan and Amazons! Plenty of others to listen through too, good announcement for me :D

1 hour ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

Updated lineup poster

DXTMYqsXUAADh8t.jpg large.jpg

I think it's pretty safe to assume the smallest font (3 + 1 + 0 + 4 so far) will be Slope names. The three names without a date will probably join them too if they they don need to fill (unannounced) cancellations.  Must say this line up is shaping up very nicely, already +25 acts I would really like to see. Bit sceptical wether we can still expect (many) bigger names though. 

23 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

My bad on the prediction.... my second guess was FF and Chvrches...... How many names do we have left to go now? Really intrigued by the slope this year. I hope its not too close to mainstage or the sets are between acts on the mainstage. 

i think we're about 2/3rds the way there, judging from the previous posters and the new stage for this year, also still missing one headliner, any guesses? 

15 hours ago, HunterRule said:

I think it's pretty safe to assume the smallest font (3 + 1 + 0 + 4 so far) will be Slope names. The three names without a date will probably join them too if they they don need to fill (unannounced) cancellations.  Must say this line up is shaping up very nicely, already +25 acts I would really like to see. Bit sceptical wether we can still expect (many) bigger names though. 

I don't think so. Having bands as big as The Struts, The Amazons and Pale Waves playing on the slope seems a bit crazy to me (they could even be Main Stage openers, more likely The Barn). I think we'll probaly get a bulk anouncement of Slope names and they'll be acoustic / small acts from Belgium for people to tune into while they're eating. They have stages like these at Mad Cool and Sziget and I think that might make more sense.

The Slope will have upcoming and local bands/artists playing as said, but it'll also be the smallest stage + it's outdoors which means a lot of artists playing won't have a production with them when playing that stage. In comparison to for example the Klub C which holds 8k people that's a massive difference in stage production. I imagine there will be a lot of singer songwriters, smaller bands etc in there (like Tom Grennan, IAMDDB, The White Buffalo, Sigrid, Blackwave. etc). There are some artists who can play both but see them ending up playing the Klub C instead like Pale Waves, NAO, Angèle etc because they'd attract a bigger crowd or something.

i agree with both above about slope.

i could imagine people who are small - such as tom grennan, tom walker, (amazons to an extent but maybe not) playing quite latre on on the slope thus clashing with biggish/headline bands on main stage/barn.

i think some of the very small ones will be on slope but am starting to feel we will get a bulk announcement of very small local acts for slope - thus probably have about 9 biggish left.

i am certain we will still see band like biffy, nerd, xx, prodigy in the final announcements.

Hi! First time ever commenting on a forum, especially one about a festival,haha

I was wondering, do you guys think there would be a chance to hear Foster The People announced? As there are like 8 names left to be announced, i've been quite sceptical lately. They released a new album last year (Sacred hearts club) and said in an interview with festileaks they were doing European festivals in 2018 and would like to perform on RW again

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed because i would love to see them live especially after seeing their performance on Lollapalooza 2017

What do you guys think about it? :D

43 minutes ago, festiapprentice said:

Hi! First time ever commenting on a forum, especially one about a festival,haha

I was wondering, do you guys think there would be a chance to hear Foster The People announced? As there are like 8 names left to be announced, i've been quite sceptical lately. They released a new album last year (Sacred hearts club) and said in an interview with festileaks they were doing European festivals in 2018 and would like to perform on RW again

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed because i would love to see them live especially after seeing their performance on Lollapalooza 2017

What do you guys think about it? :D

I have been thinking about them as well but unfortunately they haven't been announced for any EU fests yet so I highly doubt we will see them...

4 hours ago, BiscuitBandit said:

What are the chances of Wolf Alice being added to the lineup?

I'm surprised they haven't been added actually.

They seem to suddenly appear on all the music events I go to... getting a bit weird actually!!

For me the new 23 names are okay. I've actually only heard of a handful of acts but hey, great to hear some new music and I fully trust Team Werchter to do a great job with organising the festival :-) 

2 hours ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Really hope we get Wolf Alice yeah!!!!!!!! I really like this clashfinder by Preparkfan............. 

https:///s/werchter2018/

Thinking about staying Brussels before the festival.... Apart from mini europe. Can anyone recommend places to visit?  

Personally think that Clashfinder is probably a good me way off what we should truly expect. But obviously we should wait and see as I might be wrong :)

3 hours ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Really hope we get Wolf Alice yeah!!!!!!!! I really like this clashfinder by Preparkfan............. 

https:///s/werchter2018/

Thinking about staying Brussels before the festival.... Apart from mini europe. Can anyone recommend places to visit?  

If any organisers are reading, please go with this except move AP&TFN back by 15 minutes and LG back by 30 minutes, so my Friday can go Chvrches > two thirds of Franz > Ben Howard > Andy Paak > London Grammar. I'll buy a ticket right now as a thank you. Thank you.