Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

For those looking for a poster.  Without the Belgian names added, but still...

4A0C22F9-ED34-43C0-9EB3-79BF68A8BFD7.jpeg

Ok, now Im starting to believe that there will be another name, bigger than London Grammar, on Friday. Hopefully something good. 

Weird Riskilde still do not have their Friday headliner, which obviously wont play at at RW on Friday but still. 

9 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Ok, now Im starting to believe that there will be another name, bigger than London Grammar, on Friday. Hopefully something good. 

Weird Riskilde still do not have their Friday headliner, which obviously wont play at at RW on Friday but still. 

I think so, also interesting Ben Howard is listed about Anderson Paak, could Ben Howard be the barn headliner?

3 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

Who the hell are petit biscuit and why are they above Stereophonics and Stone Sour haha!

Young soft electro DJ from France I believe. Tbf I think all bands on that line of the poster each day are alphabetical 

21 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Do you think we'll get a fair few acts and an actual poster with day splits on Friday?

I'm guessing we will. And by the look of that poster, an additional big name for the friday seems very much possible. Question in that case: will that act get a seperate announcement and if yes, when?

With the delay in announcing the Killers, and the initial delay in announcing bands full stop (compared with previous years), does anyone else think that perhaps a big name headliner (potentially Metallica - but could be others) pulled out leading to a rearranging of the line up? 

I am not so sure that Friday will see another headline name. 

48 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

With the delay in announcing the Killers, and the initial delay in announcing bands full stop (compared with previous years), does anyone else think that perhaps a big name headliner (potentially Metallica - but could be others) pulled out leading to a rearranging of the line up? 

I think it’s pretty widely accepted Metallica were meant to do a big European tour this year most likely with fests that got canned after agreements were in place. So may well be that yeah.

The Killers aren’t that big in Belgium to the point people thought they might sub headline and they haven’t sold out their Belgium show of 18k capacity. So given they’re the only one without a ‘co-headliner’ on that line up I’d be surprised if there isn’t one added.

Edited by DHG123

39 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

I'm sure a lot of shuffling happens at the early stages I know blur's PR weren't happy in 2013.

Do we know why the festival got moved a week later yet? I initial thought it was to have more chance to slot a big name headline but looking at the line up nothing seems to warrant that.

2 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

The Vaccines came in the last announcement! I can see FF or Kassabian being announced. I can see a co-headline being announced with the killers but Idon't really know what the relative size of acts is in Belgium, could it be a rap/pop act like Kendrick?

I'd say Foo Fighters are unlikely as they headlined last year. Kasabian pretty likely but not co-headline size (they subbed for Muse a few years back). I agree we could get a big dance/rap act for the Friday but Kendrick's out as he's at Pukkelpop

Edited by McCallion

1 minute ago, McCallion said:

I'd say Foo Fighters are unlikely as they headlined last year. Kasabian pretty likely but not co-headline size (they subbed for Muse a few years back). I agree we could get a bit dance/rap act but Kendrick's out as he's at Pukkelpop

I think he meant franz ferdinand and not foo fighters by FF haha

1 minute ago, Chaarlie said:

So looking at some other festivals I can't see many big rap acts just Kendrick and Travis Scott. Could it be one of Depeche Mode, Chase and Status or The Chainsmokers? Would be happy if it was a suprise that isn't at another festi but it feels unlikely.

Depeche Mode are out because of their touring schedule and I'd say Chainsmokers are unlikely as they played the fest last year. Chase & Status could be a possibility but I'm not sure of their popularity in Belgium

3 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Depeche Mode are out because of their touring schedule and I'd say Chainsmokers are unlikely as they played the fest last year. Chase & Status could be a possibility but I'm not sure of their popularity in Belgium

Chase and fucking Status (thx@DiscothequeDave  ;) ) are more suitable for PKP Imo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chaarlie said:

Oh the xx was the other one I missed! A possibility? Have the Prodigy been announced elsewhere yet? Don't want to get my hopes up!

Yeah, they're in France for another fest the same weekend so definitely a possibility. The XX are also about and I could see them being pared with The Killers (although I'd prefer The Prodigy)