Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

38 minutes ago, SonicSleuth said:

I somehow have no clue what a Biffy Clyro is. I've seen the name before, but I'm guessing they're just not a big deal in the USA?

I saw them in Chicago this March paying 25 dollars at the House of Blues, we were 300 at best... No I guess they are not a big deal in the States. Yet they set up a great show even with a really small crowd compared to their standard in Europe - but in Belgium I think they would sub headline, so 3rd spot or lower on the Main Stage 

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I saw them in Chicago this March paying 25 dollars at the House of Blues, we were 300 at best... No I guess they are not a big deal in the States. Yet they set up a great show even with a really small crowd compared to their standard in Europe - but in Belgium I think they would sub headline, so 3rd spot or lower on the Main Stage 

i am not sure they would even be on the main stage - i recall the discussion from last year and they were struggling to sell the ancienne belgique show in brussels.

pretty much the same with the killers, who are much lower then on other european countries and would be a disaapointment for the belgium crowd if they are headliners. subs at best.

7 hours ago, GerryL said:

Two door cinema club announced for finsbury park july 1st. Also the vaccines and marmozets (amongst others). 

and the killers announced at a fest in the us at the end of july, which means they can yet announce more dates (hopefully werchter). We'll see tomorrow... 

i'm going with two door, mgmt, alice in chains, marmozets, jack johnson and biffy for tomorrow's announcement 

Killers announced a German festival Deichbrand same weekend as Paris Lollapalooza too, doubt they’d miss Belgium off the tour when they seem to be everywhere else

32 minutes ago, Gossard said:

This is Biffy Clyro..... :) 

Think I might spend my day watching this concert now!

I'd love to see Biffy this year, but I do get the impression they favour the smaller EU festivals as they're more likely to get higher billing.

Never know though, they could add them to the Sunday and just make my scheduling even more impossible!

6 minutes ago, voyager2406 said:

That's very weird, but yeah looks like he will be at werchter on the 7th then, that'll be a good addition 

Capture+_2018-02-02-14-28-54.png

I think the post is wrong as in the poster says he plays in Cork july the 2nd. Looks like we have the first name for today

They were late!

Rebel Motorcycle Club and Vince Staples will take the stage on Thursday 5 July. Angus & Julia Stone and The Kooks are confirmed for Friday 6 July. Jack Johnson, MGMT and Stereophonics are new for Saturday 7 July. Fever Ray, Roméo Elvis and Rone will perform on Sunday 8 July. More names to follow next week.

On 24/1/2018 at 11:06 PM, alan_ts said:

A dear friend went to Stereophonics gig.tonight in Brussel, at the end they said "see you at festival" (but could be also pkp or others).

First time I give a right rumour...hurray :D

• Upvote 4