Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

36 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

A dear friend went to Stereophonics gig.tonight in Brussel, at the end they said "see you at festival" (but could be also pkp or others).

Would like to see Sterephonics there! Especially as I'm assuming they wouldn't take a particularly high slot? Only dates so far are TRNSMT week before and Lollapalooza Paris two weeks after, so hopefully that makes it more likely to be Werchter.

9 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Would like to see Sterephonics there! Especially as I'm assuming they wouldn't take a particularly high slot? Only dates so far are TRNSMT week before and Lollapalooza Paris two weeks after, so hopefully that makes it more likely to be Werchter.

Last Time I saw them was at Werchter '10 and then they were subheadliner hope they will be a couple of hours earlier if they come.

A couple of years ago they even played Crammerock, so there are a lot of festivals that they can do (for example: Dour, Rock Herk, Suikerrock, Lokerse Feesten, Rock Zottegem,...)

9 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Last Time I saw them was at Werchter '10 and then they were subheadliner hope they will be a couple of hours earlier if they come.

A couple of years ago they even played Crammerock, so there are a lot of festivals that they can do (for example: Dour, Rock Herk, Suikerrock, Lokerse Feesten, Rock Zottegem,...)

In RW13 they played before Kenrick Lamar, Nick Cave, Volbeat and Rammstein so they probably wont have a big slot if they will play this year. 

Heads up, Primavera are announcing their full lineup on Monday and Best Kept Secret have just teased a big announcement on the same day. Arctic Monkeys are strongly rumored for both. Think it could be a bulk announcement of EU festivals? If so, announcement tomorrow and Monday :)

• Like 1

TRNSMT take their first batch of tickets off sale on Friday and talk of line up announcement shortly after. AM are strongly rumoured for there as well so assuming all the AM speculation is correct, they’ll do a batch announcement of all their festivals. Might be a shorter release if they just named  ones they aren’t playing 

Edited by Red Day

19 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Graspop just released their 'almost' final names and there is no Alice in Chains og no Deftones....both RW bound?

They can't have everybody, can they? Strongest Graspop ever. AIC on the same day as PJ would be great, just like Bilbao 2010, McCready joined AIC and they played Rooster 

13 minutes ago, pete76 said:

They can't have everybody, can they? Strongest Graspop ever. AIC on the same day as PJ would be great, just like Bilbao 2010, McCready joined AIC and they played Rooster 

Just like in 2010 ;) 

image.thumb.png.de7ada351746c26b8c37acd9c82d6436.png

Edited by Gossard

Who do you think it's gonna be announced tomorrow? I assume AM will be next week's huge announcement, so maybe The Killers? Franz Ferdinand? MGMT? An unexpected headliner (or co) like Liam Gallagher (as he headlines Beni)?

Edited by GerryL

20 minutes ago, GerryL said:

Who do you think it's gonna be announced tomorrow? I assume AM will be next week's huge announcement, so maybe The Killers? Franz Ferdinand? MGMT? An unexpected headliner (or co) like Liam Gallagher (as he headlines Beni)?

It's hard to go off as the fest is announcing it a bit differently than recent years. I think David Byrne is nailed on. Would love to see MGMT perform and tomorrow is the day they'd most likely announce them. Along with acts like Sampha, Fatima Yamaha, Jack Johnson. 

That's just me looking at Mad Cool and NOS thinking we will have similar line ups

8 hours ago, GerryL said:

I can't see that Liam would headline at RW. In 2012 Noel played 4th down and in 2015 he was 3rd down......

Nine Inch Nails were confirmed for a gig in France yesterday and it would be nice to see them. I would love a few smaller main stage bands today, Marmozets have a new album out today and it would be nice to see them

I think Arctic Monkeys will be confirmed on Monday