Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

49 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Thoughts about Mumford and Sons ? They're just announced at Sziget (even if they don't share a lot of names per year with RW), and Pukkelpop is not probable cause they played there last year... Maybe that would explain the wait (Arctics + Mumford and Sons) ? 

They went down very well last time they played.

27 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

Are you talking about the humorous fake poster ?

No I'm talking about the livestream Gabi made two (three?) months ago where he mentionned Daft Punk, which raised rumours; bur @zbo is absolutely right ; and one day maybe they'll come when everyone won't believe it x) but I don't see it coming in 2018 (but who knows! :P )

2 minutes ago, GerryL said:

MGMT are playing in Luxembourg June the 30th. I think it's pretty safe they'll be on the bill.

Also Kaleo are touring in Canada until July the 3th... do you think they'll make it? Especially after last year's cancellation?

Luxembourg on the Down the Rabbit Hole weekend. It's not the same weekend. We already knew they are playing before and after RW...

17 minutes ago, arcuse said:

So Portugal. The Man, Elvis Costello and Calexico all probably ruled out due to them playing OLT Rivierenhof in July in Antwerp.

Remember Eels was playing RW 2014 + 2 shows at Rivierenhof July 2014.
I still see a chance for Portugal, The Man.

4 hours ago, GerryL said:

Also Kaleo are touring in Canada until July the 3th... do you think they'll make it? Especially after last year's cancellation?

I actually saw Jökull (singer in Kaleo) in a supermarket here in Iceland during the Christmas brake....but here in Iceland there is an unwritten rule that you don't disturb celebrities in their own time so I just walked past him :)   ....but I think they'll make up for last summer...

59 minutes ago, Gossard said:

but here in Iceland there is an unwritten rule that you don't disturb celebrities in their own time so I just walked past him

Isn't t that just everywhere like that? :P 

Anyways, Thom Yorke got announced for Sonar, would be so cool to see him in the Barn! But idk about the price, I suppose he'd draw a fair crowd because of Radiohead ofcourse, but stil.. 

• Upvote 1

Weird stuff about Portugal the Man. playing at another festival as they already book them for Main Square Festival. This is the year they finally had their worldwide breakthrough and RW doesnt tend to miss these acts when they're around. 

Edited by e2p2

45 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Do the coupons change every year? I would assume so but noticed there's no Year/date on the ones we got in 2017. I've only got one, but I think one of my friends has about €30 worth :lol:

Yeah, they change every year. We tried the same trick last year! Hahah

• Like 1