Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

4 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

Anyone else going to do Rock Werchter into Mad Cool the following week? There’s going to be a good amount of overlap, but it looks like Gorillaz, Nick Cave and David Byrne will be unique to Rock Werchter and I don’t mind getting in Pearl Jam, Jack White and Arctic Monkeys a second time. 

I'm going to go to Mad Cool and probably will go to RW too. Don't worry about the overlap, you can plan it good enough to avoid painful clashes or choosing the lengthy set or even choose the appropriate atmosphere set of the two (lets say you want to see London Grammar and one of the festivals place them in a tent while the other one place them in the main stage, go to the tent one.. :)).

5 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

And got 90 minutes set (20:50-22:20, just like AF co-headlining set in 2017). Maybe they were billed as co-headliners too?

I think if they play this year it'll be a co-headliner set up, maybe with a dance act (Justice, The Prodigy?). I don't think they'd accept anything less than a headline slot at this point

1 minute ago, McCallion said:

As there's been nothing so far today, my guess is 4pm Belgium time. Unless it's a headliner bulk announcement, in which case your guess is as good as mine!

They've been announcing them at 6:59am in UK time so far, was hoping I'd wake up to something amazing :D

1 minute ago, Jimmerz95 said:

They've been announcing them at 6:59am in UK time so far, was hoping I'd wake up to something amazing :D

yeah same. I was up getting ready for work an expected my usual notification when I got out the shower. So upsetting! Haha!

Hoping for the regular Friday 4pm hype from the good ole days though!

• Upvote 1

well, this year they stuck with the morning announcements, my guess is that this will be the new format with a few exceptions. so, if today it has not been made in the morning, a headliner's tour announcement seems like the most likely scenario and arctic monkeys seems like the obvious one. but we'll see...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, McCallion said:

yeah same. I was up getting ready for work an expected my usual notification when I got out the shower. So upsetting! Haha!

Hoping for the regular Friday 4pm hype from the good ole days though!

I think the only time it's differed so far is when Pearl Jam announced their dates themselves, think that was 08:00 UK time. So I'm wondering if they might be waiting on someone to announce dates themselves? 

14 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

well, this year they stuck with the morning announcements, my guess is that this will be the new format with a few exceptions. so, if today it has not been made in the morning, a headliner's tour announcement seems like the most likely scenario and arctic monkeys seems like the obvious one. but we'll see...

Will be an "undercard" announcement today, I guess. Featuring the self-confirmed Eels & David Byrne amongst others.

3 minutes ago, gregory said:

+ Snow Patrol, Eels, Fleet Foxes, Khalid, Marshmello

"It's time to start a nice tradition: the weekend with a dose of fresh Rock Werchter news."

we knew about Eels, which is nice. The rest is so average, expected much more today tbh

• Upvote 1