Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

32 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

I'm expecting a batch of smaller/midsized names tomorrow, considering we've already had 2 self-confirmations this week.

Mad Cool posted a video that said 14 + 01 last night. They're announcing small bands every 10 mins at the moment. 

I reckon they'll announce 14 names today and then the headliner (AM) tomorrow at the same time as RW

Just now, MishMashMesh said:

Hello! 

Trying to decide on where to camp, but I cant find any info on The Hive vs. Regular Camping apart from what's on the Rock Werchter website.  The website makes The Hive seem really nice and lovely but I'd like to get accounts from real people if possible.

Thanks!

The Hive is great if you want overnight entertainment. Theres a party zone with DJ's until 4am and few other bars. They also accept tokens, unlike the other sites. If you want a party experience, I'd recommend the Hive

Just now, McCallion said:

The Hive is great if you want overnight entertainment. Theres a party zone with DJ's until 4am and few other bars. They also accept tokens, unlike the other sites. If you want a party experience, I'd recommend the Hive

Also, you can get in from Wednesday, unlike the other sites

2 hours ago, MishMashMesh said:

Hello! 

Trying to decide on where to camp, but I cant find any info on The Hive vs. Regular Camping apart from what's on the Rock Werchter website.  The website makes The Hive seem really nice and lovely but I'd like to get accounts from real people if possible.

Thanks!

I would recommend the Hive but only if you're definitely going to be there on the Wednesday. It would help you out a lot too if you got to the campsite earlier rather than  later

18 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

What about the Breeders, Yo La Tengo, Jamiroquai and Depesche Mode. DM play NOS Alive.

Would walk barefoot to Wächter by having the Smashing Pumpkins.

Can't speak for the others but Depeche Mode wont be playing due to their tour schedule

7 hours ago, McCallion said:

Bit of a tangent, but those who have stayed in The Hive Resort before, is it worth the extra money? Also what are the queues like to get in on the Wednesday? I'll pay 12 grand just to not have to stand in that Hive queue! haha

Stayed in Tipi at Hive Resort in 16 and 17 and loved it.  The value depends on how many of you are going.  Couples were paying a fortune for the two person fancy tent and I thought that was really expensive.  Six of us in the tipi was around 160 euros per person  for 5 nights and I felt 30 euro per day was well worth what you got.  Bar area is nice and showers are free.  Also you get lots of space to lounge about in if weather is fine.  Basically if you can afford extra 150 euros and there's a group of you, it's not bad value.  Also, you get your festival wristband within the Hive Resort.  Queues to get in on the Wednesday were minimal.  Took about 10 mins from arriving to getting into Tipi.

18 minutes ago, ThisIsHappening said:

Anyone else going to do Rock Werchter into Mad Cool the following week? There’s going to be a good amount of overlap, but it looks like Gorillaz, Nick Cave and David Byrne will be unique to Rock Werchter and I don’t mind getting in Pearl Jam, Jack White and Arctic Monkeys a second time. 

I am... Rock Werchter with my mates, Mad Cool with my girlfriend and about 36 hours at home between the two. Last year it was Glasto then Rock Werchter so at least this time it's not ten out of twelve nights in a tent :lol:

It does look like they'll be a massive crossover but I've never seen QOTSA, Jack White, Pearl Jam or Arctics (potentially) so I'm sure the novelty won't have worn off after the once... I hope.

Edited by alexlloyd

17 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I am... Rock Werchter with my mates, Mad Cool with my girlfriend and about 36 hours at home between the two. Last year it was Glasto then Rock Werchter so at least this time it's not ten out of twelve nights in a tent :lol:

It does look like they'll be a massive crossover but I've never seen QOTSA, Jack White, Pearl Jam or Arctics (potentially) so I'm sure the novelty won't have worn off after the once... I hope.

I did the exact same last year! Werchter with my mates, Mad Cool with my girlfriend! It was great, but a little annoying when a band does the exact same set. 

25 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I did the exact same last year! Werchter with my mates, Mad Cool with my girlfriend! It was great, but a little annoying when a band does the exact same set. 

Yeah my thinking is anything I can't remember thanks to Jupiler  I can make up for in Madrid :lol:

• Upvote 1

I know Rock Werchter drags out announcements a few months, but roughly how many of the big names on the first few lines will be released by mid-February? I’d like to see a few more unique names before officially pulling the trigger, so some combination of The Chemical Brothers, Chvrches, St. Vincent, Courtney Barnett would do it. 

Edited by ThisIsHappening

17 minutes ago, ThisIsHappening said:

I know Rock Werchter drags out announcements a few months, but roughly how many of the big names on the first few lines will be released by mid-February? I’d like to see a few more unique names before officially pulling the trigger, so some combination of The Chemical Brothers, Chvrches, St. Vincent, Courtney Barnett would do it. 

I think by mid-February, we will probably have around 30 names, including all the headliners and most subs/Barn headliners

Didn't someone say that in the Dutch version it said that Nick Cave would be co-headlining? I don't speak Dutch (only after about 10 beers, but then I'm fluent in every language :P ) but it seems to me that it only says "top act" ...not "headliner"???

...can some Dutch speaking person confirm this? :)

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 21.44.03.png

5 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Didn't someone say that in the Dutch version it said that Nick Cave would be co-headlining? I don't speak Dutch (only after about 10 beers, but then I'm fluent in every language :P ) but it seems to me that it only says "top act" ...not "headliner"???

...can some Dutch speaking person confirm this? :)

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 21.44.03.png

It is not that clear, but it literally says that Nick Cave will be 'one of the top acts' on Sunday. So it is open to interpretation. 

Edit: Which is not much different from the English version. Guess it would make a lot of sense to have a big rock and/or electronic act on Sunday as well.

Edited by StupidDream
  • Like 1