Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

6 hours ago, GreignotGrieg said:

Does anyone know whether the free e-train/bus ticket includes drop off at the Hotel Thon Brussels Airport? I’m just trying to work out if it’ll be cheaper to buy the hotel package, or book the tickets & hotel separately. Cheers in advance.

The free train / bus ticket gets you 1 return journey to the festival from anywhere in Belgium. There is a free shuttle bus between Leuven and the festival that you can get any time, but if you need to regularly treck between Brussels and the festival, you wont be able to do that with the free ticket.

5 minutes ago, GreignotGrieg said:

Cheers for replying.

So what would be the cheapest way of getting from Brussels to the festival site & back every day, other than driving?

Some of the Belgian members of this forum might be able to correct me but I think pretty much the only way to do it would be to pay for a train ticket every day. Also worth mentioning that the trains from Leuven - Brussels don't run 24 hours so you might not be able to get a train back after the final band / you'd have to pay for a taxi or car rental.

I think most people attending the festival will stay in Leuven rather than Brussels. 

10 minutes ago, GreignotGrieg said:

Also, I take it this is just a mock up, or was this last years lineup?

https:///s/rockwerchter2017/

Just a mock up / someones best guess. At the moment the only confirmed acts are Pearl Jam, Nick Cave, Queens Of The Stoneage & Gorillaz. More acts announced mid January :) (including at least one more headliner)

Just now, GreignotGrieg said:

I just hope whoever’s responsible for that mock up has some inside knowledge, as that would make it unmissable for many of us. :D :wub:

Yeah, it's a bit of a dream. For what its worth, I think having both Arctic Monkeys & Kendrick is unlikely, as is The Killers as just a sub-headliner and Nine Inch Nails / Bjork in the Barn. I also think Nick Cave will be in a headline position, not subbing for The XX. A lot of the bands lower down the bill could appear though and also some of the suggested big name bands, just not all of them ;) 

39 minutes ago, GreignotGrieg said:

Cheers for replying.

So what would be the cheapest way of getting from Brussels to the festival site & back every day, other than driving?

By train is the most easy and cheapest way.
For exemple:
First day you go for free from any trainstation in Belgium -> Leuven (from the airport their is an extra diabolo fee to pay).
On weekdays a single ticket Brussels -> Leuven (or Leuven -> Brussels) is around 5,50 €.
On weekends (Last summer also on Fridays) retourtickers have a 50% discount. Not that expensive.
Shuttles from Leuven to RW and back are for free.

There is only one (big) problem. There are no trains from Leuven to Brussels at the end of the festivalday. Latest will be somewhere betweet 00:00 and 01:00. So you have to leave early (missing the headliners) or stay late and take the first train back to Brussels around 06:00.

Taxi's in the Werchter/Leuven disctrict are mostly the hell on a RW weekend. And they will cost you a lot.
When renting a car keep in mind you probably have to pay a parkingfee in Brussels + some RW parkings in Werchter will ask you a parkingfee by day when you leave the parking every night. If lucky you can use your parkingticket 4 days, if not you have to pay 4 days (+/- 15 euro/day I think).

Brussels is not that far but it is not that easy to reach by public transport at night.

9 hours ago, McCallion said:

The free train / bus ticket gets you 1 return journey to the festival from anywhere in Belgium. There is a free shuttle bus between Leuven and the festival that you can get any time, but if you need to regularly treck between Brussels and the festival, you wont be able to do that with the free ticket.

I got an airbnb for the week 5 minutes from Leuven train station so this is good news to me hahaha, was surprisingly cheap at about 230 pounds for 7 days for two people too

8 hours ago, GreignotGrieg said:

Hey mate, why don't you just stay in the hive resort if you want some luxury. It's impossible to get out and find a cab or train after the last band and go to your hotel in leuven or Brussels. Stay in camping, so you can enjoy the afterparty too. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Hey mate, why don't you just stay in the hive resort if you want some luxury. It's impossible to get out and find a cab or train after the last band and go to your hotel in leuven or Brussels. Stay in camping, so you can enjoy the afterparty too. 

I agree. Hive Resort is more than a camping (but less than a room :) )

11 hours ago, GreignotGrieg said:

That's Ibis Heverlee, not Leuven city center. Still +6km to go from Leuven railway station (shuttle stop). Hard to do by foot every night after a long festival day. Except you can fix a bike.