Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

1 minute ago, GerryL said:

Bets on tomorrow's announcement?

Got to be The Killers for me, they announced Beni today which has followed TRNSMT, Isle of Wight and stadium show announcements  this week. 

The TRNSMT announcement also rules them out for the Sunday of RW, making Friday the most likely which doesn't have any acts yet but had its days page added to the website this week.

My best

1) Pearl Jam - 2014

2) Muse - 2015

3) Radiohead - 2017 (not a popular notion on this board I know;) 

4) Nick Cave - any year of the 3 Werchter times I've seen him

5) Coldplay - 2009

My Worst

1) The Script - 2013

2) Kings of Leon - 2013

3) Pharrell Williams - 2015

4) Stromae - 2014

5) Arctic Monkeys - 2014 (I like them but this gig didn't flow for me) 

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Got to be The Killers for me, they announced Beni today which has followed TRNSMT, Isle of Wight and stadium show announcements  this week. 

The TRNSMT announcement also rules them out for the Sunday of RW, making Friday the most likely which doesn't have any acts yet but had its days page added to the website this week.

The Killers still have a Sportpaleis Antwerp gig to sell out, so unlikely they’ll be announced before that.

If the Arctics rumours are true, they won’t announce anything till January. 

Surely a name for the Friday though. My bet would be a co-head, or sub if that’s where AM shall play. The XX? Something like Kasabian? Or one of the Gallaghers maybe?

4 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

The Killers still have a Sportpaleis Antwerp gig to sell out, so unlikely they’ll be announced before that.

If the Arctics rumours are true, they won’t announce anything till January. 

Surely a name for the Friday though. My bet would be a co-head, or sub if that’s where AM shall play. The XX? Something like Kasabian? Or one of the Gallaghers maybe?

I forgot to consider Belgian tour dates! Killers just seemed the most likely given their recent announcements, maybe The National could be an  option as well? Apart from who you've listed I struggle to think of any others who've been announcing dates recently, wouldn't complain to get someone a bit leftfield who hasn't announced many/any dates yet.

I think The Killers will be booked, even if they aren't announced tomorrow, it's unlikely RW will miss them while they're in Europe two years in a row surely?

Perhaps a return for Bjork, been a fair few years since she played werchter and is playing festivals throughout europe. Headlined Pukkelpop few years back, so there is an audience for her in Belguim.

Barn headliner? Although I am unsure how big her current live set up is.

Although I stay hopeful every festival I attend.  :D

Edited by thetime

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

I forgot to consider Belgian tour dates! Killers just seemed the most likely given their recent announcements, maybe The National could be an  option as well? Apart from who you've listed I struggle to think of any others who've been announcing dates recently, wouldn't complain to get someone a bit leftfield who hasn't announced many/any dates yet.

I think The Killers will be booked, even if they aren't announced tomorrow, it's unlikely RW will miss them while they're in Europe two years in a row surely?

Oh I’m also convinced they’ll be there, just not announced just yet. The National have their (and Justin Vernon’s) curated Eaux Claires festival in the US on the same weekend, so although not completely ruled out, chances are quite slim I’d say. 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Perhaps a return for Bjork, been a fair few years since she played werchter and is playing festivals throughout europe. Headlined Pukkelpop few years back, so there is an audience for her in Belguim.

Barn headliner? Although I am unsure how big her current live set up is.

Yes please!

7 hours ago, thetime said:

My Best 5:
1. Depeche Mode- 2013
2. The Cure 2012
3. Nick Cave. 2014
4. Editors- 2012
5. Portishead 2011

My Worst 5:
1. Pearl Jam 2012
2. Kasabian 2012
3. Noel Gallagher
4. Pearl jam 2014
5. Iron Maiden, possibly the most ludicrous act I’ve ever seen. 

Pearl Jam 2012 and 2014 on your worst 5? Bullshit, you're just trying to piss me off! :P:P:P 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Gossard said:

Pearl Jam 2012 and 2014 on your worst 5? Bullshit, you're just trying to piss me off! :P:P:P 

Thought they were massively disappointing, wouldn’t call myself a big fan but liked them since 10.

It was a bit like Stone Roses who I waited more than 20 years to see, a massive disappointment. 

15 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Pearl Jam was announced at 12 belgian time I think. Can't make their minds up this year!

I think they might have had to wait for Pearl Jam to announce their tour themselves, the other 3 have been 07:00 UK time, just checked and PJ tweet was 08:08. 

Was quite enjoying waking up to an announcement every Friday, whereas now it would appear I'm back to staring at my phone waiting for a notification :lol:

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

I think they might have had to wait for Pearl Jam to announce their tour themselves, the other 3 have been 07:00 UK time, just checked and PJ tweet was 08:08. 

Was quite enjoying waking up to an announcement every Friday, whereas now it would appear I'm back to staring at my phone waiting for a notification :lol:

Ahhh gotcha! Yeah me too! Although I do enjoy rapidly refreshing my phone at 4pm every Friday as well!

16 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Pearl Jam was announced at 12 belgian time I think. Can't make their minds up this year!

No, Pearl Jam was announced much earlier....9am I think Belgian time. I remember I was still at home getting ready for work when I saw the Pearl Jam announcement (I leave the house around 8:15, that's 9:15 Belgian time). :) 

1 minute ago, Phantom_Zone said:

I love these announcement Fridays! NIN, RTJ or Bjork would be great...still never seen Bjork in concert...is she the sort of act that shines at a festival though?

Would love to see all of these acts. I've never seen Bjork either but I've heard amazing things from my colleagues who have. A whole bunch of us are going to see her in London next summer

4 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I'm down with that. As long as it's a bit of a spectacle!

It is going to be interesting at the allpointseast festival if she can still pull it off on a big open stage, prefer her in a indoor show to be honest. If she does play werchter (I do not think she will), hopefully it is in one of the indoor stages. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thetime said:

It is going to be interesting at the allpointseast festival if she can still pull it off on a big open stage, prefer her in a indoor show to be honest. If she does play werchter (I do not think she will), hopefully it is in one of the indoor stages. 

Saw her at Werchter 2008 (or 2007?) as sub before Muse and I remember it was mesmerizing. Stopped following her after her succesful 90s albums, so went in without towering expectations, but I was genuinely overwhelmed. Would really love to see if she can still pull that of with a set of her recent output. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thetime said:

She seems to be headlining (and therefore playing outdoors) at everything she's been announced for this year. So I think you're right and she won't be booked. 

17 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

She seems to be headlining (and therefore playing outdoors) at everything she's been announced for this year. So I think you're right and she won't be booked. 

Although the festivals announced are much smaller festivals than werchter, perhaps that is what shes doing next summer. If that is the case perhaps she will play a festival like Les Ardentes is she stops over in Belgium.

Edited by thetime