Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

50 minutes ago, McCallion said:

People downvote the maddest things in this forum. I'll balance it out (need my Muse fix for 2018!)

You also got two downvotes? oh well.

I really don't like Muse (especially their recent stuff) but both you and @ParanoidTourist got my upvotes. Can't stand this BS.

Anyway, according to this interview, Editors are planning to release their next album in March 2018. I can totally see them coming once again to close the festival on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Orens said:

You also got two downvotes? oh well.

I really don't like Muse (especially their recent stuff) but both you and @ParanoidTourist got my upvotes. Can't stand this BS.

Anyway, according to this interview, Editors are planning to release their next album in March 2018. I can totally see them coming once again to close the festival on Sunday.

Yeah I think you're right, I'd be amazed if Editors didn't show up. Would be nice if they were paired with another headline size act as they were with RHCP in 2016 :)

With the Friday page of the line up being added today we're presumably getting the first name for that next.

The Killers have just announced TRNSMT for 8th July ruling them out of the Sunday, Saturday already has Pearl Jam and Thursday has QOTSA and Gorillaz... seems like it's all slotting together nicely for a Friday Rock Werchter announcement?

Edited by alexlloyd

10 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

With the Friday page of the line up being added today we're presumably getting the first name for that next.

The Killers have just announced TRNSMT for 8th July ruling them out of the Sunday, Saturday already has Pearl Jam and Thursday has QOTSA and Gorillaz... seems like it's all slotting together nicely for a Friday Rock Werchter announcement?

Killers and Franz Ferdinand on the Friday would be fantastic for me. 

Someone said that The XX could be a dance-act rather then a plain headliner. Could this be possible then:

Thursday: Gorillaz - Queens of the Stone Age - Kasabian...
Friday - The XX - Arctic Monkeys - Macklemore...
Saturday: Pearl Jam - The Killers - Franz Ferdinand
Sunday: Muse - Nick Cave - 30 Second to Mars...

8 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Someone said that The XX could be a dance-act rather then a plain headliner. Could this be possible then:

In 2017 Werchter closed the main stage at 1:00 at the latest, so if that trend doesn't in 2018 there's not a lot of room for dance acts. The xx can totally fit that late spot in a co-headliner structure, not necessarily as a dance act but one that needs to start playing in the dark.

27 minutes ago, Gossard said:

My suggestion:

Gorillaz - QOTSA - Snow Patrol

Muse - The Killers - Macklemore (please something different) 

Pearl Jam - Kasabian - Franz Ferdinand

The XX - Nick Cave - 30 Seconds To Mars

So basically I think your list with some rearrangements and no Arctic Monkeys unfortunately