Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

19 minutes ago, thetechi said:

I have to say I am very surprised to see some of the names on the Mad Cool lineup - notably Snow Patrol!

Very much hope they're a possibility for RW, especially after the negative comments about Mad Cool earlier on in this thread.

https://madcoolfestival.es/line-up.php

NINE INCH NAILS!!!!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, thetime said:

Wonder if Pearl Jam will announce a raft of festival dates tomorrow, rumoured to be announcing mad cool.

The rumour was based on the fact Madcool kept tweeting out videos with the word Ten in them. They announced 10 new acts today so it was probably referring to that. Still hope though!

1 minute ago, McCallion said:

The rumour was based on the fact Madcool kept tweeting out videos with the word Ten in them. They announced 10 new acts today so it was probably referring to that. Still hope though!

Last clue is other coordinates that combined bring to Seattle.

Had a go at updating my prediction, again sorry if any of the placements are off. I'm from the UK so had to guess a bit with some ordering as I'm not sure how similar popularity is in Belgium for some acts. Anyway here we go...

Gorillaz - QOTSA - Volbeat - Run the Jewels - Enter Shikari - Marmozets - De Staat

The Cure - Nine Inch Nails - Triggerfinger - Biffy Clyro - Iggy Pop -  The Hives - Highly Suspect

The XX - The Killers - Franz Ferdinand - Two Door Cinema Club - Kaleo - Wolf Alice - To Love

Pearl Jam - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Snow Patrol - Rise Against - Skunk Anansie - Brian Fallon and the Howling Weather - Black Pistol Fire

Edited by BlackFoxx

29 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Gorillaz - QOTSA - Volbeat - Run the Jewels - Enter Shikari - Marmozets - De Staat

The Cure - Nine Inch Nails - Triggerfinger - Biffy Clyro - Iggy Pop -  The Hives - Highly Suspect

The XX - The Killers - Franz Ferdinand - Two Door Cinema Club - Kaleo - Wolf Alice - To Love

Pearl Jam - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Snow Patrol - Rise Against - Skunk Anansie - Brian Fallon and the Howling Weather - Black Pistol Fire

Very good lineup, although to much like 2012.

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would say there’s to many guitar bands for a modern day werchter lineup. 

Yeah probably my own taste/preferences coming through. Hard not to blur  the line between a prediction and a wishlist i guess. 

Hip hop acts usually gets placed in the tents. Skunk Anasie and Iggy Pop playing 3th is really not happening. You're missing a lot of typical RW-bands though; The War On Drugs, MGMT, Liam Gallagher, London Grammar, 30STM, The Vaccines, Kasabian, Paramore, Noel Gallagher... With the amount of acts are touring around RW, this would be a weak Main-line up imo.

1 hour ago, BlackFoxx said:

Had a go at updating my prediction, again sorry if any of the placements are off. I'm from the UK so had to guess a bit with some ordering as I'm not sure how similar popularity is in Belgium for some acts. Anyway here we go...

De Staat - Marmozets - Enter Shikari - Run The Jewels would blow my mind as a combo. 4 of my all time faves!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Hip hop acts usually gets placed in the tents. Skunk Anasie and Iggy Pop playing 3th is really not happening. You're missing a lot of typical RW-bands though; The War On Drugs, MGMT, Liam Gallagher, London Grammar, 30STM, The Vaccines, Kasabian, Paramore, Noel Gallagher... With the amount of acts are touring around RW, this would be a weak Main-line up imo.

Yeah was unsure of the placement of those, think I had a lot of acts maybe 3rd/4th down sorta size and tried to put them all in which probably led to some unrealistic placements. Did think of Kasabian and 30STM but again, couldn't find a place to slot them in without pushing others down. Both of them would probably take quite high slots back in the UK, where do you think they'd be at Werchter? Paramore I'd really want to see too, but they don't have any Europe summer tour plans right now so I took them out in favour of Biffy/Snow Patrol/Rise Against type acts who are already turning up at other festivals.

3 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

That's maybe the weakest set of headliners I've seen at RW. Pearl Jam the only "big" headliner...

17 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

The Killers won't be announced just yet, given that their Belgian show still has to sell out.

War On Drugs prztty much ruled out btw. Confirmed yesterday in a Belgian tv show that he's coming back to Belgium in August (aka Pukkelpop).

Hmmm, I wonder who we'll get then? Maybe 3-4 smaller acts. One subheadliner? I notice Kasabian confirmed for Mad Cool yesterday along with half of my wish list! Haha